Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Could you post a link to the other mod. I'll take a look and see if there is a conflict. I'm 99% sure that there is, because the files you need to change, to make all factions playable, overlap with XGM files.

Which settlements were involved?

Heres the link to the Mod I used :

click here

I tried advancing with both Syracuse and Sparta , both times I got the Defeated screen.

The only obvious conflict I can see is that the descr_strat.txt file in that mod gives starting Greek generals the vanilla general unit, rather than the modified unit used in XGM. No surprise there - and that might be the cause of the CTD. I will have to do some testing to see if that is the source of the problem. I'll get back to you when I know more.

Do you have a saved game file from just before the crash? That might be handy as well.

Spartans (should be final). Decided to go sideways, but I can change it back easily.

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@Apr 24 2005, 06:47 PM
    The only obvious conflict I can see is that the descr_strat.txt file in that mod gives starting Greek generals the vanilla general unit, rather than the modified unit used in XGM. No surprise there - and that might be the cause of the CTD. I will have to do some testing to see if that is the source of the problem. I'll get back to you when I know more.

Do you have a saved game file from just before the crash? That might be handy as well.
    I'll email you a quicksave (Syracuse is ready to advance) it wont let me attach the save file here.

How would I resolve that problem you mentioned before , just incase thats the cause

edit: could you pm me your email address please

pps: I havent got that vanilla mod installed ? (probably out of context but your post has confused me lol) N00B <<

any progess ? , im dieing to carry on this campaign lol.

crumpetsym - I have been doing a bit of testing, and so far I haven&#39;t managed to reproduce this probem. Which is good, because it looks lile it is not a problem with XGM, but bad because if I can&#39;t locate the exact cause I can&#39;t figure out how to fix your campaign. Check your PM&#39;s - maybe the saved game file will help.

BTW - vanilla just means unmodified. In XGM the Greek factions don&#39;t use the normal Greek general units, but the mod you were using gave the normal units to the starting generals. I still think that is the cause of the problem, but I haven&#39;t been able to confirm it in testing.

meh_cd - New version looks great. The next release should be out in a couple of days, do you think you will have these Spartans ready by then?

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@Apr 25 2005, 06:22 PM
    meh_cd - New version looks great. The next release should be out in a couple of days, do you think you will have these Spartans ready by then?
    Yeah, I&#39;ll do the LOD models right now. Nothing else to do.

Here ya go, everything should be in fine working order.

I can make some sprites later if we need them.

Finally got around to testing them. It looks like the mapping on the medium detail model has a problem - the top half of the shield turns invisible.

Also is there any chance of giving them a regular sized shield? I know the hoplite shield *should* be bigger, but I&#39;d like to keep that sort of thing consistent with the way it is in vanilla. Either that or change it for all hoplite units and, fix the spears-through-the-shield problem.

Campidoctor

Hey, great mod. I just had a few questions to change a few stuff back for my personal tastes, if anyone could help out.
    • How can I take out the Greek unit names
    • How can I make Spartans recruitable in Syracuse again
    • How can I access the unit descriptions to change a few spelling errors and such

How can I take out the Greek unit names? You need to edit Data/text/export_units.txt. Just delete the Greek part of the unit names.

How can I make Spartans recruitable in Syracuse again? You need to edit Data&#092;world&#092;maps&#092;base&#092;descr_regions.txt. Find the section for syracuse and add "sparta" to the list of resources. This won&#39;t take effect unless you delete map.rwn from the base and imperial campaign folders.

How can I access the unit descriptions to change a few spelling errors and such? Tell me where they are and I&#39;ll fix them. :blush

Campidoctor

Thank you kindly.

As for the spelling errors, in the description for Krypteia, opperating should be operating. Also in the description is says "Originally the krypteia were or bands of Spartan youths". The or shouldn&#39;t be there I assume. murdereding should be murdering. In the Corinthian Hypaspists description, supurb in both descriptions should be superb. In the Thessalian Cavalry description, manoeuvre should be maneuver (although I think your way is the British way, so matter of preference). I also took out some commas and stuff I thought were extra. I can post up the file if you&#39;d like, but I don&#39;t know how. So if you want you can tell me.

Btw, this is a really, really great mod. I had tried to start a Greek campaign so many times, but always backed out after a while because something just wasn&#39;t right or enough. But this is really great. And the little touches of slower speeds, kill rates, etc. are great too. Thanks for the release&#33;

Campidoctor

Is there anything I have to put in if I take out map.rwn? Everything will work fine if I just delete that without anything else?

Campidoctor

Damn and also, are there any other Greek names for things besides units I haven&#39;t come across yet perhaps? Like events or buildings or anything?

Campidoctor

Ah, I found something. The faction names in the custom battle setup screen. Where can I access that file?

Damn, I must have been drunk when I wrote that description for the Krypteia.

The map.rwn file will be re-generated if it is missing, so deleting it is not a problem. You can find the faction names in Data&#092;text&#092;shared.txt. I think that is all the Greek, but I didn&#39;t do the translations so I can&#39;t swear to that.

I can post up the file if you&#39;d like, but I don&#39;t know how. So if you want you can tell me.
    You can attach files to messages here. When you write a message the file attachment bit is just below the box where you write the text. Just hit browse and find the file you want to send.

I&#39;m glad you like the mod, and thanks for catching those spelling errors.

XGM version 2.1 is out.

The major changes for XGM 2.1 are:
    -Re-organised temples.
    -Added new high level naval units.
    -New units now have correct voices.
    -Added Thracian Noble Cavalry.
    -Added Scorpions for the Greek Cities.
    -Included all community bug fixes.
    -Weather should be a little more interesting.

You can download XGM 2.1 here.

You can download MGM 2.0 here.

Here&#39;s the new screenshot that I&#39;m using for advertising.

Campidoctor

Thanks a bunch DimeBag.

Here is the text file I edited in case anybody else doesn&#39;t want the Greek names shown as well. It also has the spelling corrections.

Campidoctor

Hmm... the text file doesn&#39;t look right...

Anyhoo, DimeBag is there a comprehensive list of all the community bug fixes in 2.1?