Page 100 of 132 FirstFirst ... 507590919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110125 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2640

Thread: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Default Re: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Hey Gig, smee again.
    Is there a way to make Geomod work fullscreen or at least in a larger window? It's a shame it uses only a quarter of my screen (22", 1680x1050).

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's not possible, I believe it has to do something with the basic programming and how it displays. Or something to that effect, sinople explained it somewhere in this thread.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You cannot have values higher then 20 as you cannot have more units then that in one stack.

See page 32 in the manual for more details.
    Thanks for the advice,

but the two entries definetly define how many units the entire faction gets when hording.

The ratio of how many units per stack is defined in the

horde_max_percent_army_stack x

value.

This is easily testable ingame. When you set the values

horde_min_units 100
    horde_max_units 200

you get a horde that consists of 100-200 units in total.

Therefore it would be nice if this could be corrected in Geomod because it's annoying to do it manually everytime after saving.

Blog Entries

Guess I got that mixed up. For the time being Sinople isn't working on a further edition of the tool, best would be to make a copy of the descr_sm_factiom and use that one when ever you wan to play. Sorry.

Kuroi's Avatar Civis

I've got a big problem with this tool. It's very useful and rather easy in use, but as I was editing map of HRSM mod I had a very big problem. All capitals moved northwards. So for example capital of HRE moved to Hamburg, English to York and French to Bruges. I've got backup of descr_strat, so I can change it back, but what can I do, so it won't happen again? Because I do not want to stop using it, this tool makes mapping so much easier and more enjoyable, but If I'll have to fix all capitals every time I use it, it won't make any sense.

What can I do?

EDIT: Another thing. After I used this tool all non playable factions(like Aztecs, Papal States or Mongols) won the campaign, because they don't have any winning condition. I can get rid of that just by giving them something to accomplish, but I'm surprised why does it happen.
    Last edited by Kuroi; November 27, 2011 at 05:06 AM.

This is gonna probably sound weird. But I am interested in this tool, but not to really edit total war maps.

I was wondering if it'd be able to be used a general "map maker" for a 3D map that I'd just want as an image?

Blog Entries

@Kuroi

You will have to sort the regions in Geomod so that the capital region is the first in the list. See the manual, page 17 "Setting the faction's capital"

@RyuAzai

I would presume that this would be regular screenshot of the campaign map (the image you talk about)? In that case it will certainly help.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Hey Gigantus,

is there any way to make Geomod acknowledge custom cultures resp. changed culture names.. because atm it always resets fort cultures to vanilla MTW2 cultures.

Hey i got a problem guys, whenever i try to create a new region for SS, the geomod crash an nothing more, here is the report of windows for the crash:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    <DATABASE>
    <EXE NAME="Geomod.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="Geomod.exe" SIZE="451584" CHECKSUM="0xCBF06C06" BIN_FILE_VERSION="0.6.18.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="0.6.18.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="0.6.18" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Modding tool for M2TW" PRODUCT_NAME="Geomod" FILE_VERSION="0.6.18" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="geomod.pb" INTERNAL_NAME="Geomod" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Freeware" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x0" VERFILETYPE="0x0" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="0.6.18.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="0.6.18.0" LINK_DATE="10/20/2009 11:04:53" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/20/2009 11:04:53" VER_LANGUAGE="Procesar idioma predeterminado [0x400]" />
    </EXE>
    <EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1042944" CHECKSUM="0x8B19B2F6" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" FILE_DESCRIPTION="DLL de cliente API BASE de Windows NT" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Sistema operativo Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.090321-1317)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Reservados todos los derechos." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x101E85" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:08:18" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:08:18" VER_LANGUAGE="Español (alfabetización internacional) [0xc0a]" />
    </EXE>
    </DATABASE>

I dont have problems in deleting or uniting regions, the only problem is whenever i try to create a new region (of course i have to deleted some to dont reach the cap of 199 i guess).Please help

Blog Entries

@Deutschland
    Geomod is not set up to acknowledge custom forts, the variable is not given - instead the full vanilla names are referenced, otherwise custom cultures from descr_cultures get accepted afaik.

@GeneralJhon
    Please test if you can save with Geomod BEFORE making any changes to check your changes responsible or the original map files.
    Make a note of the percentage displayed when Geomod crashes and then look up the possible reason in the manual.

This happens whenever i try to save and it stop at 1% so its a rebel problem, perhaps to much settlements for the rebels? il try to add it to another faction thanks =D.

PD: BTW Gigantus, when i unite regions i got an error next to the radar map, i dont know why is the problem

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by GeneralJhon; December 09, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries

For a possible fix of the rebel error, see the "Various Sub tab" chapter (page 21) in the manual and check the 'rebels' paragraph. It is highly possible that one of your regions has got a wrong or missing rebel faction entry.
    This error should also show up in the game's log - but will not be fatal.

Your 'error' on the map is simply the radar map restriction. Most mods remove this via the script (restrict_strat_radar false) straight from beginning. If this restriction then shows up it means that there is an error preventing the script to run. Probably a domino effect from your other error, there is a chance that this is in the game log as well.

Hello there, ihave checked and now i cant even change the name of a province: The city of Pisa is in the region of Tuscany so i wanted to change that region and when i change the name and validate and save, it crash at 1% again. So the relation of rebel i dont know i dont fin any relation, what do you think?

Blog Entries

The Geomod Tool is a grammar Nazi - you might make small spelling mistakes and the game will ignore it, but the tool needs the correct formatting and spelling.

jakerslake's Avatar Libertus
    in Wilmington, NC, USA - till' the angels cry and we return again to the Great City on the Bosphorus

Where can I find the 'Information Maps' as mentioned in the manual to help with getting correct Population Size and Town Level?

Blog Entries

See the manual, page 8, "Generating of maps"

jakerslake's Avatar Libertus
    in Wilmington, NC, USA - till' the angels cry and we return again to the Great City on the Bosphorus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    See the manual, page 8, "Generating of maps"
    oh wow thanks. sorry about that, I usually read through these things first, but.....
    Oh and there is a region limit isn't there? I'm up to 180 something with half to map to go.

Blog Entries

Limit is 200 including the sea region(s) - Geomod will let you know if you try to exceed that, but I am not sure if the tool counts the sea regions.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

ok guys i have problem... donwloaded the tool, and installed it...

when i run it it asks me to select a mod_folder and i do that. i go Medieval2 > mods > Third_Age_3

then the tool starts to extract ot whatever it does. at around 70% it says:

Impossible to find the external name of unit Scythed Chariot
    Impossible to find the description of unit Scythed Chariot
    then it also says that mordor family tree is corpted and that program will close.

note: i haven't changed any of those files in question...

thnx

Blog Entries

TATW has been a problem in previous versions (of the mod) due to the use of custom forts and some formatting errors (affecting Geomod, not the game).

The errors about 'Scythed Chariot' should be because the unit is listed in the EDU but has not entry in export_units - it's not fatal and a dummy entry in export_units will fix that alert.
    The corrupt family tree is a bit of a problem, for that you would have to have a look at the entries in descr_strat for that faction. It probably works perfectly well in TATW but is a problem for Geomod to process properly.

I am still downloading TATW 3.0, so you would have to compress and attach the necessary files here. A list of those files can be found in my manual. Files not included in the mod can be omitted in your submission - I will add the necessary 'vanilla' files.