Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 68 93 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
Results 2,341 to 2,358 of 2358

Thread: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Default Re: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Hello,is there anyway to replace ENTIRE map's ground types with all grass(medium fertility) very fast as well as heigts all to 14/14/14 level,since brush size is very small i tried rezizing map to be much smaller but not much luck with that,i know there is notepad that actaully makes every ground with certain letters and each letter has their own gound type and heigts depending on notepad you chosen,and then if i replace everything with that letter for medium ferillity will it actually work? If so i just want to know what letter is actaully medium fertility and what letter heigts is 14/14/14,if it dosent work that how to make map smaller? resizing dosent seem to work

Gigantus's Avatar Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.
    Artifex

Blog Entries

For extensive work I would recommend to use a graphic editor like the GIMP (text based editing is not possible) - Geomod is designed only for detail work where the map layout is concerned. The files (map_heights and map_ground_types) are in the data\world\maps\base folder of the mod you are editing.

Member of the H.E.L.P. Project

For some reason when i try to put my mouse on the map it pushes it straight down to the meditteranian and wont let me move it anywhere else but off the map, how do i fix this?

Gigantus's Avatar Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.
    Artifex

Blog Entries

First time ever I heard about this. No idea what's causing this.

doesnt seem to work with any map not even bare geomod

Artifex

Blog Entries

I am crossing fingers for my question: Are you running Win10?

If so then it may take some time before this can be addressed, I am still waiting for my installation.
    If not, then try to run it in compatibility mode.

i am on windows 8 so i guess ill try compatibility mode

yeah, i tried compatibility and running as administrator but it didnt work, the only problem is that it wont let me put my mouse on the map to draw or anything idk what could cause it

is there way to copy factions from for example british isles and put them in baremod data so when you edit baremod with geomod those factions pop up the factions list,those factions can be found if you copy all data from britania to baremod,what are files that hold actaul factions? i tried like map_wales vsc_wales vs_wales but still it didnt show up on the list where you chose things like playable/family/AI And did you rename Rebels to Minor Factions very easyly? if so can you rename all factions as well?

Artifex

Blog Entries

There is a copy of the required brittania files in the ...\Medieval II Total War\tools\Geomod\M2TW_files\mods folder.

If you want to transfer factions then have a look into the tutorial section, you will have to do that manually. One basic way of doing that is here. It describes adding a faction, which is the same principle.

im having this weird error where if i rezise map,baremod wont open,even if get back to original cordinates what it was at vanila,game always crashes if i touch rezizing map

Artifex

Blog Entries

If memory serves you need to remove characters and resources manually before resizing.

i remove every character,replacing eveything with sea region,removing every resource,so im not sure why would it constantly crash,baremod has been working nice but no matter how much times i reinstall m2tw it keeps crashing constantly when i select a faction and click start game.Not sure what go wrong with it,i reinstalled everything and every mod,and i unpacked files,but baremod still stops working how it supposed to be.

Artifex

Blog Entries

There is no need to re-install M2TW - the error will be with your modded files. I hope you have them in a mods folder and that you are keeping back ups?
    The reason why it crashes when you start the mod could be invalid regions in the win_conditions file.

Welcome to Viking Age!

http://postimg.org/image/e7sf93p73/

Northumbrya and Norwick under pagan religion with Denmark and Norway are about to invade Britannia! Scotland has been invaded by Norway and Wales are arleady getting overhelmed by vikings,Kingdom of Friese are also going to be invaded,either vassaled or conqored,Meanwhile,Duchy of Normandy and Duchy of Brittany are building up their own forces to invade Britania as well! Pagan or Chistianity,one faith will remain.

Artifex

Blog Entries

Glad to hear you finally sorted out your problem!

I can see that you need to sort out your radar map - have look in this tutorial, can't remember exactly which page that is handled.

Chiming in for the mouse problem. Can't mouse over anything in the map window, it pushes the cursor away. Win 8.1, GeForce 353.82.

Artifex

Blog Entries

I think Microsoft is throwing curve balls here. Recently (after using win7 for a long time) I am getting this error message:

Luckily the program still runs once I click 'OK'