Thread: Can anyone help with this

Wildfowler's Avatar Civis

Icon5 Can anyone help with this

I go to options and set up the video options for best performance for my machine.

Next time I go to the simulation the video options have all returned to were they originally where!

How can I save them?

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would rather have a russet coated Captain who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows. Than him who you call a Gentleman and is but little else

Oliver Cromwell

Default Re: Can anyone help with this

It's a bug in MED2. For some reason it won't save the config files for mod's. You have to open for_king_or_country.cfg in notepad and edit the settings by hand.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Wildfowler's Avatar Civis

Thanks for that.

By the way, thanks again for a superb mod!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would rather have a russet coated Captain who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows. Than him who you call a Gentleman and is but little else

Oliver Cromwell

Opifex

Actually, here's the thing: the reason MTW2 doesn't save the config settings is if you try to specify them in the .cfg file. Then the game will feed settings from them instead of its own compressed video/sound settings file, and you'll never get those settings to save.

To fix this problem, remove most of the [video] entry in the BCW .cfg (you can leave in stuff like windowed mode and no-movies).

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

SO,

I've tried doing that many times, it has never helped. Infact I had this problem all the way throughout the development of BC.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Opifex

Are you saying that you have nothing in your [video], and yet the settings refuse to save? If so, try just deleting the settings file and let the game rebuild it. I've had this problem persistently for a year or more, until I removed the [video] from my PItalica cfg settings.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Yeah I've tried just about everything that people have suggest, nothing will make the game write to my cfg.

Cheers

Opifex

No no

The game will not write to the cfg. It's not supposed to write to the cfg, ever. If you remove the [video] section it will save the video settings to the user's local settings file.

There is no way to distribute video settings you specify, to every user of the mod. Many values, notably texture quality, have no correlative entry in the CFG; at the same time if you specify at least some [video] settings (to nudge the game towards its proper appearance), the game will understand that to mean that its locally stored graphical settings are to be disregarded; meaning that even if the user manually adjusts them the game will never retain them past the current session of the game.

If you omit the [video] section altogether, the users will be able to adjust their graphical quality to the level that suits them, and the game will save those settings.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; November 09, 2008 at 08:32 PM.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams