Thread: How to extract audio from MTW1

Default How to extract audio from MTW1

As above, will the current IDX extractor work with MTW1 CD?

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: How to extract audio from MTW1

Hi Macrick,

It sounds like you got a later version of MTW, is it dvd perhaps (Era-edition?)? In order for you to get the sound from MTW, just install the full game, then all the audio files will be gathered in the “Sounds”-folder (located in the same folder as the .EXE-file). All the audio are in .wave-format so there should be little problem for you to do whatever you have planned for ‘em after that. I find it very hard to believe that CA has actually rewritten the game-program thus making it possible for the audio files to be in any other format than that (.wave). What you might have problems with is that they might compressed on the disc(s) (I don’t know, I don’t got any Era-edition or dvd version).

Make it easy for yourself and just install the game and then you have the all audio files at your mercy… It will not be any faster trying to copying or extracting (possibly compressed files?) directly from the install-disc (ok, maybe 5 gigantic extra minutes if you are really picky, it all depends on your hardware. ). Hell, you can uninstall the game later if you must….

- Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Hi Macrick,

It sounds like you got a later version of MTW, is it dvd perhaps (Era-edition?)? In order for you to get the sound from MTW, just install the full game, then all the audio files will be gathered in the “Sounds”-folder (located in the same folder as the .EXE-file). All the audio are in .wave-format so there should be little problem for you to do whatever you have planned for ‘em after that. I find it very hard to believe that CA has actually rewritten the game-program thus making it possible for the audio files to be in any other format than that (.wave). What you might have problems with is that they might compressed on the disc(s) (I don’t know, I don’t got any Era-edition or dvd version).

Make it easy for yourself and just install the game and then you have the all audio files at your mercy… It will not be any faster trying to copying or extracting (possibly compressed files?) directly from the install-disc (ok, maybe 5 gigantic extra minutes if you are really picky, it all depends on your hardware. ). Hell, you can uninstall the game later if you must….

- Cheers
    Hi Axalon,

thank you so much for the info!

That's what was real nice about MTW