Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 85 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Results 2,181 to 2,199 of 2199

Thread: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Gigantus's Avatar I got caught taking a pee in the swimming pool today. The lifeguard shouted at me so loud, I nearly fell in.
    Artifex

Default Re: Geomod Tool for Mapping

You have to work with the crusader files on their own - you cannot run them by copying them into the bare geomod folder.
    After editing you need to copy them into the mods\crusades folder and then use a BAT\CFG file set (like other mods) to start crusades.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Princeps Prior

Dear Gigantus I have a minor problemo. There is a settlement X on my map, to which I want to change the ownership. I do it fine with Geomod than validate and save. The game loads up without any problem. But as soon as I zoom or click on the settlement there is a ctd, without any specific error in the log. But if I give the settlement to the rebel faction and I click on the settlement everything seems to be fine. I am not happy with this as I am afraid that if the settlement is won by 'venice', the faction I want to give the settlement there will be a ctd. I changed several settlements ownerships with geomod, and this is the first time I am having this ctd.

Cheers

Gigantus's Avatar I got caught taking a pee in the swimming pool today. The lifeguard shouted at me so loud, I nearly fell in.
    Artifex

Didi you change the ownership of the garrison as well?

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Princeps Prior

Thanks for the quick reply. I deleted the garrison to avoid any confusion, and then add them later on when I am sure there are no errors. I tried to find out what happens if the settlement ownership is changed but the garrison ownership is not. There is no ctd, simply the ownership remains unchanged.

Cheers
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; June 14, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Artifex

If you have a unit\character of your faction in that settlement you will notice that the green movement range will be restricted to the settlement due to the other garison.

TheDisturbedGuy's Avatar Tiro

With me it keeps crashing, it usually gets 79%, then proceeds to crash. Any tips?

Artifex

1. Read my manual - there is a list of crash percentages at the end.
    2. It's in descr_stat according to it, most likely at the beginning. Which suggests that you might be missing the unlockable end part or that some resource co-ordinates are missing a comma (or have one too many)
    Code:
    playable
        england
        france
        hre
        spain
        venice
        sicily
        milan
        scotland
        byzantium
        russia
        moors
        turks
        egypt
        denmark
        portugal
        poland
        hungary
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
        papal_states
        aztecs
        mongols
        timurids
        slave
    end
    Placement of commas, any other variation will cash a Geomod crash
    Code:
    resource    fish,    133,    178

Libertus

Hello, I'd like to ask
    Is there any way to add rivers and change heights on the map without changing coastlines?

Artifex

There certainly is, why would you have to change coast lines to change rivers or height anyhow?
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 28, 2014 at 06:23 AM.

Libertus

I'm making a simple mod and when i add rivers or mountains in geomod coast became more sharp then before.

Artifex

That should not happen - have you made your own map_heights file or is it from an existing mod? But then Geomod does not change the coastal water values which may have been changed to get a smoother coast, see this tutorial for what I mean.

Libertus

Thank you for that fragment but im modding vanilla map.The problem is i dont want to change shape of coastline but when i add river or hill it changes

Artifex

If you are modding the vanilla map then I would suggest to use my mod folder here - that is the vanilla map\files.

Rex Inanimatus's Avatar Hastatus

Just want to report a bug with geomod . It is an odd one, whenever you add regions as victory condition for a faction that can horde. The target region ends up in desc_sm_factions.txt as a horde_unit.

edit: the target region ends up in: Faction/ Horde section , if you repeat a region it becomes another horde_unit, hope this helps.

Still many many thanks for the wonderful tool.
    Last edited by Rex Inanimatus; July 01, 2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Roma, acta est fabula
    Mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum (soon to be released)

Artifex

Thanks for pointing that out - I'll keep it in mind for error solving.

Rex Inanimatus's Avatar Hastatus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out - I'll keep it in mind for error solving.
    Another one and this time a very serious one, I don't know if it's reported before but geomod cannot handle negative starting income, it crashed and wiped my desc.strat.txt empty.... luckily I had a recent back-up. Don't want to see geomod users smashing their keyboard of many work lost.
    Roma, acta est fabula
    Mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum (soon to be released)

Artifex

Thanks for letting us know.

Unfortunately the creator of Geomod did not continue developing the tool - there are a few issues that could do with fixing. In general I would advise users to save often, especially when they are doing new stuff, as the saving of unacceptable (for Geomod) data will crash Geomod.
    The best way to use Geomod is to have a dedicated set up with which to work***, that way your mod doesn't get effected if Geomod crashes. Then copy the files over once Geomod has saved and try it. Back up of files are a must!

*** the manual contains a list of the files Geomod requires.

Libertus

Hi

AM glad I found a moderator

I would like to know how do I simply create a new campaign without replacing any other kingdoms campaigns

the rest is for me to know how to moderate and how to use the tool

thanks for you help

Artifex

Use a base mod installation like my Bare Geomod installation and then modify it.
    The manual for the Geomod tool is here.

Thread Information