• Norwegian

7 1.23%
  • Yugoslavian

11 1.93%
  • French

11 1.93%
  • Greek

15 2.63%
Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103118 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2423

Thread: Who were the best soldier of ww2?

Default Re: Who were the best soldier of ww2?

Quote Originally Posted by Domen123 View Post
    We at least allow the Muslims, Jews and other religions to build mosques and other kinds of churches in our country !!!
    Like most countries. Nothing special there.

Yes it is. It's main motto is "Britain for the British" !!! They are supporting the anti-minority and anti-immigrants policy !!!
    There's no anti-minority, only anti-immigration and even at that it's not extremist in that sector. They think that British identity will be lost because of this but it's not racist as their policies favour everybody
    equally. Anti-immigration does not = racism.

It was not revolution but Bolshevik coup and just the state takeover - the Bolshevik dictatorship was much worse than the Tsarist.
    Actually it was a revolution but then there was a civil war between Mencheviks and Bolsheviks after Lenin's death in which Stalin of the Bolsheviks took power. It was a revolution even though the change made life worse.

Thus people of Russia failed to become free. And real revolutionists were those who wanted to establish democratic government - like sailors from Kronstadt.
    A revolution means drastic change through arms, manifestations, etc.

I see you are completely fact-proof and source-proof. On the other hand you don't provide any facts and any sources - just your fantastic and plain stupid theories.
    I can see that you everything you say supports Poland in the best way. You have no sources neither by the way. I think that if we're conversing you should know this basic information as anything else. Your bias tells you these are stupid theories. They're only stupid in your eyes. Go on Wikipedia and check.

There could be but there was not. Unless you've got any sources to prove it.
    I probably can find sources for this but i won't because I don't trust your source anyways. It was a hypothesis.

You cannot compare Pilsudski to Hitler. De facto Neville Chamberlain had more in common with Hitler than Pilsudski.
    No Pilsudski had more in common with Hitler than Chamberlain. I can clearly see you know not much on Chamberlain. Where did you learn he was a Nazi? Go on Wikipedia.

I thought that I expressed it clearly in the previous post:I don't really consider all British people "extremely racist". I was just imitating the plain stupid way of thinking of justinius, who says Polish people are racist.I've just proved that on the same basis on which he concluded Polish people racist (so no basis at all), we can also conclude British people as racist.
    That is a horrible excuse. I said it is weird that Poland is relatively racist as told to me by Polish friends because you were saying a country couldn't be generally racist and it happened to be about the country we were discussing. Then you go on about how everybody in Britain is racist and how Germany nowadays is way more racist and aggressive than Poland which is totally false and then think I'm German or British for some reason. No you can't conclude Britain as racist and that's not why you did it; another excuse.
    It's generally known among Poles (immigrants) who come here that citizens are much more say open than in their previous country. Aslo we must take into account that 90% of Poles are native to the country and therefore not immigrants. I have no idea how much visible minorities account for.

I would have to say the Japanese. There ideologies mixed with there incredible training and tactics created one hell of a fighting machine. You can compare that of a Marine Raider, Waffen SS to that of many Japanese regulars. Marines have said that the Japanese were some crack shots hitting Marines with precise accuracy from up to 600 yards away while they were running and dodging. I highly respect the Japanese soldier for there steadfastness and endurance to keep on fighting long after WWII had ended.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

I thought that I expressed it clearly in the previous post:

I don't really consider all British people "extremely racist". I was just imitating the plain stupid way of thinking of justinius, who says Polish people are racist.

I've just proved that on the same basis on which he concluded Polish people racist (so no basis at all), we can also conclude British people as racist.
    Oh right, my bad. I really need to read what people write

I said it is weird that Poland is relatively racist as told to me by Polish friends
    Oh right, so still a generalisation nonetheless. The fact that your "Polish friends" said it doesn't make it any more valid either. You can't generalise an entire group of people, since everyone is different. There's quite a lot of racism in my school but it doesn't mean that "British people are racist", it just means that those people who take part in doing such a thing are.

