Page 18 of 175 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

LOL - we have been on different pages for a while. At least that explains why none of the fixes worked. :grin

There will be a new version of XGM out in a few days. I suggest that you wait for that, do a completely fresh install of RTW (delete your data directory when you uninstall), and start a new campaign with the new version. Everything should work fine.

In XGM Theres a problem with the greek navy they give you at the start in rhodes its not retrainable after suffering loses in conbat and the spartan hoplits that you get at the start dont go with the skins that you have for the spartans and for the MGM do you get more greek units or are they the same that the ones in XGM.
    Partido Popular Democratico, embruteciendo a Puerto Rico desde 1951

Have you ever thought of adding some more thracian units their linenup is quite stale, and adding some more unique hoplit units for other greek cities like in Athens and such or just some more unique units or fixing some of the succesor states armies like egyp. Maybe taking out thrace and puting in some other hellenic faction.

In XGM Theres a problem with the greek navy they give you at the start in rhodes its not retrainable after suffering loses in conbat and the spartan hoplits that you get at the start dont go with the skins that you have for the spartans...
    You have the wrong descr_strat.txt file. This will cause more problems later in the campaign. Are you playing the Imperial Campaign (i.e the regular map), or Mundus Magnus?

and for the MGM do you get more greek units or are they the same that the ones in XGM.
    The unit line-ups in MGM and XGM are almost identical. MGM has fewer new naval units, and the bodyguard units are more like vanilla.

Have you ever thought of adding some more thracian units their linenup is quite stale, and adding some more unique hoplit units for other greek cities like in Athens and such or just some more unique units or fixing some of the succesor states armies like egyp. Maybe taking out thrace and puting in some other hellenic faction.
    I am reluctant to mess around with Egypt for a couple of reasons. It would be a lot of work :whistle and the end result would be just another Macedon/Seleucid style faction, with a different starting position. Doesn't seem worth the effort.

Athenian hoplites are a possibility for future versions, and the new version comming out soon will have Athenian Marine Archers.

If you have any ideas for new Thracian units I'd like to hear them. Likewise for Pontus.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; June 03, 2005 at 03:18 AM.

Yeah the problem with the spartan and the naval units is resolved i dont know how, i just re-install. Im searching around for ideas for thracian units to see what i can find about there militery lineup, ill post them wene im done. :cool Oh and i also have a problem with the hoplite units they sometimes face the wrong way wene atacking and have you ever thought of making the hoplon shield of the hoplites and armored hoplite bigger to be more accurrete?

Originally posted by Intru
    Oh and i also have a problem with the hoplite units they sometimes face the wrong way wene atacking and have you ever thought of making the hoplon shield of the hoplites and armored hoplite bigger to be more accurrete?
    Phalanx units facing the wrong way is a common problem with vanilla RTW. I find that taking them out of phalanx formation, giving them a new attack order, and then putting them back in phalanx formation usually works. Unfortunately there is no way to fix the problem.

Larger shields would be nice, but it would require modifying a lot of models, and even then there is a problem with spears poking through the larger shields (if you install the Peloponnesian era Spartans you can see what I mean), which looks kinda silly.

OK thnx, hey if its not to much to ask, can you inform on how the new version of XGm is going?

O another solution for the thrace problem would be creating another faction like Epirus, but that would mean creating alot of new units.

The new version should be ready in a day or two. Here is what the major changes will look like:

1. New Spartan skins and models from AnastasioTheGreat.
    2. Athenian Marine Archers added (maybe with a new skin from meh_cd).
    3. New Victory conditions for the Greek factions.
    4. Hypaspists will have much heavier armour.

The new victory conditions are:
    Greek Cities - Spread Greek culture: Fifty provinces + capture the four corners of the known world.
    Macedon - Restore Alexander's Empire: Fifty provinces + capture Sparta, Alexandria, Antioch, and Susa.
    Seleucids - A Great Empire Will Fall: Fifty provinces + capture the four Roman capitals.
    Thrace - Black Sea Empire: Fifty provinces + capture every province on the Black Sea.

I have made a few other tweaks and changes including:
    -A bunch of new bug fixes for vanilla bugs.
    -Romans get Triarii sooner.
    -Early cohorts are eliminated, and Late Cohorts show up sooner.
    -Sarmatian Mercenaries have much heavier armour so they are now one of the best heavy cavalry units.
    -Minimum date for Marius reforms moved forward to 220 BC.
    -A surprise bonus for liberating a certain former Greek colony.

The new victory conditions and the "surprise bonus" are really trial runs for a missions system. If they work out OK, and people like them then I will make more for later versions.

In a day or two wow that awsome i didnt expect it so soon o and I found a book that would help you in depicting thrace called "The Thracians 700 BC–AD 46" :cool you should look it up.

PS. Can it be installed over a earlier version of XGM??

Installing it over an earlier version probably won't cause any problems (but a clean install is always more reliable). But it won't work with old saved games, so you might want to hold off on starting a new campaign.

BTW, Anastasio just sent me his new Spartans, and I think they are the finest Spartan models and textures I have seen. He has also managed to strike just the right balance with the shields. They are larger than the vanilla hoplite shield, but still small enough that there are no noticable problems with clipping. If I get the time I might try to imitate the same effect with the other hoplite models.

You can see some earlier pictures of the work in progress here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...howtopic=30525

Dude lol i just started a new canpaign lol and does spartans are.... :crying ..... beutifull, and you should defenitly try making does shield a LITTLE BIGGER,BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE TIME :cool

Here are some screenshots of new units, and skins. The Hypaspists aren't new - just slightly changed.

The Athenian Marine Archers have a temporary skin that I whipped up. It will do until meh-cd gets his skin finished. The Spartan skin is the "Red Spartans" version of ATG's new Spartans. The Hypaspist shots show the new armour and stats for the heavier hypaspist units. The Hypaspists might get a new skin in the near future as well.

Smite as well just remove my Spartans - no point in keeping them now. :p

As for the Athenian bowman... that's exactly the skin I had in mind. lol Simple, but it should do for now. I'm working on an Athenian hoplite though.

meh_cd - Anistasio's Red Spartans will be the default, but I'm going to keep your Spartans as options just because they still look great and some people prefer not to have capes. As long as the mod stays under the 10MB limit here at TWC I think more options are better.

Is the Athenian hoplite based on the image that Epriot uploaded a while back?

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@May 30 2005, 12:26 PM
    meh_cd - Anistasio's Red Spartans will be the default, but I'm going to keep your Spartans as options just because they still look great and some people prefer not to have capes. As long as the mod stays under the 10MB limit here at TWC I think more options are better.

Is the Athenian hoplite based on the image that Epriot uploaded a while back?
    Yes, it looks a lot like that (so far).

Default Extended Greek Mod V2.2

It looks like it might take a while for the TWC downloads to get organised again. In the meantime you can get XGM 2.2 here: http://www.dimebagho.tk/

so when can i use those new skins or are they in the already released version.
    so if i should know this but my internet has been down for a while.

P.S. I am still trying to find out what happen to TWC.