Thread: New Model Army

Default New Model Army

In a new Parliamentarian campaign, and by very carefully keeping Charles alive, I´ve managed to reach the introduction of the New Model Army. However, I noticed I can still recruit the old regional regiments. Shouldn´t that ability stop with the introduction of the New Model Army?
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Wildfowler's Avatar Civis

Default Re: New Model Army

I believe the development of the New Model Army was a general reorganisation of existing units. Local units were still being raised which would become New Model as they were absorbed into the new set up.

It must be remembered that the "Self Denying Ordinance" was passed at this stage to prevent Parliment members holding military commands (An exception being made for Cromwell). The New Model Army tended to be made up of units previously commanded by Members of Parliment. Other Landholders and local dignitaries were still recruiting forces locally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would rather have a russet coated Captain who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows. Than him who you call a Gentleman and is but little else

Oliver Cromwell