Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

One last i would like to see in RTW. The Coolest Macedonian uniform although i would have added him some sandals if I knew how to make a skin :lol

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Thanks Leonidas, I'm glad you liked it. The new version is done, but it will need a bit more testing than the last couple of versions. It should be available in a day or two.

Epriot - Hoplites do look cool. There is another mod being worked on that is set in the Peloponesian War period - hopefully that will have a nice range of hoplite skins for all the city states. Those pictures you posted are great. Although the tactics might be simple, I think a massed battle with a dozen or so different styles of hoplites would look fantastic.

The new Corinthians will be armed with swords and javelins (you can see them in the screenshot I posted above).

Version 1.1 is out. The big changes are:

(1) Hypaspists have a new skin and model, and they now carry javelins in addition to a thrusting spear.
    (2) Corinthians are now hypaspists armed with sword and javelins.
    (3) Athenians are gone.
    (4) Repeating ballistas are added.
    (5) Greek factions can now hold races.

The new readme is at the top of the thread. Download is still in the same place.

Epriot - I managed to turn one of those pics into quite a nice hoplite skin. It might make an appearance in a later version of MGM.

I can`t find a Site to upload my Image library

one more

So when the new mod will be ready? :rolleyes

The fat guy i choosed for pic is very freaking funny. :w00t

V1.1 is out now Epriot. You can get it here: http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=445

I have updated version 1.1 slightly for balance. Hypaspists have had their attack and armour reduced slightly. Rhodian slingers are now recruitable with an archery range. Cretan archers now wear some armour, so they have some protection against ranged units.

The updated file should be compatible with the older one so, if you have already installed the version of 1.1 I uploaded earlier, you can just install this one over the top.

dude 1.1 is incredible. the hypasists are awesome and the corinthian ones are just as good as spartans. Keep it up man.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by blood and iron."
    -Otto Von Bismarck

Ideas for V1.2

The unit line-up is reasonably complete now. There are a few more units that could be added:

1 - A higher level naval unit (similar to the corvus).
    2 - A medium cavalry unit (similar to Mac cav).
    3 - A "hide anywhere" tactical ambush unit (similar to arcarni).

Any ideas or preferences?

Another direction that 1.2 could take is towards adding more depth to other aspects of the Greek campaign besides units. Character traits could be greekified (it is a crime that there is no Greek rhetorical skill trait for example). Unique buildings could be added (like the Oracle at Delphi). More Greek-specific events could be added. What I would like to do is to give the Greek Cities faction a level of detail that is similar to that of the Roman factions.

I like the new cretan, rhodian skin
    I didn`t like the General which is still weak cavalry and the skin.Better a Companion skin.
    The Hypaspists had a almost ceremonial skin and I kind of appreciated the old one.
    Where is the better cavalry for the greeks recruitable in every settlement?

I have revised the cavalry quite a bit for version 1.2. There is a new unit called "Greek Heavy Cavalry" that looks like macedonian cavalry and has similar stats (not quite as good). These are recruitable anywhere with a hippodrome. Thessalian cavalry now looks like companions. The early bodyguard is Greek heavy cavalry. The late bodyguard is Thessalian cavalry.

I have changed the model for hypaspists a bit as well - the officer still has the forward facing plume, but the rest of the unit now has a regular plume.

Can you make an installer for this mod? I just don't know how to install this. I get CTD. And I have a fresh install etc etc.

ToTalDominans - installing should be pretty easy, but I will look into organizing an installer.

In the meantime what you need to do is find your game folder (usually something like C:\Program Files\Activison\Rome - Totalwar&#092 and just drop the data folder from the mod into it. It will over-write some files and you will be set.

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@Mar 29 2005, 02:12 PM
    ToTalDominans - installing should be pretty easy, but I will look into organizing an installer.

In the meantime what you need to do is find your game folder (usually something like C:\Program Files\Activison\Rome - Totalwar&#092 and just drop the data folder from the mod into it. It will over-write some files and you will be set.
    I've tried that, But it doesn't overwrite anything. Thanks for considering an installer, it makes the mod look so much more professional. *wink*

Version 1.2 is now available. The new readme is at the top of the thread.

Major changes include:
    (1) Now uses an installer. *wink*
    (2) Re-worked generals.
    (3) Re-worked cav units, one new unit added.
    (4) Re-worked naval units, one new unit added.
    (5) New Greek only character traits added.

Download is here: http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=445

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@Mar 29 2005, 08:54 PM
    Version 1.2 is now available. The new readme is at the top of the thread.

Major changes include:
    (1) Now uses an installer. *wink*
    (2) Re-worked generals.
    (3) Re-worked cav units, one new unit added.
    (4) Re-worked naval units, one new unit added.
    (5) New Greek only character traits added.

Download is here: http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=445
    You're the man! :grin

Info crad for the catapult quinquireme.

I removed the attachment, as the corrected version can be found in the following post.

And the unit card. I named both epteres (sevens), which is an intermidiate type between a usual quinquireme and a decere.

I removed the attachment, as the corrected version can be found in the following post.