Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sparta Provincial Campaign for XGM 5.8.1

Mathais's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Sparta Provincial Campaign for XGM 5.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    This is my first major project, but you can bet I'm working hard on it. It's just moving slow due to my inexperience.
    Hey dont worry if your first You will do good job I have know doubt about that. Pluse I pretty sure that alot of people here will help you out but like all good things it takes time so dont worry if its forever.

Need help on anything?
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Hey out of curiosity how are things going or am I asking to soon. Other wise I hope things are going well with what you have done.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Things are on hold ATM. I'm sick as a dog and haven't felt like working on it.

lol its really hard to get things going when youre a newbie. i understand how you feel. looking up something in the modding forums for 1 hour just to find that you barely understand it is really frustrating.

you reallyu have to appreciate the efforts these modders put in to their work. if i could make a sparta provincial campaign i would. be sure to give them a few starting units cuz the macedons will be falling on you in a couple of turns.

Quote Originally Posted by aznflea View Post
    lol its really hard to get things going when youre a newbie. i understand how you feel. looking up something in the modding forums for 1 hour just to find that you barely understand it is really frustrating.
    Yeah, it is. Appreciate the empathy. Though I can't help sometimes feeling like I got in over my head...
    you reallyu have to appreciate the efforts these modders put in to their work. if i could make a sparta provincial campaign i would.
    Definitely, yes. If only CA would put this much effort into vanilla.
    But, then again, if they did we'd never have played DBH's masterpiece...
    be sure to give them a few starting units cuz the macedons will be falling on you in a couple of turns.
    Thanks for the input.
    Yeah, Macedon was indeed first on my mind in terms of opposition. Even as GCS in the main campaign, they can sometimes overrun you. It's happened to me more than once...
    I had planned to give Sparta a small standing army (maybe between five and eight units) to use either as an advance attack force or to reinforce the SRG garrisoned in Sparta with.

Unfortunately, though, I'm going to have to put this on temporary hold, as we at Wars of the Diadochi, are trying to get reorganized and get things moving along.
    I still plan on putting this thing together, it just may take a while to come to fruition. I'm in no way giving up!

Good luck! This sounds like it will be awesome.

So how are things going with this mod? Hopfully you have some free time to work on this if not dont give up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathais View Post
    So how are things going with this mod? Hopfully you have some free time to work on this if not dont give up on it.
    I've got a lot of things going on right now, but when I've got spare time at some point, I'll be going back to it on whatever version of XGM is current then.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey Spartan, any plans still to make this submod?

@ GM207 Good question but am thinking that for now its dead unitl I suppose Spartan198 has time to work on this sub mod again.

Right now, no plans due to a up computer that won't run many programs (including RTW) correctly or connect to the Internet very often (the reason I haven't been here very much in the past several days). Don't know when it'll get fixed.

If someone comes along and decides they want to take this up, they're more than welcomed to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12