Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for ancillaries/traits

Default Re: Ideas for ancillaries

Here are a few miscellaneous notes on some of the ancillaries that have been suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Andúril: +4 Command, improves morale of units on battlefield

Due to the period in time that the simulation is starting, Andúril should probably still be called Narsil. It matters not if the Sword that was Broken is still broken or not; it should still confer a significant command and morale bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Nenya: +2 Command, +4 Authority, +4 Management
    Vilya: +3 Command, +4 Authority, +4 Management, improves public health
    Narya: +4 Command, +3 Authority, +3 Management, improves morale of units on battlefield

A while back, I made a note regarding my opinion on how the elven economy ought to work. Because the elven homelands are extremely poor for major agricultural development (seeing as they are forests, coastline settlements, and what essentially amounts to a mansion in the middle of a secluded valley) and because elven isolationism (particularly in the Silvan realms) makes an economy largely dependant on trade unlikely, I suggested that the Three Rings of the Elves ought to -- among other things -- confer substantial bonuses in economic output in order to offset the disadvantaged economic position held by the elven cultures in the early game.

In addition, this also serves to balance the elves from becoming too powerful, as it provides a strong incentive for the elves to keep its ringbearers -- who, no doubt, are some of their best commanders -- at home governing cities and castles rather than leading armies to the battlefield or besieging enemy settlements.

I would also like to note that the aforementioned gameplay benefits also have the excellent quality of being completely justified by the literature, as during the Third Age, the ringbearers -- Galadriel, Elrond, and Círdan before he relinquished his ring to Mithrandir -- spent most of their time at home using their rings for their intended purpose: to protect and enhance their respective realms.

As a final note, I believe that the Three Rings ought to also confer Influence bonuses as well as be more balanced in their conferred bonuses. In the above note, Nenya appears stunted in its power compared to the others, and to offset it I would recommend having it confer a larger Influence bonus than the others.

As always, just my two cents ^^

shinsengumi
    Please don't overtake this thread with yuor amazing ideas.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

while i have no ideas, i won't work..
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    A while back, I made a note regarding my opinion on how the elven economy ought to work. Because the elven homelands are extremely poor for major agricultural development (seeing as they are forests, coastline settlements, and what essentially amounts to a mansion in the middle of a secluded valley) and because elven isolationism (particularly in the Silvan realms) makes an economy largely dependant on trade unlikely, I suggested that the Three Rings of the Elves ought to -- among other things -- confer substantial bonuses in economic output in order to offset the disadvantaged economic position held by the elven cultures in the early game.
    i would disagree about the economy not being able to have trade, if i remember correctly they have the old forest road in mirkwood which is probably the center of trading and the various rivers running through it can prove as "roads" that the elves use for trade, not to mention wood elves dont need a clear defined pathway to know where they are going and a hardly noticable path to humans could be a trade route to the elves who are incredibly light of foot, and arent going to wear down a path easily.

no one wants to help ?

Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

i have already but it seems that you haven't even spot me.

dude, if the list i showed twice, has no ideas, i can't make the triggers...

Longbeard (Dwarves): Some of the Dwarves are simply coming from a better family (like known the Dwarves have different famlies like Redbeard longbeard etc..) All the families have their own way of education some is for minning and poetry and others have different ways of education. Longbeards are mainly for minning and infantry tactics. 25%+ M income and 2 + when commanding infantry
    Trigger, coming of age in a setlement witch has a Dwarven with the long beard ancillary.
    I personaly think that it's bad.
    I just want to know do you like it if you do i make more.

dude i want ALL of the them, not a few

unless you only want a couple new ancillaries for third age total war...

i don't care about the description

i need something like this, but the full list:

-Ithilien Ranger: character comes to age, and there's bowyer in settlement

-Rider of Rohan: when a character comes to age, and there's stables in city

-Mithril Mail: characters come to age and there's mythril forge in settlement
    Last edited by Swagger; October 25, 2008 at 01:10 PM.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Well lands behind river Lhûn were green and fruitful, even more than lands in southern Gondor.

I would love to help out. I have some questions first though:
    I'm not a native English speaker. Ancillaries, are those the people that begin to follow your general/agent such as astrologers, and also items they recieve?

You also mention triggers by buildings in settlements when they come of age. Could you mention other types of triggers or is the sky the limit? Like, could Tom Bombadil be triggered into your general's following after he's been running around in woods for a while?

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

I do lots of 'x% chances' These percents can be modified if need be.
    I did from Gandalf to Treacherous Advisor.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gandalf the Grey: 1% Chance every turn spent in Shire areas, or other regions. Any ideas which regions? Getting some of these ancillaries should be really hard.
    Radagast the Brown: 1% chance every turn spent (Where did Radagast spend his time again?
    Saruman the White: 1% chance every turn spent in Isengard
    Mithril Mail (Dwarves): 80% chance every turn spent in a city with a Mithril Workshop, or the equivalent.
    Morgul Blade: 25% chance every turn spent in Minas Morgul.
    Bow of the Galadrim: 20% chance every turn spent in Lothlorien
    Numenorien Heirloom: 5% chance every turn spent in Gondor and Arnor of old.
    Banner of Elendil: 10% chance every turn spent in Rivendell.
    Shadowfax: 2% chance every turn spent on the Plains of Rohan.
    Evenstar: 1% chance every turn spent in Rivendale.
    Scavenged Dwarven Armor: 15% chance after defeating dwarven army in battle. Is this doable?
    Old Toby: 50% chance every turn spent in the Shire. I never really liked when it appeared in Isengard, felt false to me.
    Dunedain Ranger: 15% chance every turn spent in the kingdom of Arnor of old.
    Pet Warg: 10% chance every turn spent in Isengard.
    Loyal Hound: 2% chance start of every turn. It's a lower percent rate because the area is unlimited.
    Hobbit Squire: 10% chance every turn spent in the Shire.
    Bard: 2% chance start of every turn when not in Mordor, Isengard, Rhun, the outskirts of civilization, and pleasure.
    Treacherous Advisor: 2% start of every turn.

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post
    I do lots of 'x% chances' These percents can be modified if need be.
    I did from Gandalf to Treacherous Advisor.

Gandalf the Grey: 1% Chance every turn spent in Shire areas, or other regions. Any ideas which regions? Getting some of these ancillaries should be really hard.
    Radagast the Brown: 1% chance every turn spent (Where did Radagast spend his time again?
    Saruman the White: 1% chance every turn spent in Isengard
    Mithril Mail (Dwarves): 80% chance every turn spent in a city with a Mithril Workshop, or the equivalent.
    Morgul Blade: 25% chance every turn spent in Minas Morgul.
    Bow of the Galadrim: 20% chance every turn spent in Lothlorien
    Numenorien Heirloom: 5% chance every turn spent in Gondor and Arnor of old.
    Banner of Elendil: 10% chance every turn spent in Rivendell.
    Shadowfax: 2% chance every turn spent on the Plains of Rohan.
    Evenstar: 1% chance every turn spent in Rivendale.
    Scavenged Dwarven Armor: 15% chance after defeating dwarven army in battle. Is this doable?
    Old Toby: 50% chance every turn spent in the Shire. I never really liked when it appeared in Isengard, felt false to me.
    Dunedain Ranger: 15% chance every turn spent in the kingdom of Arnor of old.
    Pet Warg: 10% chance every turn spent in Isengard.
    Loyal Hound: 2% chance start of every turn. It's a lower percent rate because the area is unlimited.
    Hobbit Squire: 10% chance every turn spent in the Shire.
    Bard: 2% chance start of every turn when not in Mordor, Isengard, Rhun, the outskirts of civilization, and pleasure.
    Treacherous Advisor: 2% start of every turn.
    this is exactly what i want, but that ''every turn spent in X'', is just..stupid

there are soo many triggers, im not making 60% of my ancillaries be given by a single one..

for example:

bard- when there's a tavern building in settlement

etc..

