Thread: Tale of the Week 11 - Submissions

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Tale of the Week 11 - Submissions

New Lands lie before us, new challenges await us, new stories are to be told!

After all the drama pics it is time for something more delightful:

Argent Usher provides us with a great pic, out of this world...

I hope everyone of you has played an Ego-Shooter before, and hopefully some Counter-Strike.
    Take this pic as a base and develope the ultimate tactical scenario!

CS_Castle: Need Backup...

Rules:

1. Post a short text about this picture, with min. 200 max. 300 words, in a spoiler, with the picture in the front.

2. If you are a contestant you are honour bound to not read other contestants' writings until you have submitted yours.

3. The winner gets 1 point on the Leaderboard, if there are at least 4 contestants.
    4. Deadline: last day of each week (Sunday).

TotW 12 will use a picture from the submission thread!
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; October 22, 2008 at 03:11 AM. Reason: disabled smilies

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tale of the Week 11 - Submissions

Operation "Tropic Thunder"

7th of october,1513

On 6th of October,our reconnaisance spotted a large Aztec castle North-East of us,and our commanders decided to take it.Our elite group of arquebusiers,called the Delta Force,was called in.Our team leader Chuck Norris said the go-code which was "Roundhouse kick all the way".After that,everyone loaded on the catapults and they fired us away.a short moment after,we were in the city walls and we began pushing in to the command centre,where the enemy leader Gaddam Bussein() was making his last stand.We cleared the castle pretty soon,and were at the command center's entry...

We were ordered to check our weapons and ammunition,which we did,and after we are all locked and loaded,Chuck stormed in.He killed everyone who stepped in his way and was soon at the boss.He quickly neutralized him,planted the bomb and ran out.We all ran down from the walls and quickly went out of the castle,and a moment afterwards,the whole place blew up...

Moral of the story,do not mess with Arquebusiers...and with Chuck Norris...

Last edited by molls; October 27, 2008 at 04:18 AM.

O Sancta Simplicitas!

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

The call of duty

After chasing the suspicious and probably dangerous person, which was recogniced by the 3 guards upon sneaking around at the central city-lord’s manor, from their post through the whole town, they nearly caught up while pursuing him on the outer city ring’s walls.

The 3 royal gunmen did just see their target disappear in the gate house and assembled before the entrance.

“Oh my, I’m not used to this kind of physical exercise anymore! Phew...” the sweating Christopher Constable moaned, closing in on the other two waiting by the door already.

“Gentlemen, we have him trapped in there now!” said Arthur Authoria, who was kneeling by the pinacles, readying his gun.

The third one with the name Harold Hunta, slowly peeking into the dark gatehouse from the door’s side, whispered:
    “ ‘Tis a trap, I tell you, it is! Look at how dark it is in there, ‘tis most unsettling. He could be waiting in his tent... hrhm I mean the tent of darkness all around... camping – trying to slay us with a most outragous manner...”

After waiting for a while, Christopher started rambling:
    “I urge you, we have to storm the frontal area of the target’s assumed residence, carrying the element of surprise to him!”

Arthur nodded.

“If you insist...” Harold Hunta took forth a torch, ignited it, and threw it into the dark hallway most courageously:

“Flare in the Hole!”
    “Move, Move, Move – but watch your precious backs!”

The 3 guys rushed in – only to find that the gatehouse was empty.

“Holy Lord, what are we doing?!” Christopher got angry.

“Doing our Job: guarding the Lord’s manor!” Harold answered.

The three looked at each other, with growing understanding..

“Then why are we at the outer city wall stumbling through the gatehouse?”

Sorry, Musthavename. I borrowed your form of conversatin from your AAR's, hope your not pissed off

When COD4 met M2TW!
    Narrator: All righty then!! Welcome to the first ever showing of "When i met your mother, THEN PLAYED VIDEO GAMES WITH HER!!" In this show, we contemplate on what would happen when two games are put together. The first ever combination today is COD4 and M2TW!! Mainly because none of the production team have ever played Counter-Strike (myself included), it would be pretty difficult to combine these two into a mildly humorous series of events!!

