Page 17 of 175 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267117 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

bt1283 - Copy the attached file into your data directory, and try continuing your campaign. Let me know if it fixes the problem.

*attachment removed because it doesn't work*

DimeBagHo - I ran the XGM-MM installer to a folder on desktop then copied descr_strat.txt into the imperial campaign folder. I then put the new file in the data folder, but when I ran the campaign I had the same result. You may tell me i did something wrong, but if I didn't, should the manual copying of descr_strat.txt to the campaign folder prevent this from happening in a new campaign like you said? Thanks for your help.

One more question - How can I modify the victory conditions to where I don't have to take over Rome?

Run the XGM installer again - the "fixed" file I gave you might (small chance) cause problems in a new campaign. Otherwise, if you have the right descr_strat.txt file in place you should have no problems.

You can't really get rid of the Rome victory condition, but you can "move" Rome to a more convenient location. *removed method that does not work*

Ah, too bad. The method I suggested doesn't work. I just tried it out. I think you actually have to move the province of latium, which is much more complicated.

I have uploaded a slightly updated version of XGM 2.1.2. The installers have been altered to force over-write which should solve some of the problems people have been having with XGM-MM.

I have also started work on an idea I had a while back - missions, implemented through the advice system. I plan to start with unique victory conditions for each of the Greek factions. I already have the basic system working so it is mostly a matter of deciding what the victory conditions should be.

Here are some possibilities:
    Greek Cities: Spread Greek culture - build temples of Athena in the settlements at the four corners of the known world (and take 50 provinces along the way).
    Macedon: Re-capture Alexander's Empire.
    Seleucids: Greek lake - capture every province that borders on the Mediteranian Sea.
    Thrace: Civilize the barbarians - capture every barbarian capital, and 50 provinces along the way.

Feel free to suggest other ideas that you think would be more suitable.

I also plan to start work on smaller scale missions, although these might not be ready for XGM 2.2. I'm looking for interesting ideas for missions and rewards. As far as rewards go the possibilities are very flexible: money, units, traits, settlements, diplomatic agreements, buildings, etc.

Epirote

When all this will be ready?
    About new hypaspist or other skins?
    Will they be in the new mod?
    Improved bodyguards or the old one??

The new hypaspist skins are already done (if you mean the ones I did with the heavier armour). The new victory conditions will be done as soon as I decide exactly what they should be :whistle . The bodyguards will be the new ones (Heavy cavalry and Thessalians).

I will probably hold off on releasing a new version until AnastasioTheGreat and meh_cd get done with their stuff.

Epirote

Really guys

Have you incorporated any of my ideas about the hypaspist?
    Mainly about how one should look like.

Epirote - I think that AnastasioTheGreat and meh_cd are working on a skin that is like the one you suggested. If it turns out to be suitable then I will use it for the hypaspists as well. But I won't know about that until the new skins are done.

DimeBagHo - Is there something you did besides modify descr_model_battle.txt and export_descr_unit.txt to get the spear hyspatists to throw javelins? I've put basically the same code in with this new spartan unit i got and they always carry swords or knives as soon as I hit start battle. Also, when they throw their javelins, it shows them as spears.

bt1283 - Yes, you have to change the model (the .CAS file) with 3DSMax. The weapons are included in the model so, if you don't change them, the unit will behave like they have the new weapons but look like they have the old weapons.

Have you guys ever thought about making a Theban Sacred Band, I guess trainable at Athens since they're so close?

Yes, it has been suggested before. Some people didn't like the idea for historical reasons. Thebes was no longer a significant power, and the Sacred Band was long gone, by the time of RTW. That's doesn't bother me so much because the same is more-or-less true of Sparta. Mostly I don't like the idea just because there is no Thebes on the map - it strikes me as a little weird to have the Theban Sacred Band as an Athenian unit.

Still it seems like the idea of adding the Thebans is quite popular, so i wouldn't rule it out. They could be added as a custom battle unit for example.

DimeBagHo - I know this is annoying, but I still can't get the campaign to work with the Imperial Palace. I've gotten the new xgm-mm installer, I've manually replaced that file (I've forgotten the name now) like you told to a while back, and I still can't get it to work with a new campaign. Any suggestions? Thanks.

bt1283 - I'm pretty sure that the cause of the Imperial Palace problem is the conflict between XGM and MM, which should be fixed if XGM-MM is installed correctly. So all I can suggest is doing a fresh install of all the parts and, of course, starting a new campaign (if you continue an old one it will still be bugged, even if all the files are correct).

I don't have time to organise it now, but in a few hours I will post a test descr_strat.txt file which you can use to test your new install - it will allow you to build an imperial place right away so you can see whether everything is working OK.

Wait, I'm not even using the MM map. Does that make a difference?

bt1283 - I take it that you have MM installed, but you are playing the Imerial Campaign (i.e. the vanilla map)? I had a quick look over the files included with Mundus Magnus. As far as I can tell there should be no problem with playing the Imperial Campaign even if you have MM + XGM + XGM-MM installed. But I have never tested the Imperial Campaign with MM installed, so I can't say for sure that it will work.

I still recommend doing a completely fresh install, and starting a new campaign. If you want to play the standard Imperial Campaign then don't install Mundus Magnus. If you want to play Mundus Magnus then let me know and I will whip up that test desc_strat.txt file that I mentioned.

While I was checking to see whether installing Mundus Magnus would cause problems for the Imerial Campaign I did spot another potential problem. Mundus Magnus does not delete map.rwm when it installs. That means that if someone messes up the XGM + MM install procedure, starts a campaign, runs into a problem, and then does the install correctly, they might still run into problems because of the old map.rwm file.

I have put together a new version of the XGM-MM installer that will fix this problem.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. However, all I ever ran was XGM_2_1_2.exe... that doesn't install mundus magnus does it? I have no clue what's going on. Oh yeah, can you make a test txt file for the imperial campaign?