Gandalf the Grey: Dunno lol?
    Radagast the Brownunno lol?
    Saruman the White: Dunno lol?
    Longbeard (Dwarves): DONE.
    Mithril Mail (Dwarves):Trigger, spent "x" turns in a dwarf city with mithril forge buil in it + 6 hp
    Morgul Blade:Trigger spent "x" turns in Mordor region effects nazguls only dread + 4 + 2 when fighting against gondor,rohan and free peons of midle earth.
    Bow of the Galadrim:Trigger spent "x" turns in elvish city? gives 2+ when commanding missile units.
    Numenorien Heirloom:Trigger spent "x" turns in Minas tirih or osgiliath +2 to authority
    Banner of Elendil:Trigger spent "x" turns in a army greatter than 3 units +3 to morale of troops.
    Shadowfax: shuden't gandalf have it?
    Evenstar: (Agent ability) gives better chance to slip past girith ungol Trigger agent rank 4?
    Scavenged Dwarven Armor:Trigger play evil side and won a batlle against short hairy peoples 50% to get it after batlle + 2 hp
    Old Toby:What is "Toby"
    Dunedain Ranger: Trigger command more than 4 units dunnodains for "x" turn - 2 armor + 2 hp +3 sight range and + 1 command when ambushing enemy.
    Pet Warg: Trigger coming of age and a city that haves a warg pit in it + 1 hp 2+ foiling assassination attempts.
    Loyal Hound: same as above
    Hobbit Squire: Trigger spent "x" turns in shire region 1+ when foiling assassination attemps via drunken noisy meat shield.
    Bard: Trigger spent "x" turns in gondor or rohan city with a inn/tavern in it + 2 to troop morale.
    Treacherous Advisor: Trigger be rohan make a alliance with saruman + 2 tread + 2 when fightin Against Gondor.
    String:Trigger spent "x" turns in party with frodo (you stole it) + 4 when foiling assassination attemps.
    Galadrim Sentry (Elves):Trigger spent "x" turns in elvish city + 6 when foiling assassination attemps.
    Elvish Rope (Elves): Trigger coming of age and having a merchant in the city + 2 aUTHORITY
    Elvish Magician (Elves):Trigger coming of age in elvish city that haves a shrine of any kind in it
    + 2 to sight range and authority + 1 dread.
    Cloak of Lorien (Elves): Trigger coming of age in lorth lorien + 4 authority (nice silk lining)
    Arrows of Lorien (Elves): Trigger coming of age in a city with archery range in it 3 + when commanding missile units.

good generals
    Map of Middle Earth: Trigger spent "x" turns in any Gondor region city with explorers quild in it + 2 line of sight.
    Ithilien Ranger: Trigger command more than 4 units dunnodains for "x" turn - 2 armor + 2 hp +3 sight range and + 1 command when ambushing enemy.
    Elf Friend:Trigger make good alliance with elvesh command 2 + when in elvish region.
    Dwarf Friend:Trigger make good alliance with Dwarfes command 2 + when in Dwarfes region.
    Rider of Rohan:same as above.
    Shield Maiden: same as above of above
    Gollum: Trigger find and capture that lidle bastard - 1 troop morale + 2 to assassination attempts + 4 to sight range and movement points.
    Lembas:Trigger stay in a elvish town/city/castle for "x" turns 2 + hp

evil generals
    Gollum: same as the other one above
    Menacing Uruk: Trigger spent "x" time in isengard setlement 2+ to dread 4+ to commanding infantry
    Troll: Trigger Spent "x" turns in évil city with troll cage in it + 4 hp and foiling assassination attemps.
    Snaga Slave: Trigger spent "x" tunrs in evil city + 2 to authority
    Man Head: Trigger won a battle vs men + 3 to troop morale
    Black Numenorien: Trigger stay "x" turns in evil city etc...6 + when foiling assassination attemps.
    Tree Axe: Trigger Spent "X" turns in isengard city 2 + when fightin against ents.
    Man Flesh: Trigger same as the head thing.
    Worshipper of Morgoth: Trigger spent "x" turns in a evil city withc haves a shrine in it + 2 sight range 3 + dread 1 + authority
    Corsair:Trigger Spent "x" in mordor + 3 when foiling assassination attemps.
    Mumakil Trainer: Trigger spent "c" turns in harad city with mumak pen in it 2 + when commanding mumaks.
    Wainrider: Trigger What rider?
    Troll Captain:Trigger ill do the rests tomorow
    Cave troll trainer: Trigger ...
    Witch: Trigger aaargh so many
    Mumakil Tusk:Trigger more more more
    Burning Post: Trigger
    Chopping block: Trigger
    Dude this has tooked three hours awww.
    REP please i have already give some to you swagger.
    Last edited by Landkreuzer ratte; October 25, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

i also gave rep to you, even before your last post

and the post above has to many ''x turns in y''...

Well use some of them and wait till some one else makes the rest of them.
    Oh by the way Good night!
    ooh by the way if any of these gets to thr game i want my account name in the gredits!
    Last edited by Landkreuzer ratte; October 25, 2008 at 03:33 PM.

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Okay don't worry I'll help you out in a second Swagger. Just let me know what are the the ways to trigger an Ancillary.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Please, I would love to help out with this mod but I have no idea what kind of triggers I may use.

Is there some kind of list of triggers, or could you give me some examples of what I can and can't write? Would suck to write a list of 100 triggers and ancillaries and then getting a reply saying nothing can be used.

thank you both

i've been 6 hours without adding ancillaries to this mod cuz i was out of ideas..the release date has been delayed for 6 hours, and so on...

i need something like this:

for example:

bard: when there's a tavern building in settlement ('cuz it's a place for fun, music, dance etc)
    Ithilien Ranger: character comes to age, and there's bowyer in settlement
    Rider of Rohan: when a character comes to age, and there's stables in city
    Mithril Mail: characters come to age and there's mythril forge in settlement

the full list i need to have the triggers:

Others

Gandalf the Grey: +?
    Radagast the Brown: +?
    Saruman the White: +?
    Longbeard (Dwarves): +?
    Mithril Mail (Dwarves): + 1 hit points
    Morgul Blade: +4 dread +1 command.
    Bow of the Galadrim: +2 command vs. Evil + 3 chivalry
    Numenorien Heirloom: +1 Management +1 Authority
    Banner of Elendil: +4 authority +2 command
    Shadowfax: +50% movement points
    Evenstar: + 2 Management
    Scavenged Dwarven Armor: +hit points + 2 command
    Old Toby: +1 management, + morale
    Dunedain Ranger: +2 command, + 2 managment
    Pet Warg: + personal Security + 1 dread
    Loyal Hound: + personal Security
    Hobbit Squire: + 1 management + morale
    Bard: + 1 chivalry
    Treacherous Advisor: -2 authority -1 command
    String: +3 to Personal security
    Galadrim Sentry (Elves): + line of Sight + 1 command.
    Elvish Rope (Elves): +1 managment
    Elvish Magician (Elves): +2 command, + 2 management, + 2 dread
    Cloak of Lorien (Elves): +2 command
    Arrows of Lorien (Elves): + 1 archery command

good generals
    Map of Middle Earth: + 1 line of sight
    Ithilien Ranger: + 1 command
    Elf Friend: + 2 command, + 2 chivalry
    Dwarf Friend: + 2 command + 2 management
    Rider of Rohan: + 2 command when using Cavalry
    Shield Maiden: + 2 command + 2 management
    Gollum: + 3 dread, + movement points, + chance of assassination
    Lembas: + morale + 1 managment

evil generals
    Gollum: + 3 dread, + movement points, + chance of assassination
    Menacing Uruk: + 2 command + 2 dread
    Troll: + 1 command + 3 dread
    Snaga Slave: + 1 management
    Man Head: +1 command + 1 dread
    Black Numenorien: + 2 dread +2 command + 1 management
    Tree Axe: + 1 dread + 2 management
    Man Flesh: + morale
    Worshipper of Morgoth: + 3 dread + 2 management
    Corsair: + 1 command
    Mumakil Trainer: +1 command when using Calvary
    Wainrider: + 3 command when using Cavalry
    Troll Captain: + 3 dread + 3 command
    Cave troll trainer: + 2 command
    Witch: + 2 dread
    Mumakil Tusk: + 2 command
    Burning Post: + 1 dread + 2 command
    Chopping block: + 2 dread + 2 command.

who knows if you won't have your name in the credits

check the attachments, for list of triggers and theyr description (they're very easy to find, imagine you're looking for, if there's a building in a settlement a character might have the ancillary, then you go to the .txt files, and look for key words, in this case, building is the best option)

just make it as if you were using the twc, search tool

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

I'll get right on it.

P.S. I don't need my name in the credits I'm part of the team...
    HONEY I AM HOME