Page 7 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Version 1.3.2 has been updated to 1.3.3 to fix some missing unit-info cards for new Macedonian and Seleucid siege weapons. You can install this over older versions of 1.3 if you already have them. Saved games should be fine.

Is it possible to put in other Roman and Carthaginian skins whitout disturbing this mod?

If all you do is replace existing skins with new ones, it should work fine.

Anyone got some suggestions of good roman and carthaginian skins?

DimeBagHo,

I just wanted to commend you on a nice piece of work. I have installed a number of mods and I thought I'd never play vanilla again but after I tried your mod I must say that I'm back to vanilla. I always loved playing as Greece but now it's much more fun with the great new units and skins. Great job!

One question that I have though is the Spartan skin, it seems to have been left the same as in the original vanilla version, will you be changing it at any point? I always hated the vanilla skin.

Cheers!

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Ave DimeBagHo!
    I will be very grateful to you if you could release also the newest versions of your relatively complex mod (as for number of modified files) in a "developer version" like the earliest versions of your mod. I think that to offer this great mod only in the installation exe pack is a bit inflexible (while an easy way to offer a product only "as is" with an limited possibility of any other modifications). Personally I would like to keep also a freedom of choosing to implement only some of interesting features of your Greek modifications and to do it in a way that do not destruct all my previous installed modifications. I hope and think that it could be possible - certainly only for personal use of new modifications of your work. Thanks for your effort to create this Hellenic mod.
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

@DEMETRIOUS II - I'm glad you like the mod Demetrious. I hate the vanilla Spartan skins as well. Sometime soon I will replace it with a version of the skin that meh_cd contributed (you can see it further back in this thread). The only thing holding this up is that there are a lot of other planned changes with higher priority.

@Sinuhet - When you run the installer click on "browse" and change the install directory to something like "desktop" (or any other convenient location). It will make a data directory with just the mod files in it.

If you know how to change around skins/models you can add my Spartans yourself, too.

Oh, and I've made a few changes to the model (sword that isn't paper thin and the longer pike, I'll upload it later)

This is for DimeBag.

Dimebag, this mod is brilliant! I have just downloaded it, and, unlike i was told, it doesn't not allow you to play previously saved campaigns! It's excellent! Now I won't have a load of whinging kids all around me, they're addicted to this game.
    Thanks a lot.

Another for DimeBag.

I was thinking about the possibility of a temple of Poseidon in the XGM (the poor Seleucids only have 3 temples...), or any other similar mod, so I decided to make a couple of ships available to Greeks in such a case. The Syracusan Quinquireme already exists within the MGM, but it is recruitable only in Syracuse. So, for an awesome temple of Poseidon, I made the appropriate cards for an heptere (not a lot of artistic innovation – I used the same trick the devs used to draw the info card for triremes – added another mast to the quinquireme). For the pantheon, I changed the colors of deceres to the brown ones used in all non-Roman factions, so it can be employed by the Greeks (decere is a Greek name, after all). I also plan to create a card for an eikosere – a flagship twice as big as a decere, but that will require some work. It would possibly be recruitable only in certain provinces (e.g. Syracuse and Alexandria) and take 4-6 turns to train.

If you’re interested to learn more about the ship types used by Hellenistic factions, have a look at these two links.

http://www.rodlangton.com/ancient/desc.htm

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/GiantShips.htm

The cards for the heptere and decere, as well as stats and description for the heptere are here:

These look great Seleucos. I think it would be good if all of the Greek factions could build your new naval units, so perhaps they should be asociated with something other than a temple. But maybe we should also think about a small reorganisation of the temples. There are twelve main Greek gods, and three main Greek factions, so perhaps we should organise temples for all of the gods and split them between the factions.

Hmm... There were the 12 major gods, but at that time there were other very interesting and prominent gods not in the original list. If we accept that Hestia gave up her place to Dionysus, that still leaves out Asclepios, Nike, Heracles, Tyche and others. Of course if we give 4 gods to each of the 3 Greek factions, that leaves Thrace, so there’s more flexibility there. Thrace should definitely get Ares (he wasn’t very popular with proper Greeks). We should have a specialized thread about this at draksen.net and organize the list. It’s 2:15 here in Athens, so I’ll sleep on it.

I’ve experimented with giving 2 building requirements for units (e.g. dockyard and foundry), but with negative results so far. I guess we can work something out in the reorganization of temples so that all Greek factions can have advanced naval unit types.

@ben331 - I'm glad the saved games are working, but don't depend on it too much. Even if it seems to work at first you may encounter problems (i.e. CTD's) later.

Those spartan skins look good just add on a crimson cloak for historical accuracy.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by blood and iron."
    -Otto Von Bismarck

MGM has undergone a major change, it is now split into two mods. From version 2.0 onwards MGM will be "more minimal". It will include most of the new units, and very little else. All of the other changes, and the lastest new units will be included in the "less minimal" XGM - Extended Greek Mod.

The major changes for XGM 2.0 are:
    -Added Greek unit names.
    -Added non-mercenary Cretan Archers to Macedon.
    -Added non-mecenary Illyrians to Macedon and Thrace.
    -Increased javelin range, and added armour piercing attribute.
    -Small moral increase for all units.
    -Small movement decrease for all units.
    -Small lethality decrease for all units.

The major Changes for MGM 2.0 are:
    -Removed many building changes.
    -Removed all character trait changes.
    -Restored the ability of Greek factions to hold horse races.

You can download XGM 2.0 here.

You can download MGM 2.0 here.

Originally posted by Leonidas123@Apr 14 2005, 05:48 AM
    Those spartan skins look good just add on a crimson cloak for historical accuracy.
    I don't have a cloak on because afaik they took it off prior to battle.

Hello

Nice work once more. I like it a lot.

I woulk like to make some modification to MGM_2_0 for personal use.
    Can you help me?

To make Spartan recruitable in Syracuse again, and how to make them recruitable in some other city. I want to learn the procedure.

The major Changes for MGM 2.0 are:
    -Removed many building changes.
    -Removed all character trait changes.

Can you be more specific? about building changes? about trait changes?

To make Spartan recruitable in Syracuse again, and how to make them recruitable in some other city. I want to learn the procedure.
    You need to edit Data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt. Find the province you want to add Spartans to, and then just add "sparta" to the list of resources for that province. You can take a look at the entry for peloponesus for an example. Changes will not take effect unless you delete map.rwn, and changes will not affect saved games.

If you want Spartans everywhere then just remove the "requires hidden_resource sparta" bit from export_descr_units.txt.
    Can you be more specific? about building changes? about trait changes?
    MGM no longer makes any changes to character traits - no bug fixes, no spartan, epicurean, or stoic traits. As for buildings there may be some changes remaining, and horse races were restored to Greek factions, but the main change is that the drama contests were removed.

Glad you liked the new version. You might be interested to know that we are re-working temples for XGM 2.1 - so all of the Olympian gods, and a few minor ones, will now be available to the Greek factions.

Excellent Mod, folks, congrats. I am playing with this now, but I have a rather annoying problem.

I've started three campaigns with it (VH-VH of course with the ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΣΥΜΠΟΛΙΤΕΙΑ) and I was proceeding nicely, but all of them at a point (one around 233 BC and the other two around 215 BC) came up with the loss msg while my provinces turned out grey on the map. I was actually doing rather well, and I had plenty of heirs so what happened?

It happened three times in a row, so it can't be any sorts of coincidence.

Thank you!

Winner of the - once upon a time - least popular TWC
    TOPIC award

Υπό την αιγίδα του Tacticalwithdrawal
    under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal

Naughty bros: Red Baron and Polemides