Thread: Russian Civil War Mod

nate895's Avatar Tiro

Default Russian Civil War Mod

The Russian Civil War took place between 1918 and 1923 (though most combat ended by 1920), and seems as if it could be possible to make a mod based on it for Empires. There would be 7 factions: Red Army (Bolshevik), White Tsarist Army (in Siberia), White Republican Army (in Russia proper, Ukraine, and Caucasus), Green Army (Ukrainian peasants), Black Army (Ukrainian anarchists), the Allies, and the Poles. It would be interesting to try to change history in this war. I wonder how someone could mod an anarchist faction to fund its efforts, as well as incorporate allied support for the White Armies.

Default Re: Russian Civil War Mod

That would be a great idea. And possibly have the polish-russian war right after and the spread of communism for a few years after.

nate895's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by jacknasty View Post
    That would be a great idea. And possibly have the polish-russian war right after and the spread of communism for a few years after.
    That is the reason why I included the Poles. The Polish-Russian war actually took place while the civil war was still on in Siberia, so that should be reflected by presence of Poland as a belligerent against the Bolsheviks.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

If you are interested-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164167
    I've had this on the backburner for a while. Need more support

nate895's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    If you are interested-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164167
    I've had this on the backburner for a while. Need more support
    Sounds good to me. I'll have to do some modding tutorials, and read some guides first however, since the only other time I tried modding was on Civ IV and my computer went haywire when I tried to load it up.

Lol, sorry if it's off topic but did you put Poland as a pagan in your mod request Hross?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Eh?

Sorry, it was copied from a M2TW mod announcement I made a while back, the point was that religions could be changed to political regimes. I will change that--- lol --- you're right it's misleading

Oh, Thanks.

Do somebody still working on this? I think there should be more factions, I mean: Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbeijan, North Caucassus, Cossacks, Alash Orda, Bukhara, Chiwa, Basmachi movement, Urianchai, Mongolia and Crimea. I know - a lot of factions. But like in old good Medieval II there could be option to make playable some factions by destroy them and make some factions unplayable. Also, Green Army should be in Tambov lands, Siberia, even one army in Turkestan. However Green faction and White republicans there is the same power. Instead of Black Army should be Makhnowshchizna (Machnowszczyzna, Land of Makhno in Russian). Ukraine should be a another faction.