Thread: Off-topic, Shogun TW on Vista

Icon5 Off-topic, Shogun TW on Vista

Sorry its off topic, probably should be elsewhere but...

Does anyone know how to get Shogun Total War to work on Windows Vista? :hmmm:

Big Thanks

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Off-topic, Shogun TW on Vista

In Windows XP when you click on options/ or properties of a game .exe file or something like that, it always gives you the choice to play a game in Windows 95/98/2000/XP mode, I don't have Vista but maybe Vista has this option as well.

It does have 'compatibility' settings

but keeps crashing when I start the game regardless

I've hunted around and apparently the version in Total War Eras works so guess I'll put Eras on my Christmas List!

Thanks

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

I'd rather put Windows XP on your christmas list!
    Vista was such a pain...

Quote Originally Posted by Taneda Santôka View Post
    I'd rather put Windows XP on your christmas list!
    Vista was such a pain...
    Totally agree
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Keep the old computer to play RNJ or change it for Empire? This is the problem! Just Ran not too late ...

I cant even get it to work on XP....

Icon13 Re: Off-topic, Shogun TW on Vista

Vista: Have a look at the EB install guide:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80270

if you use Windows Vista you may experience certain errors due to the security model Vista uses to protect your PC from possible threats.
    There are two ways to circumvent this issue:
    1) Conform yourself to the security model: don't install softwar such as games in the C:\Program Files\ directory, or any of its subdirectories.
    Ran no Jidai Mod Finishing Time: It's done when it's done! Don't ask questions about finishing-time.
    Better train your Samurai!

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by shootingbates View Post
    It does have 'compatibility' settings

but keeps crashing when I start the game regardless

I've hunted around and apparently the version in Total War Eras works so guess I'll put Eras on my Christmas List!

Thanks
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

My Shogun Version from the Eras box works fine, but I can't get Medieval from the same box to work. <.<

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas1710 View Post
    My Shogun Version from the Eras box works fine, but I can't get Medieval from the same box to work. <.<
    Do you have a 64bit system ?? or 32 bit ?? ...Reason i ask ,I have RTW anthology ,and I cannot load BI orRTW they just minimise to desk top .According to customer services NONE of their games are 64 bit compatible

Signature made by Joar

There can be major problems on XP as well. At least on 8XXX series NVidia cards, the newer drivers they require have a bug with Direct Draw (which is used on the interface), that reports wrong mouse click coordinates to the game... Forcing you to play it with painfully slow and extremely ugly software rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Do you have a 64bit system ?? or 32 bit ?? ...Reason i ask ,I have RTW anthology ,and I cannot load BI orRTW they just minimise to desk top .According to customer services NONE of their games are 64 bit compatible
    I've got a 64 Bit System.

Quote Originally Posted by Helloween View Post
    There can be major problems on XP as well. At least on 8XXX series NVidia cards, the newer drivers they require have a bug with Direct Draw (which is used on the interface), that reports wrong mouse click coordinates to the game... Forcing you to play it with painfully slow and extremely ugly software rendering.
    It's not slow for me, but it's ugly and annoying, that's true. That's with all later nvidia cards.
    Can't even change resolution now. <.<