Thread: Can't start the game

Default Can't start the game

Hello!

I'm very much so wanting to try yourmod, but upon clicking the icons, my screen will go black for a brief instant as if loading, sometimes even getting to the very first loading screen, then crashing. I'm using a totally clean install of MTW 2, patched to 1.2 before installing FKoC,and I installed FKoC 1, then 1.1, then 1.5. I am using windows XP

Any fixes or help? I've looked but cannot find anything.

Wildfowler's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Can't start the game

Hi, Welcome to the forum!

I had a similar problem. Make sure you really have got a clean install and fully patched to 1.2. I thought I had but that was my mistake.
    I uninstalled the whole lot.
    Reinstalled MTW2 then the 1.2 patch then re loaded FKOC and it worked.
    If you still have problems post again and I am sure someone with vastly more knowledge than I will come to your assistance.

best of luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would rather have a russet coated Captain who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows. Than him who you call a Gentleman and is but little else

Oliver Cromwell

Thanks, for some reason, it worked when I re-installed, but I used a clean install to begin with.

Wildfowler's Avatar Civis

There is nothing stranger than computers!

Well there is actually....my uncle Albert but we dont talk about him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would rather have a russet coated Captain who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows. Than him who you call a Gentleman and is but little else

Oliver Cromwell

I'm a little bit of a noob on computers and i have the same problem, how do i know if its a clean istall or not?