(crickets)

Anyway!! On with the show!! Closest to the door here you can see Jim Mcdougall, or "Beefy Jim!!" as his friends know him. The closest to us is Hugh Hughmenson...
    Yes, and the protagonist is called (drum roll)

HOBO JOE!!! Commence the game!!

Hobo- Dudes.... what the hell does all this stuff at the bottom of the screen mean?
    Beefy- What stuff?
    Hobo- Well, this! Theres a clock saying its quarter to four, ive got a hundred health, and no armour! WHY DO I HAVE NO ARMOUR!!
    Beefy- Shut up, Hobo, im trying to keep an eye on this door
    Hobo- Its not even a door!! Its just a wall if you look closely!!
    Beefy-Shut up!! Hugh, tell him
    Hugh-.......duuuuuuhhhh........
    Beefy- Precisely! So! let me kick this door down...
    Hobo- its not a door!!
    Beefy- **** off, it is! Im gonna kick this door down, and then we gotta take the gateway and release the hostages. Hugh, you take the left flank when i throw the smokes in, and Hobo you shoot the guy with the bow and arrow. Got it?
    Hobo-...... How does ANY of that make sense!?!?!
    Hugh-..... duuuuuuhhhhhh..... I wish.... I wish i was a fish......
    Beefy- Poetic as always Hugh, and Hobo, SHUT THE **** UP!! The presidents on the other side of this door, and if we dont release him, the nukes will be launched after 30 mins, so.... SHOOT THE GUY WITH BOW AND ARROW!!!
    Hobo-.... You realise your being anchronitic?
    Beefy- WHAT THE **** DOES THAT MEAN????

Narrator- .... Yes, i suppose that was... ok... this show may never be broadcasted again....
    Still!! Im getting paid £5,000 just to turn up for this, so who gives a ****?

Done.

Why am I here? I should be at home drinking my ale and putting my youngin' to sleep. Instead I've been brought to this so called 'new world' by idealistic generals who can’t even read a compass. We fight uncivilised men who run around with there bare bums showing. Thousands of these barbaric people lay dead in front of me; none survive the onslaught we bring with our artillery. Are faces blooded and our clothes stained, we go to sleep on low rasions, barely feeding ourselves. The beds are just a few old rags which just keep us from getting a fever.

The next day we awake to rain and cold conditions, my hands shaking, I put my gloves and boots on. We march once more, with nearly no food to sustain most of us. Many just collapse into the damp soil which is beneath our feet. After what seemed a month of marching in this hideous place, we finally reach what seemed a city. Our general told us to breach the walls immediately, giving no time for the people inside to arm themselves. The cannons eradicate the walls with ease, leaving women and children inside scurrying around, trying to get there belongings before trying to escape the onslaught. We enter the city with no troubles, killing anyone who stands in our path. We take the women, enslave the children and kill the men.

After a long hike up the hill, I finally reach the centre of the city. I could hear whispers and cries within the house. I crept over with two other men to the houses door. The soldier closest to the door quickly opened it. I rushed in to find three women bending over there children shouting strange words at me. That second a large scream came from the left, a man with a knife came charging at me. I had no time to counter-attack and was stabbed twice in the leg and once in the chest. I collapsed to the ground, my head spinning and my eyes slowly shutting. I could hear gun shots and voices screaming around me, blood dripping from my pale body I went into a deep sleep. I awoke the next day, with bandaging around my stab wounds. "You'll be fine" said one of the nurses as she ticked my medical report. My body still tired and worn out, I shut my eyes once more.

~Sensi
    Last edited by molls; October 27, 2008 at 04:19 AM.
    l My Photobucket l My New, Hot Profile l My Signature Gallery l
    "What always staggers me is that when people blow their noses, they always look into their hankies to see what came out. What do they expect to find?"- Billy Connolly.
    - Been creating Signatures since '06 -

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

I hope that readers know their 20th Century history otherwise all my references may go unnoticed.

