Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RS 1.6a] My EDU - 3x Costs, 2x Maintenance for Units

Default Re: My EDU - 3x Costs, 2x Maintenance for Units

I've just updated these files for RS 1.6a for anyone who wants them. I made the new ones from a fresh RS 1.6a EDU file because the EDU has undergone a number of changes since 1.5b (stat changes, price changes, etc). I took the stock 1.6a file and adjusted recruitment and upkeep costs accordingly, one for 2x,2x and one for 3x,2x same as TS's original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilorius Coilean Hibernus View Post
    I've just updated these files for RS 1.6a for anyone who wants them. I made the new ones from a fresh RS 1.6a EDU file because the EDU has undergone a number of changes since 1.5b (stat changes, price changes, etc). I took the stock 1.6a file and adjusted recruitment and upkeep costs accordingly, one for 2x,2x and one for 3x,2x same as TS's original idea.
    Thanks mate. I was wondering if the old-original version would work with 1.6a. But you solved my problem.
    I'm sittin' here completely surrounded by no beer.

Recon5000's Avatar Civis

Many thanks to Tilorius for the updated EDU.

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Anyone tried it with 1 turn? If so, does it work out?

Default Re: [RS 1.6a] My EDU - 3x Costs, 2x Maintenance for Units

hey, great sub-mod!
    I too suffer from boredom around 530 AUC, too many 'epic' battles takes away the whole idea of it being 'epic' so i thought i might give this a try, while we all wait for RS2

I was on 0-turn recruitment so i needed to get my game back to 1-turn while implementing this mod, so i got this file 2x_2x and renamed it to just export_desc_unit.txt
    put that file in my 1 turn recruitment folder in important_stuff (backing things up first, ofc) and then pasted both files in that folder into my data folder

it seems to work because all costs are doubled in my new campaign and it seems to take 1 turn to recruit units.
    obviously, the EDU shows unit time as 0, because this mod is for 0-turn but it still works as far as i can see

there is only one problem: starting turn for Rome shows -15k per turn, after disbanding one of three starting legions and building forge temples at Arretium and Capua, and academy in Rome, still -9k per turn.
    taking some combat losses and capturing Cannae, still -5k per turn
    how does one ever get one's economy off the ground? i cheated 20k into my coffers just to build a few economic things but Rome shows -8k, most other cities show around -2k and only arretium and capua are making money, but only just

I remember from the last time i played 1-turn that the economy is always slow to kick off but i don't see how the game can be played without cheating for the first 10 turns. unless you immediately take and plunder all around you, you'll be at -100.000 by turn 10. surely, that can't be right

what is different in the files which makes it so that the economy is so much better on 0-turn recruitment than 1-turn recruitment? and what would i need to fiddle with to have this little mod work on 1-turn recruitment without losing 15k per turn right off the bat?
    thanks

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Seeing as RS2 is coming out soon. Will you submod RS2 like this as well?

I think 1.5x and 2.0x would be good options to give.

something which kills me is that garrisons are also 3x
    the 3x 3x file gives you -15k a turn in the early game, almost impossible to get out because you can't build anything to improve your economy when the treasury reads -30k around turn 3

as basic firefighters and peacekeepers they should be more affordable, it's just the stacks which should eat money (not for realism, just for gameplay)

so much for my feedback

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123