Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Republic of Carthage - XGM Diadochi AAR

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default The Republic of Carthage - XGM Diadochi AAR

Welcome to my AAR
    Before I start out, first a litte introduction.

Introduction
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My name is Roger (Gargantua being my nickname). After my "Kingdom of Epirus" campaign which I had to end because of too many bugs and errors in the mod, Redfox (creator of XGM Diadochi) released several new updates and patches. Because of this, I decided to give up on my Epirus AAR (although I tried to save it with lots of solutions but none worked out ) and start a fresh new one with Carthage as chosen faction.

Motivations
    1) Give RedFox some feedback and credit back on his own mod. So this AAR is meant to honor his work and dedication.
    2) Helping RedFox finding bugs/errors/CTD's. Since XGM-Diadochi is a Beta.......it can crash in future and so interrupting my AAR. We'll just see how it goes, yeah. But with these latest patches and updates, the CTD's ( Crash To Desktop ) will be a lot less.
    3) I've never played Carthage! It includes great models made by Maraxus! Good way to honor his models in this AAR aswell.

How does my AAR work?
    1) I put all the updates in SPOILER boxes. So you can scroll much easier through all posts.
    2) I make screenshots with Fraps and edit them later in Photoshop
    3) Each update contains a little content at start, telling whats in the update and what you can expect. So you get a clear view whats in the update and if it interests you enough.
    4) English is not my primary language, if there's mistakes in grammar or anything else.....I am sorry, I do my best. Dont try to offer help, I simply wont accept it. I like working on my AAR, but its not like im going to publish it as a book. So helping me out by correcting my lines is not important at all.
    5) I am NOT much of a great story teller. My AAR will basically exist out of images of battles and some of the campaign map (finance stuff / regions). See my AAR more as a simple journal through the campaign. So because I lack in telling and writing great text, I hope to make this up by making some great screenshots. Well, time will tell. So here we go!

PART I

PART I
    The Republic of Carthage

Game: Rome Total War
    Mod: XGM Diadochi ( eXtended Greek Mod )
    Difficulty: Hard / Hard
    Personal campaign goal: Conquer west-africa, Iberia, Italy and Greece ---> Then my AAR is completed.

Contents of update
    * The Republic of Carthage
    * Battle of Cirta

The Republic of Carthage
    This is the republic of Carthage, lead by General Hanno. Our republic dominates the southern waters of the mediterrean and its many vital islands. Our lands stretched across half Africa till Iberia. This is mighty Carthage!!

At 279 B.C. the Greeks became united by great acts of diplomacy. The Greeks are powerful when they are united as one. But how long could they bare each other?

A season passed by....
    Our republic is well funded, money never seemed a problem.

Our diplomats met Pyyrhos of Epiros, a great king from the Kingdom of Epiros. Western Greeks.....very powerful.....
    Our diplomats offered trade rights, map information and even an alliance between our two great nations.

At least we have one Greek nation at our side now! Maybe the rest will co-operate nicely too? We would hate to see them all being destroyed....

But as time flows like a river, the Greeks couldnt stand each other anymore and a new Hellenistic war broke out! Disorder and mayhem.....

As the season passed by, General Hanno sailed to the rebellic village of Cirta ( West-Africa ). The he would start to forge Africa into one united Carthaginian Republic.

Battle of Cirta

The General's bodyguard moved slowly towards the gate.
    Hanno: "Open those gates, men!! This is the start of one united Carthage!!"

The gate ram and the elephant unit were making holes in the weak fences of the African rebels as they were ordered to do so.

The elephant was rather quick, the beast quickly devastated the wooden fence. It was time to march in!

General Hanno went in as first and was immediately greeted by weak Horse skirmishers. The battle didn't lasted long and soon they were defeated.

The Liby-Phoenician Pikemen marched to the city square. This small town now belonged to Carthage but the remaining rebels just didn't seem to understand that yet. Time to teach them a lesson.....a Carthaginian lesson!

