Thread: Modding the descr_projectile in FKoC

Default Modding the descr_projectile in FKoC

Great mod!

Still, it seems you left the descr_projectile untouched, resulting in relatively inaccurate musket/pistol/arquebus and cannon/culverin/sepentine fire. Taking a page out of (and, yes, copy/pasting) KK's work in Stainless Steel I tried to modify the projectiles in FKoC by raising velocity, barely touching the "accuracy" setting and adjusting mass. Try out a few battles in Stainless Steel and you'll see the effect I was aiming for. Sadly I currently only have access to a Kingdoms descr_projectile file and so the game won't load if I deposit the modded file in the FKoC directory. Does anyone of you know where I can get a vanilla MTW2 1.3 descr_projectile file without unpacking? I'd sure like to help in making this mod better.

Yes, the next step would be to introduce different bullet versions like KK did in SS, for instance "musket_bullet" for trayned band, "quality_musket_bullet" for named musketeer regiments and "elite_musket_bullet" for dragoons with graduations in the accuracy setting and equal velocity. A velocity setting of 120 and accuracy setting of 0.045 for the musket_bullet combined wit mass 0.14 works well in Stainless steel, going up to 0.04 accuracy for the "elite" version.

Another thing I did early on was to remove the fire_by_rank attribute from all musket armed infantry since I (and a lot of the community) simply think this bugged. Yes, if you do that only the first two ranks fire, but overall fire frequency and thus firepower rises if you don't have that "reforming" fire pause.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Modding the descr_projectile in FKoC

ok, here you go

btw its has been modified. like to see your work when its done.

Default Re: Modding the descr_projectile in FKoC

I've actually found the descr_projectile of the real combat mod to work with FKOC. I've also modded the EDU to give militia the normal, named regiments the "quality" and dragoons the "elite" bullets, as well as dispensing with fire_by_rank and doubling the attack value of all firearms.