Page 174 of 175 FirstFirst ... 74124149164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3488

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Discussion and Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    Version 5.9.27 is available. This version adds Suppanut's improved strat map settlements for Barbarian and Eastern cultures. So now the improved settlements option changes all of the cities on the map, not just the Roman and Greek ones.
    Sweet. I've been feeling an XGM Ptolemy campaign lately.

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

Version 5.9.27 is available. This version adds Suppanut's improved strat map settlements for Barbarian and Eastern cultures. So now the improved settlements option changes all of the cities on the map, not just the Roman and Greek ones.
    Is it save compatible with previous versions (5.9.xx)? I am in the middle of a campaign I don't want to lose. Also I intend to mod the EDU and remove the AP from any javelin unit, because I still believe javelins are way overpowered. I win all the battles (I play H/H) very easily with a lot of thureoforoi and I believe this is not at all correct. The AI armies are annihilated most times only by javelins, even if they are heavy infantry, before even making contact.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

The current version should work with games going back to version 5.9.0. Be careful with the install options; if you change the exe it will kill your game. Loyalty and land bridges may also cause problems. You can check your current install options by looking at [rtw]/xgm/data/xgmversion.txt.

Removing the ap attribute won't cause any problems. I usually play on 2hp where ranged weapons in general are less significant, but I'll have another look at Thureophoroi units.

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

The current version should work with games going back to version 5.9.0. Be careful with the install options; if you change the exe it will kill your game. Loyalty and land bridges may also cause problems. You can check your current install options by looking at [rtw]/xgm/data/xgmversion.txt.

Removing the ap attribute won't cause any problems. I usually play on 2hp where ranged weapons in general are less significant, but I'll have another look at Thureophoroi units.
    Thanks for the reply Dime. Well, I have done the modding with the EDU and I can say I L-O-V-E it. I removed ap attribute from all light javelin troops from every faction (e.g. peltasts, thureoforoi, light cav, everyone that had 8 or above volleys ammunition), but I left heavy infantry with javelins untouched, although I reduced the volleys ammunition from 3 to 2 (e.g. thorakitai, hypaspists, kardakes, legeonaries etc). I also left completely untouched heavy cavalry with javelins.

That way: 1) Light javelins and especially thureoforoi aren't deadly anymore to heavy infantry 2) Battles last longer between infantry, because heavy infantry is not annihilated by javelins 3) Heavy cavalry worth more in comparison with light cavalry, because it has armor piercing javelins, so the difference between them is bigger, 4) Heavy infantry with javelins continues to be heavy, it still has ap javelins, but now has only two volleys, like roman troops with pilums, so it has to fight with physical contact to win, not just throw the javelins.

Finally I added +1 attack and +1 armor to Hypaspists, because they didn't seem a lot like elite troops with the original statistics, they weren't strong enough, but this is strongly subjective and not important in contrast with the javelins matter.

Hey, downloaded the mod but when I run XGM it says I have the wrong version of RTM, so I checked what version I have and it is the correct 1.5 version of the game. Any insight on what might be the problem?

HHECTOR's Avatar Libertus

Hi guys, I look at this mod and look awesome, but I have one "stupid" question. Does current version 5.9. 27 requires older versions 5.9. 28 and 5.9. 27 ?

You only need the one file.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; October 05, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

HHECTOR's Avatar Libertus

You only the one file.
    Thank you

Hi Dime, just some question...Do you think there are some feature in Rome 2 that can be put into XGM?

Sorry for the vague question Dime just that I really like this mod of yours...I've been playing this mod since 2006 and I always check TWC just to see if there are new updates for XGM. You see I like some features in Rome 2 which I wanted to know if its possible to be implemented also in XGM. You see there are still lots of XGM fans out there...

Unfortunately most of the new features will be hard coded, which means it would be impossible to add them to RTW.

t1aro's Avatar Foederatus

Good mod for hotseat, any party once played with friends.

can I get the download link....The one on first page isnt working

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

I think R2TW is a failure. If that opinion is correct then XGM is an unrepeatable classic. Well done again. Still playing. Still enjoying.

Thanks to everyone who has played XGM over the years and contributed in ways large and small. I have stopped gaming completely, so there won't be any further updates to XGM or any new version for R2. The most recent version will still be available for download if anyone is still interested.

Regards, and thanks again,
    DBH

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Congratulations on your retirement (from modding and games it seems), and hope you enjoy whatever else you turn your hand to!

But still, I had a lot of fun playing XGM over the years and its a bit sad to see the end of it.

Thanks for a whole decade of hosting this mod, Dime. I'm still playing it you know! And have fun with real life. I hear it has killer graphics.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

DBH,
    You are a man of few words and great deeds. All the best and thank you.
    Balikedes
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Durnaug View Post
    I think R2TW is a failure. If that opinion is correct then XGM is an unrepeatable classic. Well done again. Still playing. Still enjoying.
    Yeah, at first I tried my best to like Rome Total War II, but it just doesn't give me a right kind of feeling, especially a campaign map with oversized settlements was disappointing. On the other hand I have played many long and cruel campaings with XGM, and no regrets. This is still my favourite mod that I would recommend any player instead of the original Rome Total War vanillla version. Thanx to DBH.