Page 127 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2777102117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2640

Thread: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Default Re: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Ill give that a shot and see if it works.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Once your validated and saved version works well in the game it should be smooth sailing.
    Beware of the historic_event file peculiarity when starting a game (see manual) and always place new rebel armies first as the regular faction (the sub faction you intend), validate and THEN turn them into rebels, validate again. Never found out why directly placing rebel armies plays havoc with saving.

Okay i went and validated every existing entry and made no other changes.

Still just boots me back to the single player menu. Im wondering if this has something to do with how DAC/TATW ordered theyre own files.

Blog Entries

The error should be well documented in the log - have a look. It's definitely something in the descr_strat file before the tool saves it. Did you remove the fort section before working with the tool?
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 24, 2018 at 12:12 AM.

Dammit i thought i only had to do that to re-add the forts afterwards. Okay ill do that, then go back and re-do all the validating.... Okay do you have any idea why every section handled validating differently?

Blog Entries

For as long as you work with Geomod you should simply keep the fort section in a back up file. Once you are up and running you can add it back - possible pitfall: if you change region borders then a fort might get placed into a different region which may cause an error.

Tip: when you validate the regions, do so with the various tab activated (see pic). The first four lines MUST have an entry (music can be blank), sometimes typos get ignored by the game but they mess around the tool.

Another tip: before saving change to the 'city' tab simply scroll down the region list, keeping an eye on the 'religion total' figure - it has to be 100! And there always have to be co-ordinates in the two fields for the city (shouldn't happen with a working map, more an issue with developing a map).

Okay is (none) an entry? DAC has a lot of regions without merc pools so that may be whats been causing problems. If it is im going to murder someone for two hours i wasted both times i went through just validating files.

For clarity: All regions have to attach to a mercenary pool?

Edit: Okay that wasn't it. Seriously, I hadn't edited anything and even now that all regions are tied to a mercenary pool the thing wont work.
    Last edited by Impaller; March 24, 2018 at 07:21 AM.

Blog Entries

(none) is a valid entry for the mercenary pool.

Can you upload the required files (compressed) before you edit them? An easy upload would be the files from the mod's root directory, the data\text folder plus the world folder. Maybe I can spot something that might cause Geomod to fail saving properly.

These are the unedited backups i had saved, sorry about the sub file names.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Two quick things (still need to confirm):

I believe Geomod uses a different value for farming_level and famine_threat (fort and tower entries), 5 I think, hence I would suggest to remove the towers as well or correct the values with a simple search\replace action.

Not sure about the 'protectorate_of' entry in the faction_standings either. You can safely temporarily remove that section as well.

I'll try what happens when I remove the complete end from the faction standings onward.

Edit: found the following and corrected it:

Eastfold Region has 106 religion
    Lake Evendim has 105 religion
    Springs of Khand has 105 religion
    Steppes of the Wainriders has 95 religion
    Western Gathod has 106 religion
    Middle Vales has 101 religion
    Ithilien has 101 religion
    Lugiu has 98 religion
    Beorn's Woods has 101 religion
    Western Numeriador has 106 religion
    Vinya Forostar has 105 religion
    Forest of Rhûn has 95 religion
    Western Khand has 102 religion

Spawning pool has no military AI setting
    Dark Lord of Mordor has no AI setting at all
    Reunited Kingdom has no AI setting at all

Not corrected:

Impossible to associate a first name to the character 'Ishaq'! Non fatal - it's this line in descr_strat, the name is treated as first name but is not anywhere in descr_names (should be in slave faction, first names section), it's present in text\names:

character sub_faction russia, Ishaq, general, male, age 23, x 279, y 129

I have added back the standing and fort\tower section after saving, the download has the corrected descr_regions (religions) and descr_strat (updated AI settings) files. The files appear to have generated properly - let me know if it worked. Don't forget to delete map.rwm before trying.

Edit2: underneath a fort\tower entry generated by the tool, it does use zero as value for famine etc
    Code:
    region Nottingham_Province

farming_level 0
    famine_threat 0

watchtower[TAB]109 157
    fort[TAB]109 159 stone_fort_a culture northern_european
    Highlighted use of tab instead of space
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 25, 2018 at 12:51 AM.

Tried it with and without towers/forts, still wont work.

However i didnt edit the farming values, ill try that and see what happens.

Edit: No effect.
    Last edited by Impaller; March 25, 2018 at 01:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Did you use the files that I uploaded? I can't test because I haven't got DaC installed.

I did, i used it for testing the towers/forts.

Blog Entries

Please check the log for error messages and post them here, the descr_strat file is looking fine where formatting is concerned.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 25, 2018 at 06:23 AM.

ITs not crashing so im not getting error logs.

However on a somewhat interesting note I placed your edited files and then ran the game without using Geomod and it also booted me back tot he singleplayer menu. Could something have gotten removed in the conversion?

Blog Entries

The files I uploaded are edited with Geomod.

Are you saying you managed to edit the files using the tool and it works now?

No im saying the files you edited also caused the game to stop working, even though all the other files where untouched. Did geomod remove anything other than the forts?
    Last edited by Impaller; March 25, 2018 at 09:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Then, PLEASE, have a look into the crash log and copy the lines with [error] in them here. Anything else is a waste of time by now.

I seem to remember that DaC creates a log in the 'logs' sub folder of the game (not the mod).

16:19:05.088 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:19:05.088 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    16:19:05.088 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:19:05.104 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:19:05.104 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:19:05.104 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:19:05.104 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:19:05.104 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:19:07.851 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15782, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scripts (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    16:19:07.851 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15782, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    16:19:07.852 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15782, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    16:19:07.852 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15782, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction khand (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction united (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    16:19:07.853 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15782, column 33
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    16:19:07.853 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15782, column 33
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    16:19:08.071 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 8626, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(ThorinsHallsConqueror) level(Thorins_Halls_Capturer_effects_desc).
    16:19:08.071 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 8651, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(ThorinsHallsPlunderer) level(Thorins_Halls_Looter_effects_desc).
    16:19:08.071 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 8675, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(CarnDumConqueror) level(Carn_Dum_Capturer_effects_desc).
    16:19:08.071 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_chara

Thanks, i looked it up and it said it was in the data store, you where right it was in the games own folder.