Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

No, that shouldn't happen. Something is going wrong with the mercenary pool.

Are you using any other mods, or an old save file? Anyone else seeing this?

Did you start the campaign with 2.1 or did you start fresh with 2.1.1?

that has happened with me too. and yes, i did start the campaign with 2.1, is that what is making it happen?

I think the problem is caused by the addition of the new "hoplite spartan xgm" unit (I added the new unit to make the easy skin swaps possible). It should not be a problem if you start fresh with version 2.1.1.

If you started with version 2.1 and you don't want to restart you can either ignore the problem, or try this fix:

(1) Edit data/export_desc_units.txt. Find the section for "hoplite spartan xgm", cut the section and then paste it back in at the very end of the file.
    (2) Edit data/export_descr_units_enums.txt. Find the three lines for "hoplite spartan xgm", cut all three lines and then paste them back in at the very end of the file.

If anyone tries this, let me know how it goes.

Dennis - DBH thanks a bunch for the fix. I am going to apply the changes right now and start a new campaign... when is the next version of XGM coming out? and could you please make a Mundus Magnus enabled version to go with the standard map version when it is ready? :grin

Winner of the - once upon a time - least popular TWC
    TOPIC award

Υπό την αιγίδα του Tacticalwithdrawal
    under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal

Naughty bros: Red Baron and Polemides

Rosacrux redux - if you start a new campaign you won't need the fix for the mercenary problem, but if you use the file from Dennis II, you will also need to make the changes to descr_strat.txt that I mentioned above.

When I get back in a few days I will probably release another small update which will include the files needed for Mundus Magnus, and some more Spartan skins. The next major release will take a while - it might include a new provincial campaign, and some scripted missions.

here's the other file you need for Mundus Magnus. i forgot about it. everything should be fine now. i'm 30 years in to my game and no issues.

Dennis, I am afraid after copying your descr_strat file the campaign doesn't start. Must be some typo or something.

I had started a campaign with just a correct descr_strat file (the changes DBH suggested) and your descr_regions and it worked fine (I am now about 30 years into the campaign) with an exception: Sparta couldn't train Spartan hoplites, Rhodes couldn't train slingers and Kydonia Cretan archers.

Probably the hidden resources are missing or whatever... any ideas?

TOPIC award

something not right. mine works fine. i had a fresh install than the patch put in the new map and than added 2.1.1 xmg and last added the modified region and strat texts. try doing it like that it should work.

:sad
    Fresh install, 1.2 patch, Mundus Magnus, XGM 2.1.1, modified desc_strat and descr_regions.

Result: The MM campaign won't start. After I select the faction, it pops me back to the provincial campaign screen.

SOS! :crying

TOPIC award

strange????? it works for me. i can't figure it out. i guess wait for DimeBagHo update. he said that map will be with it. try deleteing map.rmw if theirs one in the campain folder.
    put the show_err command and then press ctrl f4 it should tell you wants not done right when you try playing the campagn again. see how that works

Campidoctor

DimeBag, could you please upload and post any files that have to do with the formation changes you've made? I want to implement them with the SPQR mod I'm trying out. You're formations were absolutely perfect.

Wonderland - I will post the files when I get back into town. The changes I made were quite minor. I changed the priority of the AI single line formation, and removed gaps from the AI phalanx formation, and the player single line formation (reduced spacing to 0.5). I think that's about it. Works nicely for Greek factions, but doesn't do a whole lot for non-phalanx armies.

Oh, and I also removed officers from all phalanx units.

Dennis, hi, made it work correctly. I am wondering how it works for you, since the error was the addition of the word "new" in a couple of units (bodyguards, biremes namely) in your descr_strat file. I just deleted the "new" addition to make it identical to the unit name (as found in the export_descr_unit file) and it works.

I still don't know if I'll be able to recruit the new units in their correct provinces... well, I am about to find out...

TOPIC award

sorry Rosacrux redux. i don't know why i put new on all those but i fixed it and tested it. let me know how it works. oh yeah i used the ca new spartans that DimeBagHo provided in the greek xgm 2.1.1 zip. i don't know if it makes a differnce but it might

If you use the "make RTW harder" tool it makes a whole bunch of "new" units so that bonuses can be applied to the units used by AI factions. For example, the "greek militia hoplite" unit is used by all Greek factions, so if you play a Greek faction the tool creates a new unit called "greek militia hoplite new", and just applies the bonuses to the version used by AI factions.

so thats how that happened! never thought of that. well i didn't use that program this time so my attachments will work fine. DimeBagHo thanks

Hello all

<<Xristos Anesth>> to all Orthodox Christian

I was away this Easter for holidays in Epirus. :lol

DimeBagHo
    How are you?
    I just checked the new Spartan skin. Very promising. Nice job. But why isn`t based on the Red color??? It would be more realistic.
    I lost some episodes this days :grin . So any new mod for Greek factions?any new skin?
    What about draksen.net? any progres there for the diadochi mod?

The V2.1.1 is a delight. It the only reason I kepp playing RTW.

I would only like to point some things as i do not know how to use 3dmax to create a proper skin.

The phalanx soldiery have rediculus small shield. It makes no sense. They look bad. :lame
    I would suggest a shield a bit smaller than the hoplite shield.
    The old shield of Macedonian hypaspist to the new Macedonian Royal Guard(which in V2.1.1 have become Argyraspidhes).

Since XGM came out i have playing only Greek Cities and only recently for the first time the Macedon Faction which was very fun :w00t . First time I played a Vanilla non-playable faction and that thanks to V2.1.1 :grin . I have only played Vanilla playable Greek and Romans( No Gauls, Germans, Egyptians.....). Something has to be done about the Seleucid. I hope the new XGM if there is going to be any will also enrich the Seleucid. It is a Greek Mod after all *wink* .