The rebellion Scutarii charged towards the steady pikemen of Carthage......their long spears ready.
    General Hanno: "HOLD THE LINE!!"

They had a far reach, while the short swords of Scutarii couldnt get close at all. The Scutarii were pinned down, one after another.

General Hanno ordered the Carthiginian Spearmen to the flank! Surrounding the enemy. No escape for them now!

They were soon outnumbered, crushed by the overwhelming troops of General Hanno. Victory was ours!

General Hanno sacked the town. He couldnt afford any rebel uprising. The money they looted made up all the population kills.

A great start of united all the loose pieces of land back into one single nation; the republic of Carthage. This was just the first of many other towns and cities in the world. And many will follow.....

END OF THIS PART

- GARGANTUA
    Last edited by rogergargantua; November 08, 2008 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: The Republic of Carthage - XGM Diadochi AAR

This is so nice! Another AAR by the great Gargantua! I hope you will leave Iberia for now and concentrate on making Africa carthaginian. Your AARs are great and i want you to continue the good worj
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Good story, I think you have just spoted a bug though, Scutarii in northern Africa!

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Dom9127: Haha! Yeah. I was kinda confused to see a 2 unit stack there, instead of a full stack of Numidian mercenaries like there should be.. At least this will be a good way to spot and fix bugs, I suppose.

Great to see another AAR, Gargantua. After uniting Northern Africa, you should concentrate your armies in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    This is so nice! Another AAR by the great Gargantua! I hope you will leave Iberia for now and concentrate on making Africa carthaginian. Your AARs are great and i want you to continue the good worj
    Thanks Jakob! I hope you werent disappointed I quit my Epirus AAR. I promise this Carthage campaign will be as fun, tense and entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Dom9127: Haha! Yeah. I was kinda confused to see a 2 unit stack there, instead of a full stack of Numidian mercenaries like there should be.. At least this will be a good way to spot and fix bugs, I suppose.

Great to see another AAR, Gargantua. After uniting Northern Africa, you should concentrate your armies in Spain.
    Well, thats one of my reasons I start my AARS. A great way to aid Redfox by finding bugs, errors......or tweak out stats of certain units if they appear to be weak or too strong, etc.

A new update, I was in the mood to fight some more tonight. Its a pretty cool campaign and the units look awesome! Thanks to Maraxus for making these!

PART II
    PART II
    CLEANING UP THE REBEL SCUM

Contens of update ( in order of appearance )
    * A new faction leader!
    * Battle at the forest of Hippo Regius
    * Battle at Siga Fields

A new faction leader

Hanno was getting old, his time has come! The battle of Cirta took his last bits of energy. He died peacefully and with honor. Hanno was buried at the great city Carthago.....the people of Carthage mourned....

His noble son, Hasdrubal, moved on where his father had died. Hasdrubal decided to pursue the dream of his father which was to unite Africa as one republic.

He promised to be a very fine general. His father already taught him the first important things about leadership in his youth. He had developed many great skills.

The Carthaginian diplomats moved on to get trade rights around the world. They visited the Achaeans, Makedonians, Independent Greeks and even the Celtic Tribes.

Not every nation seemed to agree with our fast and prosperous developments. The Greeks looked upon us with envy.......

Our scouts reported spies from Greeks at our beloved city Lilybaeum. Seems like they were about to make up their unwise words. The Carthaginian Council advised us not to worry, the Greeks were powerless and scattered over the world. Besides that, they were too busy fighting each other.

The Council showed us the new diplomatic information. The greeks were indeed busy destroying themselves. Foolish people.....no match for the great power of Carthage.

With confidence, Hasdrubal marched on to the next rebel city of West-Africa: Siga. But rebels blocked his path.

Battle at the forests of Hippo Regius

The first rebels we encountered was a scouting party consisting of javeling skirmishers. They were being hunted by our Carthaginian cavalry.

They were hunted down till the last man.

Frightened by monstrous beasts of Carthage, they fleed! Some of the skirmishers were caught by the sharp tusks and made a trip through the air.

