Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 - Mod Discussion Thread

Default Fallout 3 - Mod Discussion Thread

I don't want to step on the toes of the other Fallout 3 mod related thread, but it was focused mainly on wishlists, whilst I wanted a thread to discuss actually released and in progress Fallout 3 mods.

So far, less than a week after the game is out, I'm using the following mods for Fallout 3.

Not bad. I've got a couple things for gameplay, one to increase fight balancing, the other to remove an annoyance. Two things for graphics. Then there is the much needed UI upgrade.

Small steps? Yes, but you have to walk before you can run.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Fallout 3 - Mod Discussion Thread

If or when we get a CS, we'll blow modding wide open. If they gave us a CS the day it was released, we would've been sprinting. I would've already been hard at work on diverse armors, pretty/dirty faces, and such.

Not nearly as talented as Timeslip, throttle kitty, and the rest of those script junkies, so I get to wait.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

looked at some stats from the game,

allow more then one companion
    increace item prices,
    make some items more expensive
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Here's a basic mod I hope to do. It would be located between Germantown PD and the Minefield

Player House Mod: Redland Outpost

There's a branch of the Brotherhood Outcasts which has broken off from the main group due to a disagreement with leadership. The majority of the Outcasts wish to persue the main brotherhood goals of collecting and preserving technology. This group of breakaways, these outcasts of the outcasts if you will, feel that there is nothing on the east coast worth salvaging.

These members want to return to their brothers in the West. However, due to being no longer supported by the outcasts, who themselves are short of supplies, they cannot make the journey. When you find them they will ask you to get them supplies for their journey. They need:
    • 2 assault rifles
    • 2 hunting rifles
    • 2 combat shotguns
    • 1 sniper rifle
    • 1 minigun
    • 1 rocket launcher
    • 2 laser rifles
    • 50 units of food (any kind)
    • 1000 caps

Once you have gotten this list for them, they leave the outpost to you, with its workbench, storage lockers and crates, and medical facility. One of the members also stays behind, and can become a companion NPC. He has outcast power armor, a flamer, and a ripper.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Very, very good idea for a quest mod. Doesn't require a bunch of extra crap either.

OH BTW GUYZ- THE LEVEL CAP HAS BEEN UNLOCKED, KTHX
    Last edited by Kennylz; November 06, 2008 at 01:07 AM.

Glad to see Timeslip mentioned. He is a god.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD! *indulges in youknowwhat*

careful with the level cap. If your skills max out then you can't exit the skills assignment screen because you have leftover points to distribute

30 really is all you need for anything. 20 seems like a low level cap until you realize that once you go past that you start becoming a god.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

If everything works out and we get a CS, I'm looking forward to some house mods, companions, maybe some sort of transporter like a bike or something ( I freaking hate running around), and a OOO type of overhaul mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    maybe some sort of transporter like a bike or something ( I freaking hate running around)
    So, fast travel?
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    So, fast travel?
    Missing out on all the great opportunities? Also, you can't explore using that.

Furthermore, there are the things called immersion, atmosphere and authenticity.

My game is so heavily modified right now, at least in regards to UI, sound, gameplay, and textures. The CS is still sorely needed for making new landscapes, items, people, quests, etc.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

The level cap lifter to lvl 30 is okay, but still, I'm bathing in skills. Especially due to erroneously picking the perk that gives two points with every book and the one giving additional skill points per level. I'd like to see a mod that increases the level cap and balances the rest according to that. Maybe kick perks that give skill points out completely. I might try that as soon as I've dug into mod-making for Fallout 3 deep enough. Right now all I have is an unpacker, but I can't find any info on how those .esp-files are actually made out of your changes.

So, where was I...?
    Oh, right, the mods I'm using:
    - lvl cap at 30
    - Amplified Crippled Efects - Finally the enemies' (and my!) aiming and running speed is notably hampered by crippled head/arm(s)/leg(s)!
    [Edit while typing :] While searching for the link to the mentioned mods I've just stumbled on the Less Skill Points mod. It gives only 5+INT skill points per level instead of the vanilla 10+INT. I'm tempted to restart my still running first play through and restart with this and the level cap increase... This way at least you'd be forced to specialize at least somewhat. I have energy weapons, small weapons, science, repair, lockpick and sneaking in their 70s-80s and speech at 100%, and I'm just on lvl 18, not having found all bobbleheads and books, yet. I'll take a peek at if using the Less Skill Points Mod helps enough already.

Gender Perks Unlocked - That looks like fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveressa on fallout3nexus
    Excellent mod, as a lesbian I personally enjoy playing one in such games (I loved the same sex marraige option in fallout #2) and was disappointed to see a the gender restrictions on those perks.

Thanks for making this, really adds to the game for me.

[Edit 2:]I would have made one like this if I had been into modding FO3 earlier: Misc Item Weight Fix - The changes the guy made look quite reasonable. I don't know why Bethesda only used 0.5 and nothing as values <1, when values in between are also possible.

Aaaand... Another useful mod for the leveling issues: Slower Levelling; in my next game (I'll just rush through the main story line now) I'll use this, the Lesser Skill Points Per Level mod and the Lvl 30 Cap mod, and it might finally pay to take much time in the Fallout world.

[Edit 3:] Cross-Repair Weapons - since some people complained about the 10mm pistol parts not being able to be used for the 10mm smg and the like, and I think they have a point, this mod will probably be used a lot. By me for sure.

-Der Ketzerfreund.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; November 09, 2008 at 12:00 AM.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

thanks for the info on those mods, ill use many of them

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

I cant register here...could someone register for me?
    The site says my user name is being used every time!
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

^^

i tried but it told me the same thing.. not sure why, it worked when i was registering the other day

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Cool little mod for people who like Amata

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=331

Nice touch IMO

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Very nice touch. I can't wait for the CS. So much potential... I've slowed down on modding my game, a little. There is an item descriptions mod coming out that will be nice, but I've held back on getting the very early, basic nudity and child killing mods. I'll wait for them to be properly finished.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I can't activate any mods.
    Put them in the right folder and fixed the validator and still nothing.

Edit: Got them working.
    I only edited one of the ini files.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; November 16, 2008 at 09:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast