Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 21 71 96 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2410

Thread: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Default Re: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Hey, first off, thanks for all your work.

When I double click Bare Geomod after opening Geomod I get this error message:

"The following file is untraceable: data\text\historic_events.txt.strings.bin

The program will exit now."

Gigantus's Avatar Sometimes the easiest way to get your wife to do something is to simply suggest she is too old to do it any more.
    Artifex

Blog Entries

The file is missing in your mod - check the [M2TW installation]\tools\Geomod\M2TW_files\data\text folder and copy the file into your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The file is missing in your mod - check the [M2TW installation]\tools\Geomod\M2TW_files\data\text folder and copy the file into your mod.
    That worked. Thank you very much!

One more question, did I do something wrong if Bare Geomod won't run in fullscreen mode?

Gigantus's Avatar Sometimes the easiest way to get your wife to do something is to simply suggest she is too old to do it any more.
    Artifex

Blog Entries

There is a setting in BG's CFG file that you may have to adjust:
    Code:
    [video]
    movies = 0
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1
    #battle_resolution = 1920 1080
    #campaign_resolution = 1920 1080
    #tga_width = 1920
    #tga_aspect = 1.9
    You can either set 'windowed' to 0 (zero) or you can adjust the resolution numbers to your desktop resolution and remove the hash sign in front of the lines.
    Set 'movies' to 1 (one ) if you wish to see the intro movies.
    The last two lines are related to taking screenshots, for more details about that see here.

thanks again! Something else popped up. When I hit start to begin a new campaign it crashes. Here's the last bit of the log when it crashed. I can't figure out how to upload the whole .txt file. (There's a lot)

07:26:18.689 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    07:26:18.689 [system.io] [trace] file open,,15018398,2751
    07:26:18.689 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    07:26:19.544 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

I fixed a few things but now it just gets stuck while loading the campaign and then kicks me out to main menu

Artifex

Blog Entries

1. If this is about your mod and not thee Geomod tool then please open a thread in the mapping workshop
    2. Long TXT files can be easily compressed (7Zip is freeware) and then attached here via the Go Advanced option, else upload at a service of your choice and provide the link
    3. Always describe what you have done since last your mod worked - that will make bug hunting easier.

So I downloaded it and installed it and when I click on it to run it it brings up a small window saying Browse for Folder, what folder is that supposed to be? I've tried looking on the thread, but I'm the brightest person and couldn't find it, so to help me could you just tell me the name of the folder?

Artifex

Blog Entries

The manual will be most helpful.