After the skirmishers were killed, the rebel infantry clashed with our Phoenician Pikemen.

The cavalry was sent in, putting an end to this silly childplay.

This small rebel army couldnt prevent Hasdrubal from reaching his mission: Conquer the city of Siga. Victory was his!

It seems that Hasdrubal got a talent for killing off Rebels. His skills were getting better and better.

Back at the city of Carthago, a suitable husband was found for Roxane. Thimna Sabratha was young, idealistic but a perfect candidate. He proved himself more then once in the past. He was more then welcome in our family.

A great moment to test out the potentional skills of Thimna Sabratha! Those Roman dogs decided to capture our city Aleria.....one of our finest trading cities on the mediterrean islands.

After these events, a very good season passed by.

The factionleader Hasdrubal had finally reached the rebel city Siga. He besieged it immediately.

A rebel force came to the rescue, they attacked general Hasdrubal from the rear!

Battle at Siga Fields

Hasdrubal and his finest of Carthage:

Hasdrubal lined up his army at a hill. The enemy had to come his way....and uphill too! This was in his favor!

He sent out horse skirmishers to give those rebel scumbags a great introduction of Carthaginian power.

The rebels didnt seem impressed. They slowly marched on.

So the general ordered his slingers to approach the enemy.
    Hasdrubal: "Balearic Slingers!! Move in and give em hell!!"

That weakened the rebel infantry a lot! Lots of spearmen got killed. And the last spearmen charged uphill towards the deadly pikemen.
    Hasdrubal: "Hah! These are going to be easy kills! Those rebels are numerous....but clearly not organised!"

They were hurt badly by the horse skirmishers and slingers....they didnt seem to be a real threat for our Phoenician Pikemen. They were easily dealt with. Our cavalry cleaned up the rest.

So at the other side, the reinforcements of rebels were about to join in. The Phoenician Pikemen got back in line and were eager to get those easy kills again.

The rebels played it smart this time because they decided to attack the left flank of our pikemen unit. But the flank was guarded by civil spearmen who could hold off pretty nicely themselves....

But it seems that the rebels had a chance to breakthrough. The rebel spearmen overwhelmed our left flank. Hasdrubal immediately ordered the elephant unit to charge! Its time for those rebels to fly!

A succesfull charge....the elephants cut through the rebel spearmen unit with ease. Bodies flying all over the place. The rebels were terrified!

Some of the elephants tossed bodies around, like playing a game. This was pure fun for the powerful beasts.....

A last brave unit of Scutarii charged towards the rampaging unit of elephants, a desperate act to save their now flying brothers.

But they were tossed up high in the air aswell. New toys for our elephants....it was a delightfull sight to see.

Victory was hours after the last units were hunted and killed by the cavalry.

No mercy for the rebels! We sacked and looted the city!

With Carthago Nova which lies in South-Iberia in sight, Hasdrubal realised that his mission was near completion.
    Hasdrubal: "Another rebel city burning!! One step closer to my father's dream!"

END OF THIS PART

- GARGANTUA
    Last edited by rogergargantua; November 07, 2008 at 04:39 PM.

Loved the battle at Siga, it was a cool battle against rebels and it was fun to see those men in the air Cant wait to next part (must include Battles! )
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

"Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Primicerius

You certainly work fast, rogergargantua. Another AAR up and running.
    Some fun elephant use at Siga too, lots of flying rebels.

Gargantua the Fast and the Furious . I've subscribed to this AAR. Looking forward to new update. ME

This AAR needs an update!

Primicerius

Its only been a couple of days... Give him some time, he's been putting updates out like crazy since he started his epirote AAR.

I know, but it still needs an update (just because of that i love it)

This is a great aar, and the pics are superb. I hope another update comes soon.

New Gargantua AAR, this is promising
    I just hope it doesn't have the same sad ending the Epirot one had

Thank you all for the quick and great feedback on my new AAR. Didnt expect to read so much nice comments after this weekend.

Well, as for the usual quick updates, I'm usually busy in weekends.......so that explains my absence for last days. But now i'm back and I got some new material for you guys to see and to read. So sit back, grab a baggy popcorn and enjoy the new update.

Previous feedback questions
    As for feedback, some of you remember the questions I asked at my Epiros AAR. I take much of that feedback into this AAR. Since I started out this AAR, I kept reminding myself to make more close-up screenshots of battles. From time to time, I will also post some shots of the campaign map so you can see how other factions are doing. But most of the feedback pointed out that most of the readers were quite happy with my style etc. Thanks for the participation and response.

PART III
    PART III
    THE REPUBLIC UNITED

Contents of update (in order of appearance)
    * Diplomacy
    * Battle at Mount Aleria I
    * Battle at Mount Aleria II
    * Battle of Tingi

Diplomacy

Our diplomats travelled deeper into Europe, encountering new barbaric nations. New pacts were made......

......causing peace between the barbarians.

The Republic of Rome were making new friends aswell......but they chose known friends of Carthage and so they declared a ceasefire treaty. But those Romans cant be trusted.

In the meanwhile, General Hasdrubal, leading man of Carthage, was moving towards the last rebel village of Tingi. If he could get rid of these rebels, he would unite Africa. Then the Republic of Carthage was formed as his father wanted it to be. The dream would become reality.

A new candidate for adoption. He seems worthy for the daughters of Carthage. His name is Milkherem Tartessos

The ceasefire act didnt lasted long, the Romans turned their back on us and besieged Aleria. They'll be sorry.....

As a new season passed by.....

....The Romans were jealous of our power and supremacy, leading them to espionage our great nation.

Even though the Romans attacked us first, the people of Aedui also broke the alliance with us. I guess fear from the Romans was what made their decision. They soon will learn that it isnt the Romans they have to fear for.

Battle at Mount Aleria I
    We send out a reinforced army in order to save Aleria. The adopted familymember Thimna Sabratha (see PART II of this AAR) was the general of this army and had the chance to show off his skills. He was young but very capable.

We marched up troops uphill since the Romans were positioned their aswell. We wanted to line up our troops at the same height. A unit of Roman infantry welcomed us. We quickly finished them off.

The romans kept interrupting our marching army. I guess they didnt want us to line up. A few other units charged towards the Carthaginian army.

They clashed in with our infantry.

Overview of the battle: The romans are clearly outnumbered but they hold their grounds nicely. It was like the Roman leader was fighting amongst this unit himself, giving the Roman troops a great morale boost.

Thimna Sabratha charged into the rear of the Roman unit.

Even then it took some time to break down those Roman dogs. They were fighting hard and were real tough bastards....

At the far distance, the Roman captain and his remaining units were waiting patiently. They expected to see their first units slaughter us.......but things turned out to go different.

After getting rid of the first Roman units, our remaining troops slowly marched towards the Roman captain and his last men. The first Romans cut us down big time....we made heavy losses and the remaining Romans still have 3 fully membered units. It was still an even battle, but the future was definately uncertain for young general Thimna Sabratha.

We slowly creeped towards the Romans....spears and shields ready.

Then an outbreak! Thimna ordered his brave Carthaginians to charge!

It was a bloodbath! Our troops were tired from the fights before. The Romans gained the upperhand.

At the end, the Carthaginians couldnt fight no more....their morale was broken. They fleed

It was a close defeat and Aleria was still under Roman pressure. A bad day in the history of Carthage.

During the battle, young Thimna died while trying to flee and escape.

So if we couldnt win from them at land combat, we could try and win at sea combat. The Carthaginian fleet attacked the ships from Rome.

Our fleet was more superior! So we still had won something.....even though the battle and the death of Thimna Sabratha was a far more worse loss.

Battle of Aleria II

Back at the mainlands of Carthage, the new general Tartessos was send to Aleria. He replaced Thimna Sabratha......the fate of Aleria now rested on his shoulders. Could he free his own people from the tiranny of Rome?