Quote Originally Posted by Master&Commander View Post
    I would have to say the Japanese. There ideologies mixed with there incredible training and tactics created one hell of a fighting machine. You can compare that of a Marine Raider, Waffen SS to that of many Japanese regulars. Marines have said that the Japanese were some crack shots hitting Marines with precise accuracy from up to 600 yards away while they were running and dodging. I highly respect the Japanese soldier for there steadfastness and endurance to keep on fighting long after WWII had ended.
    I have to say that I also respect the bravery and militarism of the Japanese soldiers, but they didn't perform particularly well in the battles in the Pacific. I have probably not watched the stats from every single landbattle between them and Americans, but from the many I have collected statistics from, the exchange of casualties was roughly 3:1 in the Americans' favor. I do, however, lean to think that this has to a significant degree to do with being inadequately armed and supplied, by European standards, but an army's armament has very much to do with its ability to perform.

I thought that I expressed it clearly in the previous post:

I don't really consider all British people "extremely racist". I was just imitating the plain stupid way of thinking of justinius, who says Polish people are racist.

I've just proved that on the same basis on which he concluded Polish people racist (so no basis at all), we can also conclude British people as racist.
    The bad things people have said about Poland etc, do you think it has anything to do with the current partys elected in Polands goverment which has more in common with the USA than perhaps most of Europe ?
    People will say things and steriotypes of a country because of thats countrys politics, goverment, foreign policy and Leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    While their equipment was pretty much inferior to the Soviet equipment throught out the war?
    Especially Finlands tanks. Amazing how well they did despite very little armor and outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Especially Finlands tanks. Amazing how well they did despite very little armor and outnumbered.
    Well, keep in mind that Finland used many looted Russian tanks, and in 1943-1944 they also received 59 StuG III Ausf.Gs from Germany. But all in all they were of course first and foremost an infantry-based army, with nowhere near as many tanks as any of the major powers.

Actually they did well against enemy infantry but didn't perform very well against Soviet tanks - but there was only one tanks vs tank combat during the Winter War:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Honkaniemi

I can see that you everything you say supports Poland in the best way. You have no sources neither by the way. I think that if we're conversing you should know this basic information as anything else. Your bias tells you these are stupid theories. They're only stupid in your eyes. Go on Wikipedia and check.

Ok, then all Polish history books are biased and we should learn our own real history from the mighty English Wikipedia.

Thanks for the discussion.

And by the way - you are from the USA?
    Last edited by Domen123; April 06, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Actually they did well against enemy infantry but didn't perform very well against Soviet tanks - but there was only one tanks vs tank combat during the Winter War:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Honkaniemi
    I think he is talking about the continuation war.The most modern of what Finnish army had at that time of Soviet grand summer assault of 1944 were 29 Stug III´s. 59 were ordered. 30 came in time for the summer 1944 and one was put into spare parts. These 29 Stug´s claimed 87 Soviet kills, with loss of 8 vehicles.

Apart from that Finnish armoured Brigade had in her two heavy companies total of 2 KV-1´S, 3 T-34´s and 7 T-28´s. Rest of the armour were lighter and obsolete T-26´s and BT´s. If you compare that with 800 modern tanks at the time Soviets massed against Finnish. The odd´s become very clear.

Yes, but claimed doesn't mean that they really did that, as tank kill claims were extremely inaccurate:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...64455#p1448212

On the other hand, those 8 lost StuGs probably refer only to irrecoverable losses, not including those knocked out which could be repaired or rebuilt:

Yes, but claimed doesn't mean that they really did that, as tank kill claims were extremely inaccurate:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...64455#p1448212

On the other hand, those 8 lost StuGs probably refer only to irrecoverable losses, not including those knocked out which could be repaired or rebuilt:
    Ofcourse claimed kills are usually overclaimed as thats what they are claims. Maybe you should present us a figure how many kills Soviets claimed during the summer 1944 campaign?Just for the trivia during battle of Kuuterselkä Soviets claimed that they destroyed more then 40 Finnish armour.Which would have pretty much meant they had destroyed the entire armoured force of Finland. Still for some strange reason the Finnish armoured division was still fighting pretty much intact at the victorious battles of Tali - Ihantala and Vuosalmi. While if you want to go to see.The KV´s and T-34´s used during those days are now preserved in armour museum of Parola, Hämeenlinna.

http://www.panssarimuseo.fi/kehys-e.html

Doesnt still change a bit the fact that Finland could mount the huge number of 2 remotely modern heavy tanks and 10 medium tanks (while 7 of those outdated T-28´s)+ less then 30 assault guns against the 800 Soviet ones.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; April 06, 2010 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    Oh right, so still a generalisation nonetheless. The fact that your "Polish friends" said it doesn't make it any more valid either. You can't generalise an entire group of people, since everyone is different. There's quite a lot of racism in my school but it doesn't mean that "British people are racist", it just means that those people who take part in doing such a thing are.
    Relatively is not a generalisation in Poland's case. That's what my friends told me.

lol: http://www.polishforums.com/society-...le-racist-569/

Ok, then all Polish history books are biased and we should learn our own real history from the mighty English Wikipedia.Thanks for the discussion.And by the way - you are from the USA?
    I never said they were all biased and you didn't have any sources for the date. It's the history of Czech people too by the way and I suggested Wikipedia which confirmed my date. Simple as that and no I'm not American.
    Last edited by justinius; April 06, 2010 at 07:41 AM.

Relatively is not a generalisation in Poland's case. That's what my friends told me.

lol: http://www.polishforums.com/society-...le-racist-569/
    So you're saying every single Polish person is racist. That's, umm... very accurate

So you're saying every single Polish person is racist. That's, umm... very accurate
    Did you not just read my post or are you talking about the link?????

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    Did you not just read my post or are you talking about the link?????
    All you've said is "Polish people are racist" and have attempted to justify that by saying that your Polish friends told you that.

All you've said is "Polish people are racist" and have attempted to justify that by saying that your Polish friends told you that.
    No that's what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    No that's what you think.
    In which case, I insist, tell me what you're trying to say.

I'm gonna say the German forces and Polish forces....

German forces because of superiority in numbers, good discipline, and good organization.

Polish forces because of better equipment at the start of the war, biggest and most successful resistance groups during WW2, Poland's government continued to function after the occupation of its borders (unlike many other countries), and because I'm Polish.

✠ ✠ ✠ A Mount & Blade: Warband Mod ✠ ✠ ✠
    ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ http://thedeluge.net/en/ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub von Elk View Post
    I'm gonna say the German forces and Polish forces....

German forces because of superiority in numbers, good discipline, and good organization.

Polish forces because of better equipment at the start of the war, biggest and most successful resistance groups during WW2, Poland's government continued to function after the occupation of its borders (unlike many other countries), and because I'm Polish.
    You could have just said that.

For those who think Poland's army was outdated, here you go:

P.S. Please don't make a fool of your self and start making remarks about Polish Cavalry charging Tanks with sabers, you should know thats a myth, and that Polish Cavalry in WW2 trippled as shock cavalry, dragoons, and horse artillery (as each regiment was armed with about 2-3 anti-tank 115mm artillery pieces). I highly recommend you watch "Hubal" the story of a man the Germans called the "Insane Major" for his cavalry tactics.

If you want to believe this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8kmKrKUNP8
    ...you should be banging your head on a wall, the movie is obviously propaganda since part of it is filmed from behind the Polish lines!

✠ ✠ ✠ A Mount & Blade: Warband Mod ✠ ✠ ✠
    ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ http://thedeluge.net/en/ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