Page 30 of 175 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580130 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

dark_legion: You can't give the Sacred Band javelins unless you change the model, but changing the GCS and Macedon hypaspist units back to javelin/sword is relatively easy.

1. In xgm\data\descr_model battle you need to change the skeleton line to:
    Code:
    skeleton			fs_javelinman, fs_swordsman
    2. In xgm\data\export_descr_units.txt you need to change the primary weapon to a javelin. Something like this would do:
    Code:
    stat_pri         9, 2, javelin, 60, 6, thrown, archery, piercing, spear, 25 ,0.9
    stat_pri_attr    thrown ap

Hi!

Thanks for your help DimeBagHo.

hey great mod I love playing as the scippi and greeks in it but when im playing in my scippi file my game crashes when i click the end turn button im in the year 194bc also

ok now when i try to play the game it doesnt even start up how come?

Interesting I had very similar problems when I was attacking scipii - I assumed it was because I just destroyed Brutti
    Last edited by killmore; December 06, 2005 at 04:05 PM.

so anyone wanna help please!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator!
    so anyone wanna help please!!!!!!
    Did you try the command line show_err

Imperator!: If you have a saved game which will actually load up, send the file to dimebagwhore@yahoo.com . I'll take a shot at trying to figure out what the problem is. Are you using the most recent version of XGM?

I noticed over at .com that some people were having a similar problem even with vanilla RTW, so it might not be a problem with XGM.

ya i cant even play not as soon as i start it up it crashes to desk top

Default calvary speed

hi, a great mod there, especially playing as greek. I realli liked the spartan skins. Just one thing, after some testing in custom battles, i found that the calvary speed is considerably reduced (was having a hard time catching routing units with them :sweatingb ) i know that all units' speed are reduced so i try the descr_battle_map_movement to change all the 0.8s to 1, but did not see much difference and everything is still slower compare to 1.3. I'm not meaning that i don like your idea of the speed, but i realli prefer the 1.3 one personally, or at least increase the cav speed to the original, (and things like elephants and chariots). I always liked cav because the FEELING of their speed and charge. their toes don even seem to move as quick as in 1.3 too. Can you tell me what file to change to increase the speed? at least cav, plz

Imperator!: That is a pity. I'd like to get hold of a working save file so I can see what is going on.

hzh: All of my changes to movement speeds are in descr_battle_map_movement.txt, and unfortunately changes there apply to all units, so I think the problem you are observing is in vanilla RTW. The low relative speed difference between cavalry and fleeing infantry is a common complaint.

If you want to change the relative speeds of cavalry units you can change the skeletons used in descr_model_battle.txt. There are four "speeds" (fs_fast_horse, fs_medium_horse, fs_horse, fs_cataphract_horse). Obviously you can't make fast horses go any faster, but you can speed up medium horses by giving them the fast skeleton and so on.

its ok I think it might not have been working since i had my saved game files on my desktop after i tryed to reinstall it i deleted them when i tryed again but now it works fine

Hi, i read your repply, yes, after some other test i felt that some of the things i said were very dum, by changing the speed form 0.8 to 1.2(insteed of 1), now i got exactly the speed of 1.3. just one more question there, if I make a change like fs_horse to fs_medium, do I also need to change the descr_mount file to match this, things like horse mass. And, if you can combine this mod with BI formation like shield wall and add in swim-abble unit, it will be even more ATTRACTIVE(i believe it is possible to add in those to 1.3 but not good at modding). Thx to the land bridges you add, now the other two families actually TRY to expand, just Brutti seems far less aggressive. heard that patch 1.5's coming out, if you are releasing another version, which i look forward to, will you base on that? and how about saved games(i have played your mod for a while already, liked it)

hzh:

-If you want to change the horse speeds I suggest you do it in descr_model_battle.txt. Find the entries for the mounts, and change the skeletons used. That way only the speed will be changed, while all the other stuff like appearance, mass, etc., will stay the same.
    -When the next version of XGM comes out it is highly likely that it will include a tool that will make it work with the BI exe. The major downside of using the BI exe is that it won't work unless you over-write files in the original data directory.
    -If a new patch comes out I will almost certainly update XGM for it.
    -I think I have managed to maintain saved game compatibility for XGM versions 3.0-3.4 and I will try to keep it up for future versions. But, if a new patch comes out it will probably break saved game compatibility.

I just had a quick look at the readme for the new patch.

-CA claims that saved game compatibility will not be broken by the new patch - in which case XGM saves should also continue to work.
    -They also claim that the naval AI problems are fixed, in which case I will probably remove the land bridges and make them an optional extra.
    -They say that some save errors that were causing crashes have been fixed. This might be the problem that killmore and Imperator! ran into.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Hi everybody, I'm Zarax from the org forums...
    I've been giving DimeBagHo some feedback about XGM there and after seeing RTWEP I started a small XGM add-on for BI.

http://microsoftuse.temp.powweb.com/hosted/xgmbizx.exe

Features:

- includes instructions to activate xgm using BI exe

- optimized files for BI allows swimming and BI formations for various units

- toned down general bodyguards

- added a new recruitable mercenary for Carthage, made Phoeni Infantry slightly harder to recruit to compensate

not included in the mod but suggested:

remove the land bridges as the BI exe has working naval invasions so no need for them.

Instructions:

unpack the file (it's a sfx so you just need to tell the app where to unpack) to a temporary folder (desktop will do fine) and follow the readme.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Another brilliant edition of the XGM mod DBH, congrats and carry on the good work!

I am going to give RTW another run (have been occupied with CIV for the past month, but I miss the battles of RTW ) and I am probably going to use your mod... but... there is this thing... oh, well, we've been there before: I hate the vanilla map. So, any chance to repeat the mundus magnus progress and either create an installation for MM2 for 1.3 or create a WarMap 1.2 Vanilla version? Those are great maps (I still love MM more than WM, mostly because the former is more accurate and has more provinces in the areas that mattered in the RTW timeframe, while the latter focuses mostly in the - not quite interesting - "barbaric" lands) and a XGM for one of these would make for a great game.

Winner of the - once upon a time - least popular TWC
    TOPIC award

Υπό την αιγίδα του Tacticalwithdrawal
    under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal

Naughty bros: Red Baron and Polemides

The next version is pretty much done. I am still playing around with some of the unit descriptions and waiting for the patch. The changes are mostly just to tidy up the transition to the new phalangite units started in the previous version.

GCS - The unit line-up is now much closer to the other Greek factions.

Militia Phalangites - similar to other levy phalangite units.
    Phalangites - similar to other phalangite units.
    Armoured Phalangites - similar to Foot Companions (etc), except that they have significantly heavier armour, but lower attack.
    Spartan Phalangites - no longer an uber unit, but still very good, they are similar to Foot Companions (etc) except that they have an excellent sword attack, and higher morale.

Egypt - Added a levy phalangite unit, and made Nile Phalangites similar to other Greek phalangite units.

Carthage - Added Balearic Slingers recruitable in Palma.

I have also fixed up some unit voices, and corrected some unit descriptions. Land bridges are gone from the default install, but will be included as an optional extra.

Rosacrux redux - It would take a lot of work to get the newest versions of MM to work with XGM, but I think vanilla WarMap would be pretty easy.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

It is already done, Dr Fox, Hans Kloss and Myself managed to get MM 2.0 to work on 1.3, we also did it with MM 1.3
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

GrimSta: Thanks for letting me know. Getting MM 1.3 to work with XGM should not be too hard. Check your PMs.