The Roman captain send out a scouting party.......unwise strategy. The Romans were clearly outnumbered this time. If we would kill off this simple unit, they would not have any reserve left.

During battle, snow began to fall. This was a sign of the gods. The bitter cold would drive the Romans away.....it was a sign of their loss.

Carthaginian infantry about to lock swords with Roman spears. They charged fiercely towards the sons of Rome.

Captain of the Carthaginian infantry in battle with a Roman soldier. The battle was tense, the blows or thrusts from spear and sword were blocked or dodged at both sides. It felt like the personal battle was lasting hours.

During battle, confident Tartessos stood close at the action. His troops were winning!

After the first slaughter, the Roman captain and his unit were the last what was left over of the invading army. Carthaginian general Tartessos surrounded the unit completely. This time, there was no way out.

Tartessos: "ATTACK!! No mercy for these barbaric Romans!!"

They were attacked from all sides and the Romans knew that they had no chance at all. This is over within a few minutes.....

General Tartessos charged in......crushing the Romans.

Finally after the slaughtering, the Roman captain took the chance of running away. Off course we didnt let him go. All our units were in full pursuit!

It's amazing how fast a man can run if fear controls him. He outran our infantry but he could never match with true horse power. General Tartessos catched up with him at ease. A quick stab and the Roman captain died at the mountains of Aleria. The same hills he wanted to survive and conquer. Let this be a lesson for the merciless hounds of Rome. Carthage cannot be conquered.

General Tartessos: "Aleria is saved, my brave men. No longer are they being pressured by those filthy Romans. Revenge is ours!!"

Battle of Tingi
    Back at the mainlands of Africa, the leader of Carthage, Hasdrubal attacked the last remaining city of the rebels. This would unite Carthage once and for all. The lands of Iberia would now be connected with the rest of Africa. His father's dream would become reality.

The ram was set in place, smashing down the gates of the last rebels.

The rebels were preparing for battle. They gathered together at the main street of Tingi. This would be a dense street battle.

Hasdrubal and his men finally opened the gate. Time for the real action!

The elephant unit did good work aswell, an opening was made into the fortication.

Shortly after the gate was smashed, the rebels locked in battle with our brave Liby-Phoenician Pikemen. Those rebel Scutarii were no match for Carthage finest.

After the first wave of Scutarii, a second wave consisting of Rebel spearmen charged in. They met the mighty spears of our Phoenician Pikemen.

It became a dense battle at the streets of Tingi. The brave Carthaginians slowly gained more ground. They pounded those rebels back into the city.

After gaining the upper hand, panic broke out amongst Rebels. They fleed back to the city square.

While they were being chased and hunted to death, the Phoenician Pikemen killed the leader of the rebels, captain Philosir.

Back at the outskirts of the city, a group of skirmishers want to flank our soldiers. Hasdrubal had already foreseen this and had sent his elite Elepant unit to make short work of the rebel skirmishers. The elephants had pleasure tossing these light men around.

Back at the main street of Tingi, the Liby-Phoenician Pikemen literally walked over the rebels.

The square was surrounded by mighty Carthage. In an act of desperation, the rebel spearmen tried to attack us one more time.

But the Pikemen were already lined up and their spears were ready. The hesitation and fear amongst rebels made the killing even easier.

Then the last unit of Scutarii tried to hold the square. But they were not aware of the cavalry which was charging at them with full speed.

They were knocked over like they were ragdolls. ( lol at the scutarii infanterist who's knocked upside down and his face planted into the ground)

Hasdrubal sacked the last city. The last of the rebels were killed.

With Iberia at the other side, Carthage was now united.

Hasdrubal completed his father's dream but unlike other Carthaginians, he didn't feel happy at all. He felt alone and mourned about his father......he was sad about the fact that his father couldnt live to see his dream to become reality.
    He took some days off to rest and to think about things. Taking his time to look back what he archieved so far. This lead that he started questioning himself. He had united Carthage and it was his father's dream, but what was his own dream?

The battles against the rebels made Hasdrubal a fine general. His new experience and wisdom raised his status as General even more.

A peaceful season passed by. The Republic of Carthage was now complete and fully reunited. Things were going well!

A very interesting announcement! The Romans declared war on the Kingdom of Epiros which are our noble allies. With the Romans focussing on the Greeks at the south, we could take our revenge and invade North-Italy ourselves. King Pyyrhos of Epiros could use some help after all.

END OF THIS PART

- GARGANTUA
    Last edited by rogergargantua; November 10, 2008 at 02:56 PM.

Very nice! Love the battles! (and the new Sig )
    How could rome dare to attack! Doesnt they have any shame in their bodies right now?! ()

Edit: Laughed so hard when i saw the Scutarii turned upside down, didnt notice first time i read it ... You seem to have the skill to get the right pictures, thought of making the battles recorded? (Fraps could be used) It would be so cool
    Last edited by jakobh94; November 10, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Nicely done Gargantua! I'm playing a Diadochi campaign as Carthage as well, it's pretty awesome. I took Syracuse with massive losses, and thanks to Pyrrhus the Romans are pretty busy.
    Taking all of Africa is what I will do next, just like you've done.
    Nice AAR!
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    Very nice! Love the battles! (and the new Sig )
    How could rome dare to attack! Doesnt they have any shame in their bodies right now?! ()

Edit: Laughed so hard when i saw the Scutarii turned upside down, didnt notice first time i read it ... You seem to have the skill to get the right pictures, thought of making the battles recorded? (Fraps could be used) It would be so cool
    LOL! I laughed too, I thought the picture was hilarious! As for video, I have been giving a thought about it yes. I might try it in future. I first have to experiment around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balikedes View Post
    Nicely done Gargantua! I'm playing a Diadochi campaign as Carthage as well, it's pretty awesome. I took Syracuse with massive losses, and thanks to Pyrrhus the Romans are pretty busy.
    Taking all of Africa is what I will do next, just like you've done.
    Nice AAR!
    So were Carthaginian brothers now, Balikedes
    Syracuse is being owned by the IGCS in my campaign.....and its actually weakly defended. Did they made a massive force in your campaign at Syracuse?
    I took upon the strategy to conquer all of Africa first ( great sea cities --> better trade --> more money income ). From there I will move one to whatever faction that annoys me the most. So far its the Republic of Rome that starts to annoy me. But they're really powerful.

PART IV
    PART IV
    IBERIAN REBEL UPRISING

Contents of update (in order of appearance)
    * Sea Wars
    * Battle of Arsa
    * Battle at Arsa Fields

Sea Wars
    After the Romans declared war on the Kingdom of Epiros, they send their forces to the borders of Epirot.

Back at Iberia (spain), general Theophanes laid siege on the rebel city of Arsa before the Iberians could get any closer. Arsa belonged to us.

A season passed by....

....which caused our navy to attack the Roman fleet at the mediterrean

Our naval fleet was supreme.....thrashing those puny Roman ships.

The Romans begged for mercy......they couldnt afford a second enemy besides kingdom of Epiros. Off course, we declined their ceasfire treaty.

Back at West-Africa, faction leader Hasdrubal started to make his journey back to the capital Carthago. His personal ship was ready to sail.

As a peaceful season passed by.....

.....young Bisaltes, son of Hasdrubal was coming of age! He was currently residing at Carthage's capital, Carthago.....waiting for his father's return.

Battle of Arsa
    The rebels were truly rebellic. Instead of waiting out, they started to counter-attack our besiegement.

Their soldiers marched out of the city's gates. Their hearts filled with anger against Carthage, they charged towards our forces......

But only to be welcomed by our Balearic slingers who did a great job taking down some Scutarii's.

Even being heavily shot by our slingers, they never stopped charging towards our infantry. Battle was about to begin.

The rebel scutarii halted infront of our steady Carthaginian infantry. The Scutarii's took out their javelins and threw them with deadly accuracy!

After the deadly wave of javelins, the real fight started.....

