Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum and Steam

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum and Steam

Thanks, it worked with the script. Excpt that the game is closing itself when I try to pass the year 216BC summer. The game is simply closing with a pop-up saying that Rome: total war gold edition is having a problem.

Since I'm having related problems - what about Steam + Vista? Obviously my Steam games are in Program Files...

Steam+7 for me

Quote Originally Posted by lordadmiralhood View Post
    Thanks, it worked with the script. Excpt that the game is closing itself when I try to pass the year 216BC summer. The game is simply closing with a pop-up saying that Rome: total war gold edition is having a problem.
    Check the Frequently encountered issues!

Ok so after spending about 2 hours attempting to install EB using any and every guide I could find (including the ones listed above) I have finally given up trying on my own. I'm trying to install EB with my copy of the gold edition on Steam. I have followed every guide that I read to the letter and no matter what I do I'm always presented with the error "Could not find Steam" or whatever it says when I attempt to start the mod. Any suggestions on what I should do or try? Thanks.

Pacience XSarmatian, n00bs learns slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Phael View Post
    Ok so after spending about 2 hours attempting to install EB using any and every guide I could find (including the ones listed above) I have finally given up trying on my own. I'm trying to install EB with my copy of the gold edition on Steam. I have followed every guide that I read to the letter and no matter what I do I'm always presented with the error "Could not find Steam" or whatever it says when I attempt to start the mod. Any suggestions on what I should do or try? Thanks.
    YOu have to go into your Steam Library -> Right Click -> Properties -> Set Launch Options and insert this: -mod:eb -show_err

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
    Pacience XSarmatian, n00bs learns slowly

YOu have to go into your Steam Library -> Right Click -> Properties -> Set Launch Options and insert this: -mod:eb -show_err

Already did that, like I said before I tried many guides and almost all of them required that and yet still no success.

Run Steam with Admin-rights under Vista/Win7. Disable protection software while gaming (especially Norton, Kaspersky or other programs that go deep into a system).

Since the guides work for other people you should read the informations really careful and try again.

XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Phael View Post
    Already did that, like I said before I tried many guides and almost all of them required that and yet still no success.

I would do what XSarmatian said... after youve reinstalled it, cause there is some false parths there...

I just tried re-installing RTW, EB, and the 1.2 patch. I then went through both of the guides listed above very carefully 3 times each. I also tried running Steam as administrator and same for EB. I also tried adding "-mod:eb -show_err" and "-show_err -mod:EB". I disabled McAfee and disabled UAC. Every single time I am presented with that delightful message "Could not find steam". Should I just give up at this point?

keytool's Avatar Laetus

ive tried everything, reinstall twice now (rome and EB), did your trick and others i found. STEAM IS STILL NOT FOUND. i have no idea why this is happening because i had it working a few months ago. please help

I have the same problem and I did everything that was said but it still doesn't work. Could this have to do with the fact that I created a copy of my RTW files so that I could play RTW vanilla as well as eb? I will try to keep installing and reinstalling.

EB doesn't change anything from Vanilla, you just have to switch between shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I recieved this message from Steam support today:

Message by Support Tech *insert Steam support worker* on Mon, 5th Mar 2012 10:21 am
    Hello,

This issue was caused by a recent Steam client update and will require a Steam update to be resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

So...that's that. I wonder how many other people experienced this problem. If so, I hope that they will search the forums until they encounter this tread and find that their questions have already been asked and (sorta) resolved. As of now, i'm waiting for the next Steam update.

Thanks for your help guys, i'll be writing on the forum time and time again when I find something of interest.
    Workaround is to stay in online-mode while playing EB if possible

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

two tutorials on how to run steam w/o logging in/using steam enjoy
    a post (stated to work for older games)
    video
    Last edited by Bob Doad; March 12, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

is it possible to install it not inside steam?i want to play this mod without steam like all the mods i ve install,but when i tried to install it in the ROME TOTAL WAR/MODS folder,i could not play it.

hallo i did struggle for two days about how to install mod for rome1 tw ......i follow lotz off installation video but still europa barbarorum for rome dont work.or better say s it reach the start menu after 15 minutes i can deal with options and so but dont go in the main campaign cause it ask for thati before chose a nation...even the customize battle can t go in ...just the soldiers screen .. i have a steam version 1.6 bi and run vista ...help

I have only tried modding this last week and its been an absolute nightmare. I initially tried to use EB2 with Medieval Total War 2 on Steam and it seemed to work but then closed down whenever I actually tried to start a campaign, including the tutorial campaign.

I am trying to use the EB1 mod with RTW Gold on Steam. I installed the Trivial Script but whenever I try to open EB single player it just opened RTW Vanilla. I have tried adding -show_err -mod:EB and -mod:eb -show_err to the EB Single Player Target in Properties but when I do this and then try and run EB Single Player I just get an Error Message saying: 'Usage: EBTrivialScript [/debug] [/version] [/s<str>]
    /debug Shows more useful Error Log window.
    /version, --v Shows version of Program and Script Parser.
    /s, --script+<str> Defines what script file to use.
    Unknown option 'mod'

Could anyone please help tell me what is going wrong either with my attempts to use EB2 and/ or EB1? I was really excited about starting to play the mods but to be honest I'm on the verge of giving up because I've been trying to do this for a week now with no luck.

I have only tried modding this last week and its been an absolute nightmare. I initially tried to use EB2 with Medieval Total War 2 on Steam and it seemed to work but then closed down whenever I actually tried to start a campaign, including the tutorial campaign.

I am trying to use the EB1 mod with RTW Gold on Steam. I installed the Trivial Script but whenever I try to open EB single player it just opened RTW Vanilla. I have tried adding -show_err -mod:EB and -mod:eb -show_err to the EB Single Player Target in Properties but when I do this and then try and run EB Single Player I just get an Error Message saying: 'Usage: EBTrivialScript [/debug] [/version] [/s<str>]
    Unknown option 'mod'

Could anyone please help tell me what is going wrong either with my attempts to use EB2 and/ or EB1? I was really excited about starting to play the mods but to be honest I'm on the verge of giving up because I've been trying to do this for a week now with no luck.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Hasaswin06 View Post

Unknown option 'mod'

Question do you have Alexander Total War from Steam?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

No I have Barbarian Invasion on Steam and I think I have the extended Rome Total War including Alexander and Barbarian Invasion installed from a disc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast