Page 27 of 175 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277127 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Nerfing them makes them a less attractive buy for the AI. Increasing the price has a similar effect. Still, it's hard to get the balance right without a lot of testing.

BTW - there is another small update to version 3.3.1. Recruitment requirements and costs have been changed a bit for balance, otherwise the changes are just cosmetic (some new UI cards and fixed a problem with the Dead Sea area on the map).
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; November 05, 2005 at 12:05 AM.

Default Religion?

Hey great work DimeBagHo,

Just one last question, is it possible to implement religion into your mod?

Adding the faith dynamic for the game would be entertaining-to say the least!
    Representative of the unwashed plebs.

I was just playing the most recent version of XGM, and to be honest, i really don't like the land bridges in the game, it just does not seem, i dunno, realistic.

It was a great idea, but it makes spreading an empire too easy, and tends to make navies more useless then usual.

Just get rid of em
    Representative of the unwashed plebs.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

You can do it quite easily yourself, I believe. You just need to edit the relevant map files in photoshop.

Actually it's even easier than that. All you have to do is, right after installing XGM, go to xgm\Data\world\maps\base and delete:

map_ground_types.tga
    map_heights.hgt
    map_heights.tga

If you delete those files the game will just revert to using the vanilla map, and that will work fine because the land bridges are the only changes I've made (no new provinces or anything).

In any case, the bridges are there to help the AI rather than human players, so if they make things too easy for you, you should just stop using them.

Oh, and about religion - I have been poking around in the files to see which ones control religions, and so far I have not had much luck. If anyone knows how to mod religions let me know.

Okay, first of all, this mod is great. I love the units and the progression.

However, I am now at year 249, and I no longer have the ability to save my game. I hit end turn, it cycles through one or two factions and then sits there. I can reload just fine, but I cannot save or end my turn.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Russian13
    However, I am now at year 249, and I no longer have the ability to save my game. I hit end turn, it cycles through one or two factions and then sits there. I can reload just fine, but I cannot save or end my turn.
    Wild guess - you might be running short of memory during the AI moves. If you have FOW off, turn it on again. If you have "follow AI moves" selected in game prefs, turn it off. You could try turning down the strat map graphics a bit as well.

If that fails, could you tell me (1) what version of XGM you started your campaign with, (2) what version you are using now (if it is different) (3) what faction you are playing, (3) what faction is active when the game stalls. Also could you send a copy of your most recent saved game to: dimebagwhore@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Wild guess - you might be running short of memory during the AI moves. If you have FOW off, turn it on again. If you have "follow AI moves" selected in game prefs, turn it off. You could try turning down the strat map graphics a bit as well.

If that fails, could you tell me (1) what version of XGM you started your campaign with, (2) what version you are using now (if it is different) (3) what faction you are playing, (3) what faction is active when the game stalls. Also could you send a copy of your most recent saved game to: dimebagwhore@yahoo.com
    Many thanks. I will try all suggestions. I do have on "follow AI moves" but the FOW is on. I've got a ton of memory, and this has never happened before, but you never know with computers!

The strange thing is, the "Save Game" option in the menue is just whited out. I can select any other option.

However, I am using the newest version of XGM and it is the only one I've ever had (just found out about it). I'm playing the Greeks. Game stalls on Brutii. However, it doesn't really freeze, it just sits there. I can move the map around with the arrow keys, but I have no cursor.

Anyway, thanks for your quick assistance. I will advise.

First of alll the Greek Extended Mod is great DimeBagHo ,

I have just a question are u going to make any update ????,

If yes, can u include the Swordman from Argos or at least to make that unit......

Again great job...

Red_Russian13 - OK, it sounds like memory is not the problem. You can't save just because it is stuck in the middle of another faction's turn. If you send a copy of a saved game I will see if I can figure out why the Brutii are getting stuck (might be something funny going on with the land-bridge).

Anastasios - The GCS and macedon already have sword units (hypaspists and Corinthian hypaspists) so I probably won't add another one. But there will be more updates. At the moment I'm working on some new scripts and on making Egypt a little more Greek.

DimeBagHo thanks for your answer mate, I know that for the Macedonians and for the Greeks you have add hypaspists and Corinthian hypaspists, but are very expensive to make them plus you have to wait to built army barracks, thats why I ask for a unit more cheaper like the swordman from Argos.

Anyway thanks again and I will wait for your updates
    Last edited by Anastasios; November 08, 2005 at 07:19 PM.

Default Extended Greek Mod

Recently downloaded your MOD and I just wanted to say I was very impressed!
    Great job!!
    If you have any further updates I would love to hear about them.

Dimebag;

Apparently, the problem rectified itself. Puzzling things these computers...

I'm having a blast playing now. I tried the Seleuicids and am enjoying getting demolished by the Egyptians, Parthians, Greeks, and Armanians! It's a good fight! Thanks again for your efforts.

XGM version 3.3.2 is available for download.

You can get it here.

The main changes are:
    -Egyptian units have been brought in line with those of other successor states. Nubian Spearmen are now non-phalanx, and similar to Thureophoroi or Eastern Infantry. Nile Spearmen are now Nile Pikemen, and similar to Levy Pikemen. Pharaoh's Guards are now armed with pikes, and similar to Foot Companions or Silver Shield Pikemen. Egyptian Chariot Generals have been replaced with a cavalry bodyguard. The early and late bodyguard units are now similar to those of the Greek factions.
    -Some unit masses have been changed to make sword units a little more effective against phalanx formations.
    -The Senate now uses only Praetorian and Auxilary units.
    -A bunch of other minor fixes and tweaks.

Anastasios: XGM used to have a cheap light sword infantry unit. I suppose it might make a come-back. Those Argos swordsmen don't really look cheap though .

Red_Russian13: Glad to hear it worked out. That means I don't have to fix anything .

First of all, GREAT WORK ON THE MOD DIMEBAG!@#

Secondly, i wanted to have some sort of phalanx unit for rome factions. i was wondering what files i would need to alter to make "spartan hoplites" recruitable by romans? And do i use spartan xgm or regular?

Thanks for the help!

Hey DimeBag, Ive just installed your mod and its real awsome. Ive got version 3.3.1 tho and i want to get 3.3.2. Does that mean i have to uninstall the game and then download 3.3.2 or can i just install it over the top of 3.3.2?

thanks for the great mod, good work keep it up

Elite Cohort: There is a guide to adding units to a new faction here. The only difference is that you should make your changes to the files in xgm/data rather than the main data directory. The spartan xgm unit has the new models and skins, and is the one used in XGM.

dark_legion: You can install 3.3.2 over the top of the older version (should work fine with any version back to 3.1). Saved games should continue to work as well.

Yeah thanks for that, um when i download 3.3.2 it says that the file size is 10 something megabytes. Adn my connections really slow so do I have to download the whole thing or is there a add-on thingy which is smaller but still is the files to 3.3.2.

sorry if this may sound confusing

dark_legion: Unfortunately I don't keep track of the changed files, so I can't do patches. If the mod gets much bigger I might start doing it though.

allright then thanks, im downloading it now. wat other ideas have u got for this mod? i think you should try to balance out the other factions a bit but not by much because im finding that im dominating with my greek factions, and can you make make egypt fully greek because i think i was a successor kingdom, a bit like in the early RTR with egypt being the Ptolemiac empire.

you dont really have to do this but im just making a suggestion, thanks