But the unorganized rebels didnt expect an attack from the rear by General Theophanes himself.

And so they started to flee back towards the city. But they were followed by the forces of Carthage. The Carthaginian cavalry did a flanking manoeuvre and charged towards the rebels.

After crushing the last few rebels at the gate, general Theophanes claimed the city.

It was a real easy victory. Those rebels are stubborn but very unorganized. They quickly panic.

As usual with every other rebel village or city.....we sacked Arsa.

And confident general Theophanes earned promotion.

But new problems arose after the defeat of the rebels. The village was incontrollable. Even after sacking the city, the public order was way too low. General Theophanes ordered to start construction on a shrine devoted to Carthage.

Back at the capital, faction leader Hasdrubal finally met with his son Bisaltes.
    After his resting days in Tingi, Hasdrubal decided to pursue his own dreams. He dreamt of conquering all of Italy. The Romans bothered him much......and getting rid of the Roman Republic, he would dominate the whole mediterrean sea. His dreams went even further then his father's, but was it possible to realise it?

Hasdrubal and his son Bisaltes started construction of new barracks and other buildings of warfare. They were preparing for the upcoming war against the Romans.

Back at Italy, the Romans pressured the Epirots heavily. They besieged the Epirot capital Taras. Time was getting short, we have to help the kingdom of Epiros as soon as possible.

A season passed by....

.....bringing uncomfortable news! The former rebel city of Arsa was rioting! Damned those stubborn rebels!!

Even worse, the rioting finally ended in the city in revolting against Carthage! General Theophanes and his troopers were kicked out of the city! This is madness!!

Battle at Arsa Fields
    General Theophanes didnt accepted this and immediately besieged the city once again! The rebels responded back by attacking the Carthaginian general.

Rebel cavalry charged at us right from the start after Balearic Slingers took a shot at them. The slingers pulled back behind the spearmen.....and so the cavalry was pinned down by our mighty spears.

General Theophanes: "Stupid rebels, they dont have any experience at all. Never charge one unit of cavalry into three spearmen units."

And so general Theophanes started to interrupt and slaughter the remaining rebel cavalry.

The outrageous rebels stormed towards the Carthaginians. The spearmen captain (wearing the blue cape) and his unit were ready to take them on.

But they soon fleed when the cavalry of Carthage outflanked them.

The Carthaginians massively followed the fleeing rebels.

The last ones were caught and killed.....

General Theophanes even managed to get a Heroic victory out of this battle.

A troubled season passed by.....the rebel town of Arsa still had no order even after we sacked it for the second time. The rebels were rioting once again! Stubborn people!!

Also Mount Etna erupted causing devastation at a local Greek village called Naxos.

A sad day for the Greeks.....

These people kept rioting.....what are they? Hidden Spartans refusing to surrender? These people drove the Carthaginian Council nuts. What can or should we do against these stubborn people?

Back at Carthago, our capital, faction leader Hasdrubal and his son Bisaltes marched their army at the ships. Father and son were about to invade Italy, teaching those Romans a lesson they wont forget.

After some days, they finally arrived at the Roman city of Capua. We took control of the city and it's port.

But the Romans answered by sending their general Aulus Pompeius. This battle would mean the beginning of a longtime war. Hasdrubal fixed his eye upon Italy and simply will not stop before he conquered it. Even his death would not stop the Republic of Carthage from conquering Italy because then his noble son, Bisaltes, would step into his father's footsteps and pursue his dreams. There's no stopping now......

END OF THIS PART

- GARGANTUA

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    So were Carthaginian brothers now, Balikedes
    Syracuse is being owned by the IGCS in my campaign.....and its actually weakly defended. Did they made a massive force in your campaign at Syracuse?
    No, they had quite a small force. I outnumbered them 3:1 and though the Greeks fought bravely, they fell.

Nice update...brother!
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Primicerius

Nice update.... Don't leave us hanging!! (for too long).

This is going well
    Last edited by gll25; November 12, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast