Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garnier's Mod v1.2 Beta - Updated 01/13/2009

Default Re: Garnier's Mod v1.1 - [M&B 1.010/1.011] - Updated 12/01/2008

There's a lot of things I like in this mod, I may give it a try, but I'd probably want to tweak it a little to my own taste, for one I like leveling up. So if I start out as a peasant instead of a lord do I still start at level 28?

Probably my favorite feature is the wounding feature that's awesome.

I would also remove not just great helms, but all renaissance armors and weapons and heavy plated warhorses, just because I prefer the early middle ages, myself.

The winged great helm though is high middle ages so it does fit. I don't think most of the two handed sword fit for the period though at all.

Anyway, just a few comments for now, I will try it.

The next version will have options at the start of the game if you want to be a normal level-up character. (This version is heavily underway, a lot of new stuff is done and much if not most of the code from 1.1 is rewritten a lot better).

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

I think it would be nice for strategic value if when you got captured you didn't just get dumped off with most of your stuff. At low level an automatic loss of everything would be nice. I also noticed there are empty slots to create new abilities, so maybe there could be a new ability to influence the penalty of being captured.

Maybe you could choose to use different tactics to escape every so many days. Example would be the first opportunity you could try to bribe your way out by using your persuasion or charisma skill to convince your captors to let you go or join you. If that doesn't work then several days later maybe you get a chance to fight your way out or escape a camp like when you are in a enemy castle.

But when you escape you don't automatically get everything you actually have to steal it back on the battle map by equipping it.

Anyway not trying to tell you what to do with your mod just throwing around ideas since you're still working on it.
    Last edited by Armatus; December 05, 2008 at 10:15 AM.

I wonder Garnier,

As you state at point 9, you have added a button to switch banner anytime.

When you first receive a banner, a lord who carried the banner of your choice gets a different one to avoid duplication, however this does not happen when one gets himself another banner trough the game's files.

Have you been able to bypass that?
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

No but if I release 1.2 I will include a fix for that.

Retired moderator of TWC

Default Re: Garnier's Mod v1.2 Beta - Updated 01/13/2009

Just a question, sorry if I missed this somewhere, but do you have anything like BoW mod where you loose morale by so many points if you kill a party member?

It's always like that, if you kill one of your men in battle.

Retired moderator of TWC

Hmm, maybe I'm not seeing it because I have something disabled...

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I think it would be nice for strategic value if when you got captured you didn't just get dumped off with most of your stuff. At low level an automatic loss of everything would be nice.
    I am longing for a mod, with a banking/safe system, where when you are captured, you lose *everything*, money and equipment, you were carrying *with you* atm.. It makes no sense for capturers to leave you all armed around, and notsnatch your purse...
    In this dream mod of mines, equipment would be cheaper, but mercenary salaries, ransoms , fiefe revenues and especially troop wages way higher as well...

The reason I don't do that is because of how easy it is to accidentally bump into bandits (especially steppe bandits/sea rairders) when you are travelling around without a huge army. These bandits don't accept bribes, they kill you. If they took all your stuff it would be way too frustrating, for me anyway.

Retired moderator of TWC

To bad we didn't have a community mod collaboration going here

*hint hint

The problem is everyone has their own different ideas of how they'd like the game to be.

Retired moderator of TWC

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Indeed.
    And I'm too lazy to learn how to mod the game :p

Well I would be willing to contribute in the art and dialog department.

Hello Garnier,

Thank you for your hard work, looking forward for new and even improved versions. I played only this version but looks good.

A huge thanks goes to you for releasing the source code as well.

My question is about modding the bank system.

Basically, I'd like to take the native mod folder and only add banks into that. Would that be easy? I downloaded & installed python and had a quick look to the modding system documentation.

Can you briefly tell me how to add the bank system please? Of course if that is (relatively) easy. Or would it not be possible take "only the banking code" without rest of your work?

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    1. Each of the five capitals in the game has a bank, where you can borrow money or store money to be retrieved later. The interest rate on money you borrow is 400% per game year, and you have to pay 100 denars for every 1000 that you borrow, up front. Also you have to have at least that 100 denars in real (unborrowed) money to get a loan. You can't just keep taking more loans and stay rich. Interest is payed weekly and you can't avoid it. You make 1.2% per year as interest on money that you deposit in the bank, and this is added to your deposit each month. In 1.2 the code for the banks is mostly rewritten to be easier to use in other mods. Now also you can easily set in the code which cities have banks.

If you know how the python files work, it shouldn't be hard to get just the bank code out, as it's not intertwined with other parts of the mod.

Search for keywords in all the python files that have to do with the bank system. You can find all the chunks of code necessary and figure it out (use notepad++ to search in all files).

Keywords I use in the bank code are:
    Code:
    Bank
    Debt
    Deposit
    Interest
    I think if you find all the code with those words in it you will have everything.

Retired moderator of TWC

very, nice. too bad im stuck modding all the time to actually enjoy the game, i may use some of its lfeatures though and i will need your permission. I would love to use thehospitiallars and templars.

Hi Garnier,

Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate that.
    Last edited by themrwho; February 23, 2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: found the answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12