Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

The added game-play features you mention would make it a worthwhile venture. As to bringing the other Greek factions in line with the changes to the GCS, I’ve already drawn the unit and unit-info cards for Macedonian war elephants. I don’t know whether they already exist on some other mod (perhaps the same source you used for the GCS elephant units), but I could upload them and work on the other two elephant units if they don’t.

What's the deal with 'provincial' campaigns? Is there an option to add more campaigns other than Sons of Mars and the Imperial one? I'd really like to know, because I have experimented with creating new maps and once tried, unsuccessfully, to create my own small campaign, in place of the Sons of Mars.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Seleucos - if you feel inclined to do some more artwork, an event image for a message from the Delphi Oracle would be very handy.

What's the deal with 'provincial' campaigns? Is there an option to add more campaigns other than Sons of Mars and the Imperial one? I'd really like to know, because I have experimented with creating new maps and once tried, unsuccessfully, to create my own small campaign, in place of the Sons of Mars.
    Yes, you can add extra campaigns. If they are present then a "Provincial Campaign" option shows up on the main menu that allows you to choose from the list of campaigns available. I haven't done it yet so I don't know the exact details of what has to go into the campaign folder. Making a new map is relatively complicated, but there is a map editor you can download here: http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=433.

Those unit cards would also be very handy.

I'm on it! It could take a while, though.

In the mean time, here are the unit cards for Macedonian War Elephants.

I have ideas and can help (for the bigger project)
    at least, be my guest all: Draksen.net
    I already host a forum for the mod: let's use it as "development center" !? :cool
    Ceci est une signature

I wanted to try out the Hellenic Empire mod so i could compare it to MGM. i did a new installation and installed the mod. I must say after playing both MGM and Hellenic Empire that MGM is much better. Keep going Dimebag, because as far as I know you have made the best greek mod so far in this game.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by blood and iron."
    -Otto Von Bismarck

Note: I dont "not like" Hellenic Empire i just think that MGM is better so please dont get pissed.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by blood and iron."
    -Otto Von Bismarck

Originally posted by Leonidas123@Apr 3 2005, 12:19 PM
    Note: I dont "not like" Hellenic Empire i just think that MGM is better so please dont get pissed.
    np mate, and I feel exactly the same, even if I am the creator of the Hellenic Empire mod :whistle hehehe

That's why I suggested to create ONE big greek mod using the MGM. In one work: redo the Hellenic Mod into somehting better with better textures...
    It's possible and not so difficult.
    We can use the forum at draksen.net as "working place"

Ah btw, DimeBagHo question:
    I downloaded the mod 2 or 3 days ago and it seems that there are a lot of MGM 1.2 ... which one is the good one? I mean: how can I know that I have the latest one?
    (I checked, I have sprites in the mod... is it the latest one?)
    Ceci est une signature

I didnt mean to get u mad man. I like Hellenic Empire dont get me wrong, i just like MGM more. You and Dimebag should pool your resources to make the Major Greek Mod.
    -Otto Von Bismarck

Drakon - if you download V1.2 from TWC now it will be the latest one (I replaced the older versions so they are no longer available). The updated version of V1.2 should work fine if you just install it over an earlier version of V1.2. But if you have already started a campaign your starting generals will be stuck with the old bodyguard units.

In the latest version:
    the early gen bodyguard are heavy cav (macedonian cav modle?) right?
    and the late ones are companion cav right?
    Ceci est une signature

"the early gen bodyguard are heavy cav (macedonian cav modle?) right? and the late ones are companion cav right?"

Yep.

thx mate

or.. it could have been even easier: check the creation date/time of the installer.
    Mine is March the 31st at 9:16pm

I guess it's up to date then ?!
    Ceci est une signature

Yes, I think that is the latest version.

when is the greek stealth unit going to be ready dimebag?
    -Otto Von Bismarck

The model is done, but the skin will have to wait until I get Photoshop CS. I'm using elements at the moment and that can't handle alpha layers. Hasn't been an issue until now, but I need it for this skin.

A bunch of other things need doing for V1.3 as well. The Macedon and Seleucid factions are going to see some changes to bring them into line with the changes to GCS. Hopefully it will all be done in a few days.

DimeBag, I'd like to offer you the use of this new Hoplite I recently finished. I myself use it for the Spartans (as you can see by the Lambda.)

Credit for the texture goes to the various artists of the community with me kitbashing various pieces - but the lambda shield is webbird's.

I prefer Spartans of this type rather than the flashy ones with red robes. I also tried to make it similar to the Spartans seen in the pics during the campaign and one of the original trailers.

If you are interested contact me by PM.

The render would look beter if you applied the alpha, but besides that great job.

Nice skin med_cd. Check your PM's.

For the plume you mean? Yeah, I don't know why I didn't do it this time, normally it just applies it automatically.

Just to make sure credit is given where it is due: The shield and helmet colors are courtesy of webbird, and the plume courtesy of ATG from way back when. I don't think they will mind, but if you want to ask beforehand sure. People have used my stuff before without asking (which is surprising since much of the stuff I made was junk) and I wasn't upset.

Here you go. Maybe ---Spartan--- can tweak it - he's pretty good at making units. :p

New Macedonian hypaspists: