Thread: (FO3; Spoilers!) Need help with history of Rivet City

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Default (FO3; Spoilers!) Need help with history of Rivet City

Greetings,

Somehow I can't get the optional part of this mission for Moira's book. I've been over to Pinkerton already, since many conversations pointed at him, but he keeps yelling at me he has no time for that.
    He's not willing to tell me anything, and I can't access his terminal, since a key is required, which is nowhere to get.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
    -Der Ketzerfreund.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: (FO3; Spoilers!) Need help with history of Rivet City

Mmm... you can access his terminal if you did "Replicated Man" quest; but he should tell you the history anyway so I guess that is a bug...

Does the terminal contain anything about the history anyway, or is it only about "Replicated Man"?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I cannot remember clearly... But it should only contain things about Replicated Man...

Edit: By the way, I help you check out the Wiki and find out you actually need to talk to Bannon before you can talk to Pinkerton.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; November 07, 2008 at 09:29 PM.

Does the terminal contain anything about the history anyway, or is it only about "Replicated Man"?
    Yeah it does. But its kind of vague. It might be possible to just kill pinkerton for the key to the terminal.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Finally I was able to fulfill the quest. I had to talk to Seagrave (or something like that; the trash trader guy with the stupid helmet ) about who could know more about the history of Rivet City, like I had with so many others, too.
    Only then the dialogue option which made Pinkterton give me the notes came up.

On a sidenote: Can anyone remember where that lab gear for mixing mulerat meat with glue is situated again? I had collected large amounts of both in my fridge in Megaton, but now that I want to get rid of it, I can't remember where I could mix the stuff. It's in a small room besides some subway tracks if I remember correctly, but there are just so many of these... :hmmm:

-Der Ketzerfreund.

: Can anyone remember where that lab gear for mixing mulerat meat with glue is situated again? I had collected large amounts of both in my fridge in Megaton, but now that I want to get rid of it, I can't remember where I could mix the stuff. It's in a small room besides some subway tracks if I remember correctly, but there are just so many of these...
    I think its the jury street station. If memory serves anyway.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

It does. Thank you.