Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Books for your comments

http://www.lulu.com/content/85305

Please check out my book. It has recieved good reviews from those who have read it. My facts are spot on and it would prove to be a good read for anyone. My goal is for everyone who reads it to learn something. I hope you find it enjoyable.
    A.A. Social Sciences Emphasis

An Author among us!

Who was your publisher?

It looks like self-publishing (sort of), but I could be wrong
    "Jamf was only a fiction, to help him explain what he felt so terribly, so immediately in his genitals for those rockets each time exploding in the sky... to help him deny what the could not possibly admit: that he might be in love, in sexual love, with his, and his race's, death." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Join my Dark Throne army!
    Proudly patronizing Nihil

Lulu is my publisher and yes, you are right, they are an On-Demand publisher.

I also hold an A.A. in social science

looks good, i might look into it, I had no clue there were any authors here on TWC

Centurion Quintus's Avatar Campidoctor

I myself was a contributing writer for The Bible.
    I wrote the Prologue and dedicated it to my dog, Biscuts.

:mellow

please, dont hijack his thread with stupid posts

Centurion Quintus's Avatar Campidoctor

Woa... :erm

Sorry.

Gray, I think it looks very interesting.

Bought the downloadable version and am currently reading! Thanks for sharing.
    Love it or leave it!

The review said it has spelling errors, now I'm not a writer but I heard one useful tip, which is to give your work to some professor before publishing it. Sure it costs a little, but he'll correct all those spelling etc. mistakes you've made.

It is nice to know people like you, are finding out more details that we would have read in our history books. I find history seams only concerned with kings, queens & their exploits [in the main]. Personally I find the history of the common man more interesting. Keep up the good work!
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Har har har! Typos, eh? What pathetic incompetence.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

i was mean to say that about centurian but i think you deserve it, dont hijack his thread with stupid posts

By any chance, are you part of NaNoWriMo? I know Lulu.com offers NaNoWriMo members discounts.

I'm low on funds, but can you say "BIRTHDAY" coming up. I may add i too am looking into on demand publishing, but i'm more of a novelist. Can't wait for the birthday though, and i hope alot of people buy your book!

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

@ Attila of Nazareth. One of the better books I've read about the crusades was a diary written by one of the knights on the 1st crusade. Wish I could remember the title. An American travelled to France to find his family's roots and ended up being told that he was the last member of the family of a knight who went on crusade and being given the diary. The French government decided to keep it as an important cultural artifact, but he was allowed to publish the contents (translated from provencal).

One interesting thing that the Knight said was that the English were little more than barbarians and that a contingent of Vikings were warned to stop raping and pillaging in France and Italy on their way to the holy land. They stopped pillaging and just settled with raping, which was acceptable. The Vikings also played a game where they stood around in a circle and threw a hard leather ball at the crotch of the guy opposite. If you flinched, you were out of the game. lol
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

LOL got to love those manly ****** vikings!

smack's Avatar Complaints Department

Haha. The first reveiwer asked:

"And what are Hoplites?"

You won't find that problem here Gray24 :grin

Any chance you want to post a few relevent passages (to total war) here?

In patronicum svb: Spartan
    Patronum celcum quo: teecee, Old Celt, SigniferOne
    If you dare: My Journal or If you care: The Price Tag

Originally posted by Perkele@Mar 16 2005, 12:12 PM
    The review said it has spelling errors, now I'm not a writer but I heard one useful tip, which is to give your work to some professor before publishing it. Sure it costs a little, but he'll correct all those spelling etc. mistakes you've made.
    Ah yes, I have since fixed that and the version they reviewed was an older one. I do soo your point however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast