Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sergeant Models

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default New Sergeant Models

Here are a few models that I have made some changes to.

DOWNLOAD HERE

The vanilla model for Armored Sergeant and Sergeant Spearmen ug2 were exactly the same. I added some helmets so that they would be a bit different.

Sergeant Spearmen ug2

Armored Sergeant

I added a helmet to the Mounted Sergeant ug1 model.

*This mod does not change any textures. The textures shown are Burrek's Sergeant skins.

As always, feel free to use these models in any publicly released mod with credit given to yours truly.

EDIT

To install, just drop the model files into data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail and click yes when it asks you to replace the files.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; November 02, 2008 at 09:59 AM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: New Sergeant Models

looks cool
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Excellent cheers - gonna try them with the latest version of Darth Ages.

Great models, I always thought it was stupid how the spearmen had helmets on the unit card but not on the battlefield .

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Can I use your units for Europe Total War ?

Quote Originally Posted by MC_RIBS View Post
    Great models, I always thought it was stupid how the spearmen had helmets on the unit card but not on the battlefield .
    Something always bothered me about that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinople View Post
    Can I use your units for Europe Total War ?
    Of course. All of my model releases can be used by anyone who wants to use them.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Great! I would like to use them in the "Crusaders' Challenge" Mod, credits will be given, of course.
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

i love ur work LC

Quote Originally Posted by Romanos IV View Post
    Great! I would like to use them in the "Crusaders' Challenge" Mod, credits will be given, of course.
    Go right ahead and use them.

Giovi...Thanks. It means a lot.

-John G. Hartung

Nice Sergeant models. Do you also plan to make Sergeant swordsmen?
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Nice Sergeant models. Do you also plan to make Sergeant swordsmen?
    I've already made them. They just haven't been released yet.

-John G. Hartung

Will these work with saved games? Also when I look into my medieval folder the 'data' folder does not have a sub folder called 'unit_models' there is only animations, cursors, fmv, sounds and world. Any help would be great.

The models should work with saved games. The reason you can't find the folder is because your game is not unpacked.

-John G. Hartung

Unpacked? Sorry I dont know what you mean, is there a tutorial or anything that could show me how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by MC_RIBS View Post
    Unpacked? Sorry I dont know what you mean, is there a tutorial or anything that could show me how to do this?
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...er/index.shtml

-John G. Hartung

Cool thanks alot!

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

man, im gettin this, great work.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I always thought sergeant spearmen were the match of mounted sergeants due to their armour levels. Amoured Sergeants were the Guard unit.

I'm not so sure that there is supposed to be an exact match, per se. I think that Mounted Sergeants is just a name that CA dug up. They should probably be called "men at arms" or something akin to that, signifying that they are a cavalry unit below the status of knights.

-John G. Hartung

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I agree. I call sergeant swordsmen Coutilliers, armored sergeants Sergeants-at-Arms. Mounted and spearmen I call Men-at-Arms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast