Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sassanid Empire

brux7's Avatar Libertus

Default Sassanid Empire

Sassanid Empire were too strong.
    How do they resist?

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Sassanid Empire

I have played as sassanids in my last IBFD sassion. The units are amazing, they remembered me pictures from Osprey books. In the start the Sassanida has 3 armys near Holy land, so thery easy take 2 ERE cities in first turn. Some promblem is heftalytes but i bild forts on they way and in 3 turns mobilise steec of savaran and horse archers - and in the buttle destroyed 2 armys of huns. Unfortunatly play for sasanids is thery easy - . It will be interesting if Heftalytes start game inside sasanids empire and some armys of ERE located in Armenia and will go to Ktesifon.
    I don't play againts sasanids but russian gamers advise use onagers against savaran armys.

For fighting Sassanids -

(1) Onagers (throwing flaming missiles)

and either

(2) Bridges

or

(3) Walls (certainly on "medium/medium" anyway)

Try to avoid fighting them anywhere else.

With regard to (3) with careful positioning onagers can fire over the walls of most cities, and the Sassanid AI thinks that its' cavalry is invincible and will move it in range of the walls in most cases whenit faces a sortie by the garrison (as long as you leave the wall itself unmanned.)

Both tactics are gamey as hell; on the other hand, the Sassanids are WAAAAAAAAAAAY overpowered from the evidence of the performance of the Sassanid AI against the Roman AI when compared to real history.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

The Sassanids are one of the two real problems I have with this mod...it's excellent overall, but they really throw off the balance.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You face the real problems the Romans had. Just remember the Maginot-Line strategies of the Eastern Romans.

In IBFD V8 will be some new game-balancing, however, do not expect an easy deal while fighting Savaran units.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Admittedly, the last version I played was the last 6.x, but IIRC they start with something like six full stacks besides their garrison troops. That's as nearly much as the ERE and WRE combined (excluding city garrisons). On top of that, their stacks are mostly super-heavy cavalry, and they can recruit their cav in one turn instead of three for a legionary unit. Isn't that a little excessive? I know they're supposed to be tough, but after I destroyed the fourth full stack in three turns I decided that it was getting a little silly. The AI naturally tries to stack-spam, so why help it along?
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

While I don't have any common borders with the Sassanids yet, I can see they are really kicking the ERE's ass, actually standing before Nicomedia. How far are they going to try to expand?

There has been a lot of new gamebalancing, so calm down

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

brux7's Avatar Libertus

Thanks guys. I'm still in trouble, but I continued ...

All right, I look forward to seeing it. This is still the best mod out there for the time period, hands down.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

I played the Sassanid campaign about to month ago,it's very amusing I easily defeated the ERE I caputred most of the levan and Asia minor but I spared Jerusalem due to it's known uprisings...
    I have a question why Jerusalem is Jewish it was in a christian hand in 465 and it's name was changed to Aelia,it's unhistorical and really annoying cuz either you are a pagan or a christian once you convert Jerusalem to your faith the population will uprise cuz their faith differ with the city's religion

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

For you all because you are waiting so patiently.

A sneak preview for the Sassanians:

A new Savaran and the new Sughdian Warrior. Enjoy

Impressive,Especialy this one saravan.
    How i understand this is mounted unit

Impressive,Especialy this one saravan.
    How i understand this is mounted unit
    It is mounted. Just for the preview he is not mounted, so you can see more details.
    And he is one of ten region-specific Savaran units. All Sassanian units are reskinned.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

Hopefully my computer can run IBRR 8.0,(I had some graphics issues in 7.03)...
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

I have finished my ERE campain (h/h) and struggled many field buttles with Sasanids. The clu of victory is army of onageres and comitatenus armatus with some troops of lihtg and heavy cavalry. The comitatenes armatus is thery strong againts savaran.

Anakuj's Avatar Foederatus
    Earth. Europe. Central Europe. Hungary. Transdanubia. Fejér county.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    All Sassanian units are reskinned.
    Why??? They are so beautiful! Oh well.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anakuj View Post
    Why??? They are so beautiful! Oh well.

well, they are even more beautiful now, so live with it
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    well, they are even more beautiful now, so live with it
    That's an understatement. They are freaking awesome! You guys will love them!

byzantineklibanophori's Avatar Centenarius

just change the stats urself to make the Sassanids more honest.

Up the cost of recruiiting elite units, place a longer training time.

That should balance it out just nicely................

Its so easy! Just take the time to do it!
    ☻ This is the Prophet, lusty, promiscous, self serving and divinely (deluded) inspired messenger of god
    /▌\  Copy and paste him to protest his pederastic perversions on children
    / \

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast