Thread: Some Questions

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Some Questions

I have to admit I'm into this game somehow

So, my question was whether you guys have some tips for roleplaying characters,

one that stroke me is the "forest bandit" crew, equipped just like those annoying bowmen bandits (they are so cool still) and looting + ambush all the way.

what char ideas do you have, they shouldn't be too serious, it's more about fun.

Next, any well known mods for 1.003 out there?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Some Questions

This game generally focus on be a mercenary captain... But you can be an annoying bandit if you want to; just attack cavaran of any country and those country would be your enemy after you destroyed certain amount of cavarans.

Well, I would suggest you make your character look like those fearsome sea raiders and then start raiding any caravans around the coastline with a bunch of well hardened Nord Huscarls. If you want some really interesting mods, I would suggest you download v1.010 as that will be the version that supports all the major and interesting mods to come. See this thread for mods for v1.003 and v1.010 which is updated daily by Turkeys!.

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

hey, great service

what about being some kind of merchant...
    Im guessing that it is rather lame, do you actually make money enough for travelling the whole time?

It's far more lucrative to go looting villages than to be a merchant, as you dont have to pay for the stuff you get, BUT you also make enemies of the factions and lords, so you'll end up being hated. Trading doesn't make any enemies and you can make a good deal of money if you know the route and buy/sell at the right price. Check villages along the route for really cheap goods, like furs for 50 denars, and such.

Go clockwise, and don't mess with the middle of the map. In general stuff that you buy cheap will be expensive on the opposite side of the map, so take furs from Khudan and Rivacheg area up to the Rhodok lands, and return with velvet, etc.

There's plenty of complex trade maps and stuff people have made.

It's fun to do sometimes, but don't turn it into a money grind as that gets boring.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Well, the truth is that you must be a part-time merchant if you want to earn money in late game; the upkeep of troops simply kill me after 4 years of game time (20k per week, WTF).

Maybe keep more cheap troops?

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Maybe keep more cheap troops?
    Lol, the truth is, after my game experience, it is most dangerous if you mix your troops level (use non-elite with elite troops), espcially during a siege. What the situation would be showing is your non-elite troops die in mass, and your elite troops, without cover, die with rest too.

How much does an army of crossbow men cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    How much does an army of crossbow men cost?
    And how long an army of crossbow men last??

Besides, if you have time to train crossbowmen why not use archer?? Far better than crossbowmen in everyway except melee combat.