Thread: Vicky annexion question

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Icon5 Vicky annexion question

Playing as the ottomans i have taken parts of Russia and egypt and annexed persia in previous wars.
    Then Austria declared war on me after the initial skirmishes i managed to overwelm them and now i´m
    holding every single austrian province but i still can't annex them(as i could with persia).

Why is that?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: Vicky annexion question

Quote Originally Posted by gobbothegreen View Post
    Playing as the ottomans i have taken parts of Russia and egypt and annexed persia in previous wars.
    Then Austria declared war on me after the initial skirmishes i managed to overwelm them and now i´m
    holding every single austrian province but i still can't annex them(as i could with persia).

Why is that?
    Annexation works like this.

1. If the nation you've beaten is uncivilized you can annex them in a single war.
    2. If the nation you've completely occupied is civilized (IE listed as a great power or an independent nation) they must be 3 provinces or less to annex them.

I am not sure if a great power can be annexed even if they only have three or fewer provinces left.

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Ok thanks then i'll have to settle with vassalising them

+rep for you of course

or just keep going to war.

or just keep going to war.
    But that would lead to a build up of BB points.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavianus View Post
    But that would lead to a build up of BB points.
    True, but if you release satellites, depending on how many provinces said satellite has, the more BB you will lose.

Unfortunately, however, satellites, don't play the same role that vassals have in other paradox game. the only thing they're really good for in Vicky is a guaranteed alliance as opposed to more money...the fact you have to pay as much upkeep for a unit in a satellite or dominion's province as you would for a unit in an enemy province kind of annoys me...

The good thing, I suppose, is that a satellite doesn't have a hard time raising armies like a vassal does...so it can lead to regional control in the same ways a vassal or vassals would.