Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

meh_cd - I think they should have a helmet - maybe the type used for heavy peltasts and regular hoplites. The colour scheme should match hoplites and armoured hoplites - unless you can come up with something that (1) fits with the vanilla style but (2) also looks distinctively Athenian.

Leonidas123 - The Skiritai sound interesting. I will have to think about what sort of unit would be suitable.

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@May 16 2005, 09:58 PM
    meh_cd - I think they should have a helmet - maybe the type used for heavy peltasts and regular hoplites. The colour scheme should match hoplites and armoured hoplites - unless you can come up with something that (1) fits with the vanilla style but (2) also looks distinctively Athenian.

Leonidas123 - The Skiritai sound interesting. I will have to think about what sort of unit would be suitable.
    I'll just use that helmet for now. If I can find a good model for a Phrygian helmet around here I'm going to try and make a new Athenian Hoplite too. (Probably won't be able to get the greek A on there though, unless I use Funeral Dress' models - I'll probably stick with the CA ones.)

This is a really cool mod, but I can't get it to work on the campaign map b/c it always crashes. Has anyone else had this problem? I think I did everything the instructions said to do.

bt1283 - Are you using any other mods? Are you trying to use Mundus Magnus? Did you try to start the prologue (it doesn't work - but I think I will make some changes so that it will work in the next version)?

If all you do is:
    1. Install RTW.
    2. Install the 1.2 patch.
    3. Run the XGM installer.
    4. Start the Imperial Campaign.

Then there is not much that can go wrong.

Epirote

If i want to remove a hidden resource so to make Thessalian and Spartan recruitable anywhere where do i go?
    I can`t find the file.

Epirote - You need to edit data/export_descr_buildings.txt. Look for the recruit lines for Spartans and Thessalians and delete the "and hidden_resource sparta/larissa" bit.

Dimebag- can you tell me the file where i can change unit names please?
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by blood and iron."
    -Otto Von Bismarck

Unit names and descriptions are in data/text/export_units.txt. Don't change the stuff in the {} parentheses.

Hey all
    I love the mod. Great idea. Unfortunately, it crashes quite frequently when I end a turn on the strategy map. I followed your instructions-- fresh installation, 1.2 patch, ran executable, and haven't installed any other mods aside from yours. It doesn't always crash, and when I start the game back up i'm able to resume from my autosave, but now that I've gotten further into my game it happens about every other turn. It's not a problem with Rome because this didn't happen before I installed your mod. Is it a bug in the mod, with my computer, or is there something I forgot to do?

Once again, from the little bit I played, I love the changes. I'm glad to finally have a different well-developed civilization to play the game with. I was getting tired of the Romans.

Can someone post some pics. My rome:tw isn't working right now so I cant download it.

Sergei - If you get a CTD, but the game works after a reload, then the problem is usually that the machine is getting overloaded. Are you using the Mundus Magnus map? That seems to put a lot more strain on machines than the original campaign map.

Epirote

Mundus Magnus puts more work to the PC.
    Put all settings to lower resolutions.
    It will work much better.

I deleted by mistake the address of Draksen.
    It was something like Draksen.net .
    Anyone has the address?

Epirote - the address is www.draksen.net but I have been getting a 404 error recently (since last Saturday I think).

Are the skins from hadès in the mod ?
    If not plz ask him to they're awesome!!!

Are the skins from hadès in the mod ?
    If not plz ask him to they're awesome!!!

Fuji - Hades skins are not included, but you can add them yourself. I think there are instructions in the Hades skins thread and, if not, there are instructions in the Articles section.

With XGM I have tried to resist the urge to use non-vanilla skins (even the skins for new units are mostly based on vanilla skins). The reason is that I want to keep a consistent look to the game, and I have no plans for making major changes to the non-Greek factions.

masteradnin - Take a look at the readme if you want to see what some of the new units look like. Unfortunately I don&#39;t have that many screen shots, but here is one I made recently. For some odd reason my Corinthians always act as a magnet for ememy onager fire. :><

I have been thinking about making a new version of the Minimal Greek Mod. The new version will be "more minimal" and I am hoping to make it compatible with existing vanilla saved games (having been at this modding business for a while, I now have a better feel for what breaks saved game compatibility and what doesn&#39;t).

Here is what the new version might look like:
    1. Changes would be made to the GCS only (so the new units for Macedon would be removed).
    2. New naval units would be removed.
    3. Athenian marines might be added.
    4. The improved generals would be removed (the new generals are one of the major sources of compatibility conflicts).
    5. Some community bug fixes added.
    6. The "all factions playable" stuff would be removed.

Any other ideas, or objections?

I&#39;m not using the Mundus Magnus map. I&#39;m playing the Imperial Campaign map, which is why it shouldn&#39;t be overloading, especially not on the strategy map screen. I&#39;ve played through the imperial campaign map before installing the mod and it never crashed

Sergei - There are a few other things that might put a little more strain on machines - mostly the result of not repacking data files - but they should not make all that much difference. All I can suggest is turning down the settings for the strat map.

Is there anything consistent about when the crashes occur? A particular faction maybe? Or a date?