SELF-DESTRUCT

Dieter Schnabel sweated in the 1903 Bosnian summer heat. His ludicrous
    ceremonial guard uniform baked him - just like the fish his mother used to
    prepare every Friday (despite such Catholic practices being viewed with
    suspicion in the enlightened Democratic Communist Republic of Franco-Deutschland).

Sweat smeared his experimental HUD (made to look like a monocle),
    so he took it off – it was impossible to miss at 5 metres.

Dieter wondered if this was really the best use of State resources. Surely
    it would be better to bend all efforts to winning the conventional war
    back in 1945. How on Earth had Einstein’s time-travel project
    acquired the influence to launch such a crazy expedition?

Admittedly the premise sounded good. Would the Austro-Russian Alliance
    still be fighting now without Austrian Premier Vojislav Princip's irrational
    hatred for Communism? But for Vojislav, Austria might have
    embraced Marx during the revolutions.

There was a scrape of boot against stone in the darkened stairwell.
    Vojislav was arriving exactly as predicted by the time-project historians.

Dieter and his comrades readied their weapons, and as soon as the figure
    stepped out into the sunshine they fired simultaneously.

The man collapsed instantly, falling like a sack of flour, and Dieter
    stepped forward to confirm that he was dead.

Relieved at the ease of the mission, he hardly noticed the child,
    Vojislav's brother Gavrilo, staring open-mouthed with shock.

He turned back towards the faint disturbance of the air
    that betrayed the presence of the time-warp,
    confident that history would only record that Austrian soldiers
    had shot a man of no importance for an unknown reason.

How much better would the world be on the other side?
    Maybe the war had never happened, his Dresden home saved from the
    ruin of the firestorm and his family still alive. Trying to banish
    this hope from his mind, he stepped back through the warp...

PS. Here is a link in case you don't know who Gavrilo was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavrilo_Princip
    Last edited by molls; October 27, 2008 at 04:19 AM.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

"Good luck" and a kiss of a muse. The winner gets a handmade A.U. sig.

Regards and i feel me honored. A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

this one was extremely easy in comparison to others

I am a Space Marine, hardened in the tests of war, and toughened by the rigors of my day to day life. We ridding this town of terrorists, who have hidden themselves in this world. This planet is extremely underdeveloped and he have had to disguise ourselves as Arqubusiers to not assaulted by the townsfolk. My captain, Price, and Bean, are covering the door to the house they are susspected to be in. Price kicks the door open and he finds a family of 1 women, 5 men, and 10 children. As per his orders, he is to kill any men that are suspect of trying to undermine the Greek overlord. Price orders Bean to fire on the men, they stand there, waving there arms into the air, screaming something in old french. looking at my watch, i saw that we had 3 minutes to get out of here before the town realizes what is going on and starts rioting. I tell Price to leave the children, we don't have the time and there is no way they were terrorists, even if there mother and father were. Price says that they must die as they are in this building at the pre-ordaned time, and by law they must die. At this time the men and women are dead, a plasma shot thru the head ended their lives prematurely. Bean puts his rifle next to the first kids head and I try to stop him, but i was just to slow. I tackle Bean and Price tries to seperate me, and at this time the townsmen have heard the gunshots and have grabbed their torches and pitchforks, Price gets on in the face and dies, but me and bean manage to find our teleporter and we make it back to our base in Mars. I was denounced to a security role for the company that made the teleporters, and I am the only one left, Bean and the others have all been eaten by those demons from Hell. If anyone finds this, tell them I tried.end transmission. Last message from the brave warrior who fought to the end against the demons of Hell in Mars.
    Last edited by molls; October 27, 2008 at 04:26 AM.
    Take Adventures in a Land Down Under. My latest AAR