Page 20 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

"ewxaristw poly" DimeBagHo, i've played this mod from the first version, but this one is a big piece of art, especially by adding these 3 extra units, but, as one of the members said, in further version can you change the skins of some units, the "hoplite" soldier is to monotone, the skins are near identicly each other,and after a few hours of playing the game is becoming boring, there is not such a big diference between the armoured hoplite and the classic hoplite [visualy].Atleast the armoured one should be skinned in a different way, anyway the Corithian Hyspasits are a MASTER PIECE, they look awesome, these are indeed a formidable soldiers in greek armies.Good luck in the future....
    ====> the enemy of my friend is my spy <====
    Marcus Neotorious

Hiya - wondering if you could help.

I did the following

1. Start with a fresh install of RTW.
    2. Install the official 1.2 patch.
    3. Install Mundus Magnus.
    4. Run the XGM installer.
    5. Run the XGM-MM installer contained in the Extras folder.
    6. Start playing the Mundus Magnus provincial campaign.

Seems to work fine when playing the Imperial Campaign - i.e the normal map

When selecting provincial to play the MM map and clicking on my chosen faction (tried 3 so far) it hangs and then returns to the previous screen or crashes completetly when it tries to start the game.

I've re-installed Rome 2 x now just to make sure I was doing it right but have had no joy

Any ideas anyone ?
    Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage

Epirote

Copy paste replace all MM Files in RTW directory.

Install the XGM in a new folder
    Then copy paste replace all files in RTW directory.

Install XGM-MM in a new folder
    Then copy paste replace all files in RTW directory

I always follow this path for all XGM mods.
    Never failed

You don`t have to uninstall RTW
    Just copy all RTW directory in new folder and play thw game from there.
    I personally have more 5 mods installed.
    Each one has its RTW directory.
    Never bother to uninstall the game.
    If don`t like a mod I simply delete it.
    While the original is intact.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Neotorious - The Armoured hoplites will get a re-skin sooner or later, but it is hard to say when.

monkian - There was a problem with Athenian archers and Mundus Magnus (I forgot to update XGM-MM when I added them). This is fixed in version 2.2.1, so try that and see how it goes. It started up fine for me.

Epirote - There are some great modding tutorials over at totalwar.og and here in the articles section. The software that I use is 3DSMax for models, and a combination of the GiMP and DTXbmp for skins. If you have PaintShop (but not elements - it can't handle alpha channels) then that might be easier to use.

Default Xgm 2.2.1

I have released an update for XGM (version 2.2.1). You can get here.

The only changes are a few minor bug fixes.
    -XGM-MM has been updated for Athenian Archers and should work fine now.
    -The new victory conditions have been added for Mundus Magnus.
    (but the old victory conditions have not been disabled for MM)
    -Dogs have been completely removed from buildings.
    (I missed one building level in version 2.2)
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; June 12, 2005 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Neotorious - The Armoured hoplites will get a re-skin sooner or later, but it is hard to say when.

monkian - There was a problem with Athenian archers and Mundus Magnus (I forgot to update XGM-MM when I added them). This is fixed in version 2.2.1, so try that and see how it goes. It started up fine for me.

Epirote - There are some great modding tutorials over at totalwar.og and here in the articles section. The software that I use is 3DSMax for models, and a combination of the GiMP and DTXbmp for skins. If you have PaintShop (but not elements - it can't handle alpha channels) then that might be easier to use.
    I tried what a previous post sugegsted and seem to have got it working thanks ! ; )

I'll definately apply the update though- I take it I can extract it straight over the top yeah ?

monkian - Installing this over the top of version 2.2 should be fine. If you are using Mundus Magnus will need to run XGM-MM again as well. Some changes (like the fix for Athenian Marines) might not affect saved games.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time for testing since the Battlefield2 demo came out.

Thanks Dimebag '; )

May have to restart my campaign again then - no biggie.

I was wondering if other modders' skinpacks would be compatible with this mod ? I really like Maximinimus's Carthaginian skins- would installing this skin/model pack cause any problems with your mod ?

Cheers !

DomeBagHo,thanx for reskining the armoured hoplites, and i want to give you some personals opinions and ideas about your wonderful mod.
    First you did a good job by removing those nasty dogs, they were quite irritating, esspecialy when, at the end of a battle, the dogs were the only remaining unit, did you removed the flaming pigs too?You should tweak a little the hyspasits, a little bit melee power attack would be okey,around 8 atleast or make them equal with roman principes.Why don't you make the athenian marines the default archers for Greek?After all the cretan archers are more powerful.Or upgrade the default greek archers to athenian marines, or put them another name, but keep the current skin.I've said it before, and i'm saying it now..the Corithian Hyspasits are amazing, i love to make an army with them.Another suggestion....why don't you put the recruitment turns for spartan hoplites, thessalian cavalry, and corinthian hyspasits to 1 turn?After all they can be recruit only from one single town.It will be a good idea to add an unique unit to Pergamum [in ancient time was called TROY], it was a famous city, we all saw that in the movie, Sparta have the superb hoplites, why Pergamum [TROY] should not have a great and unique unit to recruit...like "ilium hoplites", in the ancient times the trojans were called "iliads" after her founder, Ilus 2, son of Tros 1...Good luck in the future...
    Marcus Neotorious

Quote Originally Posted by Neotorious
    DomeBagHo,thanx for reskining the armoured hoplites, and i want to give you some personals opinions and ideas about your wonderful mod.
    First you did a good job by removing those nasty dogs, they were quite irritating, esspecialy when, at the end of a battle, the dogs were the only remaining unit, did you removed the flaming pigs too?You should tweak a little the hyspasits, a little bit melee power attack would be okey,around 8 atleast or make them equal with roman principes.Why don't you make the athenian marines the default archers for Greek?After all the cretan archers are more powerful.Or upgrade the default greek archers to athenian marines, or put them another name, but keep the current skin.I've said it before, and i'm saying it now..the Corithian Hyspasits are amazing, i love to make an army with them.Another suggestion....why don't you put the recruitment turns for spartan hoplites, thessalian cavalry, and corinthian hyspasits to 1 turn?After all they can be recruit only from one single town.It will be a good idea to add an unique unit to Pergamum [in ancient time was called TROY], it was a famous city, we all saw that in the movie, Sparta have the superb hoplites, why Pergamum [TROY] should not have a great and unique unit to recruit...like "ilium hoplites", in the ancient times the trojans were called "iliads" after her founder, Ilus 2, son of Tros 1...Good luck in the future...
    You do realise the battle of Troy (if it even existed) was a good 1000 years before this right and armies and fighting styles change. I don't think each faction should have a 'super unit'. Its a fact that Spartan warriors were and probably still are the 'hardest' soldiers ever- hense their prowess in the game. They're not there as superunit- they're there because they actually existed- unlike the Roman 'battlefield ninja' Arcani

If you want to know more about Trojan War look at this site

http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/...ar.html#causes

And, those Arcani "ninjas" were real, but they were somekind of "modern" FBI agents in the Roman Empire.So you thing that in XGM the superunits should be only real historycal ones? I don't thing thessalian cavalry really existed, but like spartan hoplites, the legends of brave men will always stay in our everyday life.Maybe Robin Hood did not existed, but he is so real and brave in many legends and movies, that we don't care so much if it was real or not.
    Marcus Neotorious

Quote Originally Posted by Neotorious
    If you want to know more about Trojan War look at this site

http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/...ar.html#causes

And, those Arcani "ninjas" were real, but they were somekind of "modern" FBI agents in the Roman Empire.So you thing that in XGM the superunits should be only real historycal ones? I don't thing thessalian cavalry really existed, but like spartan hoplites, the legends of brave men will always stay in our everyday life.Maybe Robin Hood did not existed, but he is so real and brave in many legends and movies, that we don't care so much if it was real or not.
    Heh, as it says 'Greek Mythology' in large letters along the top of the page, I'll refer back to my 'if it existed' ; )

I've no doubt the Arcani 'existed' in some form. But as elite battlefield ninjas ? I think not. Same as the Druids existed - but not as battlefield units.

Why don't you think Thessillian cavalry existed ?

I'm not sure Robin Hood is particualry good example for this discussion dude.

Troy was a myth, so its units should not be used in a realistic game.

DimebagHo- love the new skins and the Athenian marines are perfect. Will the Hoplite and Armoured Hoplite units ever be reskinned?

Neotorious- the Spartans and Thessalians were not legendary, they were real. Thermopylae really happened. Plataea really happened. Thessaly has been famed throughout history for the quality of its horsemen. The Arcani were real but not an elite battlefield force, more like men skilled in making unwanted people "disappear". Even if Troy existed, why should it have a special unit in the game when the alleged trojan war happened 1000 years before the events of R:TW?

I concur ; )

What will the next version include Dimebagho?

Leonidas123 - Anastasio was working on a new set of banners for Macedon and the GCS (Macedon would get the Vergina Star, and GCS would get the Spartan L). Meh_cd was working on a new skin for Armoured Hoplites. I haven't heard from either of them for a while so there is no ETA.

Apart from those possible additions, the next version will include a bunch of new missions.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I'm not sure whether or not this has been asked before (and in a thread with 392 replies, I'm not going to try to find out!), but I was wondering - if I were to install Linedog's New Provinces v. 2.3 map for the patched version of Vanilla, could I then go on to install the XGM (or MGM, for that matter) without any problems? I mean, because this map has some new provinces in it and so on (although essentially still the same size), would there be any conflicting files (or would the XGM or MGM overwrite some vital files for the New Province mod?)? I'd much appreciate your advice.

Zenith Darksea - You would have to edit descr_regions.txt and descr_strat.txt to make things work correctly. Also the missions and victory conditions would not work without further editing. If you look further back in the thread you can see an explanation of what needs to be done (mostly you need to add the hidden resources for local units in desrc_regions.txt, and update the starting units in descr_strat.txt).

ok im totally confused. im loading up several of your models to RTR, since both mods arent compatable but the models are. so ive loaded up the athenian marine archer and elite Hypaspists, but when loading the corinthian Hypaspists it crashes like ive got the data in wrong, and ive tried it like 5 times, exactly the same as the first two. so maybe my data is corrupted , this is what ive got.

type greek hypaspist corinthian
    dictionary greek_hypaspist_corinthian ; Corinthian Hypaspists
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy_1
    soldier greek_corinthian_hypaspist, 40, 0, 1.3
    officer greek_standard_corinth
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_sap, very_hardy
    formation 1, 1, 2, 2, 5, square
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 9, 2, javelin, 60, 4, thrown, simple, piercing, spear, 25 ,0.9
    stat_pri_attr prec, thrown ap
    stat_sec 12, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 25 ,0.9
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 11, 7, 5, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 2, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental 14, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 1220, 460, 130, 190, 1220
    ownership greek_cities

type greek_corinthian_hypaspist
    skeleton fs_javelinman, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_CORINTHIAN_HYPASPIST.TGA
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_corinthian_hypaspist_high.CAS, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_corinthian_hypaspist_medium.CAS, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_corinthian_hypaspist_low.CAS, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_corinthian_hypaspist_lowest.CAS, max
    model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_corinthian_hypaspist_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

greek_hypaspist_corinthian
    greek_hypaspist_corinthian_descr
    greek_hypaspist_corinthian_descr_short

{greek_hypaspist_corinthian} Κορινθιοι Υπασπιστες Corinthian Hypaspists

{greek_hypaspist_corinthian_descr}
    Beyond Elite!\nDisciplined\nVery Hardy\nCan Form Phalanx\nSapping Ability\n\nCorinthian hypaspists are superb hoplites that have been re-equiped to perform a variety of tasks that range from defending the flanks of the phalanx, to harassing enemy forces before the clash, and assaulting fortifications. Armed with swords and javelins these men are highly mobile and very nearly as deadly as Spartans in melee.\n\nWell armoured, agile, and deadly swordsmen, Corinthian hypaspists are capable of standing against any opponent.

{greek_hypaspist_corinthian_descr_short}
    Corinthian hypaspists are superb swordsmen. Well armoured, and tough, they make formidable opponents.

got the the INFO.tga in UI/unit_info
    #.tga in UI/ unit
    4 cas files in model_unit
    and the dds file in model_unit textures

now that should be all i need right? am i missing a texture file? or is my unit data wrong? because ive looked and looked , and all i can think of is either the texture file is corrupted( which they were working before so i doubt that) or something is wrong.
    Last edited by Gelgoog; June 19, 2005 at 02:24 AM.