Thread: Roman CG proposal (revoked)

Senator

Default Roman CG proposal (revoked)

Right this is just an idea, having played Yats (you are the senate) which is a really simple rpg which makes it great but it's problem is activty but looks like its picking up now, anyway i want to make one like it except i will be using a family system, there is three big families and individual families so at the start you either start off as one them four

indivdal families/gens aims: the aim of the game for you is to get into the big families or become one yourselves (if we have enough activity) you will have to work hard because you will have a very hard time getting into any position of power because people will be voting for there own families

families aims:to rule the senate so you must adopt suitiable people into your family. (this bit will sort of work like citzens here) if you choose a person you think is suitable you and the person will write something about the person to the family leader saying why he should e.g. his ambitions, hobbies, for war or against and pleb or not, if the leader agrees then the rest of the family will vote. but the problem is once the family gets too big it will be harder to get everyone to agree on stuff

thoughts?
    Last edited by Mr.Jack; November 08, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

Default Re: Wip: new roman rpg

Hi Jack Marsh and welcome to the CG forum.

Your family idea is nice, but as you probably know, there are already 2 Roman RPGs, and I don't know whether there would be interest for a third. Consider that TFT's Roman campaign was stuck for weeks, even though we did everything in our powers to get it rollin', even placed a front-page ad.

I'd advise you to try something else, say a greek or an Egyptian RPG, something unique, unprecedented.

But I'll leave this to Winter, he's the expert.

Senator

eh thats what i thought but if it dosen't work oh well, it was worth a try, anyway ins't imperiam dead? that game was too complicated, anyway i going to give this a try.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Your idea seems like YATS with a family system attached. However, I have never discouraged and have even sometimes supported patronage arrangements such as this in yats.

The extent to which you take this however is rather odd. It seems like families will be voting on things in the manner of a political party, whereas in Rome the family would be totally subservient to the pater familias. If he wanted to adopt someone he would do it, no one had any say. It was all part of the Patria Potestas, or the father's power, that technically allowed him to kill his children and his wife should he feel the need, so long as elders in his gens agreed. The voting system seems a bit odd in this respect, however it would be your game so I guess it's your choice.

I'm not going to approve this though, because the Roman theme would be far too similar to Yats and Imperium, and as I have stated you can do things like this in Yats already.

Perhaps a Ptolemaic, Greek, or Seleucid game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Senator

i didn't want it that historical just wanted it to be fun. i guess i will look at other factions then.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Well like I said it would be your game, you can do what you want, it's just that the Roman theme is too similar to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Senator

tbh i don't care if there is already two, i am going to make this one about becaus ei don't know anything about any other factions, unless someone else has an idea. i am giong to make this.

Icon1 Re: Wip: new roman rpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Marsh View Post
    tbh i don't care if there is already two, i am going to make this one about becaus ei don't know anything about any other factions, unless someone else has an idea. i am giong to make this.

How and when can you request an own subforum for a community game?

Have at least a 1-week old thread, that contains all the necessary information for the start in the OP:
    • well thought-out, viable, detailed and original game proposal: how would this game work, what kind of mod are you using, what are the exact rules, what are the original ideas, etc.
    • detailed subfora structure
    • a list of active, committed members who are ready and willing to play the game (min. number is 5)
    • a list of recommended local moderators, who don't have any active infraction points (min. number is 2)

If you meet these requirements, post your proposal here.

Default Re: forget it :(

hey your idea loooks good

if you work it out a little more, it could maybe become something

and a great way to deal with activity!!

because your non-active members will stay low in rank, and the active members will go up
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Valerius Tiberius View Post
    hey your idea loooks good

if you work it out a little more, it could maybe become something

and a great way to deal with activity!!

because your non-active members will stay low in rank, and the active members will go up
    thanks for your words, i woul sort it out but i don't have the time. to do it. i would need a couple of people to help

cheers

Thread closed on request.