Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 67 92 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2340

Thread: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Default Re: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Can somewhone please help? i edited grand campaign and when i added norwich region every time i go to faction selection igame it jumps me back to main menu so when i click ''start'' it doesnt start it trows me back to main menu of game,idk why this happens i dont have any crashed but i simply cant start game in menu idk why
    -nottingham region had port in norwich region so i moved it
    -i placed city and port
    -i set town level,core building paladise walls thingy
    -i moved princess and cardinal becose they start there and i moved them to London region
    but still this dosent work every time i try to add region or edit it i can open main menu of game but cant ''start'' campaign
    i also added rebel captain in city location this means he will automaticly be garrisoned there idk why i cant just start the campaign but still not have any crashes

A jump back to the menu can have severals reasons but those errors generally appears in your system log, look in it, it should tell you what you did wrong.

Since you put a rebel army in your settlement, did you set the ownership of the town to the slave faction?

even without rebel army it still dosent work i tried everything and yes its set to owner rebel and if creator is set england/rebels dosent matter becose it dosent work
    how to check system log?

Sorry, i should have said where to find system log, it is in your medieval 2 total war/logs directory.
    My best bet would be that the settlement could not be created because of a problem in descr_strat, or maybe a problem in mercenaries file. The log should tell you anyways.
    Just to be sure, open your configuration.cfg with notepad+, or whathever is called the cfg file in mod/modname directory, and make sure there are those lines:

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * error

If they are not, put them in, relaunch your mod, and once you have experienced a other jump back, the log will say what is wrong.

Im not mapping mod im mapping grand campaign is there way to copy grand campaign to the mod to make it easyer to map it and have backup always?

Quote Originally Posted by Peka View Post
    Im not mapping mod im mapping grand campaign is there way to copy grand campaign to the mod to make it easyer to map it and have backup always?
    the thing is im sharing these edited campaigs with friends so i make for example a challenge and make save and then send it and edit another challenge becose it dosent matter how much your edit map your save files will always be there to be used so you can have a set of saves with different maps

Look at this link, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...13#post7203913

You will find download links for bare geomod, a base installation that allows you to mod the grand campaign without changing the original files, as it is said in some tutorials around, it is NEVER a good idea to mess with original files.

I would have said sooner, but using the geomod tool, i thought you knew about it and were using a mod folder.

If you only own medieval 2, then beware to use the 1.11 version for medieval 2 only.
    If you have kingdoms expansions, use the 1.15 version for it. Using the kingdoms.exe with the grand campaign or any other mods is better, as it allows you more features to implement in your mod.

If you want to do more than adding settlement, i suggest you take a look at tutorials list: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools
    A true golden mine. Don't forget the geomod manual also: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=360228

Oh, and since you did mess with your original files, it would be better to reinstall your game.

Your friends should also use bare geomod for your challenges. Good Luck.

ok so i installe bare and i got the mapping as usual then i got same problem with kicking me back to main menu and log says this
    21:06:40.590 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 17, column 5
    can't setup slave faction as the default faction for this region, (england)
    21:07:53.433 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 325, column 1
    Cannot create a general/admiral character without an army/navy.
    first one idk what it means but second is also weird,i deleted denmark's navy but maybe admiral name is still in descr start on something

Gigantus's Avatar I hate it when I'm about to hug someone really sexy and my face hits the mirror.
    Artifex

Blog Entries

ok so i installe bare and i got the mapping as usual then i got same problem with kicking me back to main menu and log says this
    21:06:40.590 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 17, column 5
    can't setup slave faction as the default faction for this region, (england)
    This will be the third line in that region's entry - which is the 'creator' entry. You can use any faction other then slave. More details about region entries here.

21:07:53.433 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 325, column 1
    Cannot create a general/admiral character without an army/navy.
    first one idk what it means but second is also weird,i deleted denmark's navy but maybe admiral name is still in descr start on something
    A characters entry (general\admiral) requires at least one unit attached to it (it's body guard). If you want to delete the navy you have to delete the complete character entry:
    Code:
    character    Jon Arneborg, admiral, male, age 24, x 132, y 160 
    traits sailor 1 
    army
    unit        longboat                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0  <--- 'body guard'
    Fix both errors and you should be fine

Member of the H.E.L.P. Project

i cant delete him becose he dosent exist in desp_start..........

in my map i deleted all admirals there are only 2 factions,rebels and there is no text for admirals in desp_strat so idk wth is this

The only way i could reproduce your error and fix it, was by having a general/captain/admiral characters without a army, check each of these characters and make sure they do have a army.

You don't need to delete anything.

Gigantus's Avatar I hate it when I'm about to hug someone really sexy and my face hits the mirror.
    Artifex

Blog Entries

in my map i deleted all admirals there are only 2 factions,rebels and there is no text for admirals in desp_strat so idk wth is this
    I didn't know how your descr_strat file looked like - that was an example I posted. You will have to look in line 325 of your descr_strat to see which entry is meant.

Well after fixing alot of errors and mapping i finaly made something..
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/29406ir.jpg
    Thx so much for all help!

Edit Gig: changed to IMG code for direct viewing

Last edited by Gigantus; June 12, 2015 at 12:42 AM.

Artifex

Blog Entries

Looking good!

Tip on ports - using Geomod you can remove land pixels (height map, replace with water) where the ports of Arhus, Kiel and Schwerin are situated (use the settlements and ports overlay to determine the exact position). That way they will have all four pillars in the water like port of Copenhagen.

hello. I need help how to can expand the map. You can only for me how to can expand it be not. I need video or image about tutorial of mod

Hello. I wanted to edit mod Rusichi 2 with Geomod, but I can't even launch it - when I try to, it just freezes on 79%. I read that 79% is must be descr_strat file, but what exactly causes freeze, I have no idea. I just want to remove some trees on the campaign map, lol. Can I somehow launch it without descr_strat file? Or probably someone knows any other way to edit campaign map?

Artifex

Blog Entries

It's most likely a small formatting error (very likely resources) that the game ignores - Geomod is a bit more rigid.

Make a back up of the descr_strat file and then first check if the top has a faction list that contains these elements:

Code:
    playable
        england
        france
        hre
        spain
        venice
        sicily
        milan
        scotland
        byzantium
        russia
        moors
        turks
        egypt
        denmark
        portugal
        poland
        hungary
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
        papal_states
        aztecs
        mongols
        timurids
        slave
    end
    Most mods do not have the unlockable end set - Geomod requires it. Simply add it between end and nonplayable.

If that is not the problem then delete the complete resources listing, entries look like this:
    Code:
    resource    coal,    24,    179
    resource    tobacco,    16,    179
    This usually takes care of most 79% freezes.

One suggestion - do not use Geomod in your original mod, if there is another error and you save it might totally scramble your original files. The safest way is to install my Bare Geomod set up and then copy over all text files in the data folder, the text and the (complete) world folder.
    Once you have successfully change your forest and saved you can simply copy the map_ground_types files to Rusischi and delete the map.rwm there to force your new map to be generated.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2015 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's most likely a small formatting error (very likely resources) that the game ignores - Geomod is a bit more rigid.

Make a back up of the descr_strat file and then first check if the top has a faction list that contains these elements:

Code:
    playable
        england
        france
        hre
        spain
        venice
        sicily
        milan
        scotland
        byzantium
        russia
        moors
        turks
        egypt
        denmark
        portugal
        poland
        hungary
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
        papal_states
        aztecs
        mongols
        timurids
        slave
    end
    Most mods do not have the unlockable end set - Geomod requires it. Simply add it between end and nonplayable.

If that is not the problem then delete the complete resources listing, entries look like this:
    Code:
    resource    coal,    24,    179
    resource    tobacco,    16,    179
    This usually takes care of most 79% freezes.

One suggestion - do not use Geomod in your original mod, if there is another error and you save it might totally scramble your original files. The safest way is to install my Bare Geomod set up and then copy over all text files in the data folder, the text and the (complete) world folder.
    Once you have successfully change your forest and saved you can simply copy the map_ground_types files to Rusischi and delete the map.rwm there to force your new map to be generated.
    I deleted all resources from descr_strat, edited the map, saved it as you said, and started a game. And everything is working now! You have my eternal gratitude, thank you very much.

Artifex

Blog Entries