Thread: Reconquista [Community Game Proposal]

Default Reconquista [Community Game Proposal]

Iberian Peninsula

Late 11th Century

Two religions, two races, two Gods, one war. Sparked three-hundred years previously, the series of conflicts between the Muslim Moors and Christian Hispanics, the Reconquista has stretched over the centuries, rendering many lives on both sides null. Battle and war has no soul, it rips people from their homes and tears the happiness from the land. Neither side could ever claim to be on the right, as both committed atrocious wrongs, modern history painting the Muslims as the good guys, although El Cid and the man of Toledo will espouse a different tale. Two Gods can be seen in the mind’s eye, gazing down from the heavens, disapproval etched on their faces, perhaps pain, as those people who pray for them create slaughter in their name.

You can become a part of the monumental battle for Iberia as a part of an up and coming Community Game at TotalWarCenter.net, orchestrated by my good self. All you need is a copy of Medieval II: Total War and some writing talent and you can join by clicking the picture below, informing me of your interest in the game, once you’ve read this. Once we have six interested (excluding myself), hopefully we will have grown large enough for me to ask PowerWizard nicely for our own sub-forum (yay!). So, outlining the idea.

Basically, you’ve all seen these games where you each have one ruler as your own, yep? Yep. Well, this is one of those games. However, so you don’t get bored hanging about in there waiting for the leader to die, while the current leader is playing (updating you on each turn or so as they go) you can offer your political advice, being appointed as a character ingame and role-playing within yourselves. Not as heavily as some games perhaps, but still communicating with the King and attempting to influence his decisions, gain his favour and generally interfere. The final decision remains with the ruler, but buttering him up should be interesting…

I am yet to decide on a modification to use, and feel free to state your opinion in the PM, this will probably be our only fully democratic decioion, enjoy it! Use it!

For the possibility of more information (if I can think of it) and to firmly place your interest here, please PM me (link below)
    Muchos Gracias, Tweety

Click the Image to send a PM notifying Tweety (co-ordinator) of your interest in 'Reconquista'
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Default Re: Reconquista- A Proposal

That looks like an awesome mod, it made me gape. Of course I am open to using this mod, but first I would like other peoples opinions perhaps,
    ~

bitte sehr

I think it will be very cool. good idea.

Would you be interested in participating?
    ~

bitte sehr

Default Re: [Community Game Proposal] Reconquista

yes for now.im not sure but count me in

Im not sure about it. I have alot on my plate with rpgs. I'll see how it goes.

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

I may join, once my Venetian RPG gets off the ground... still, I'll keep this under consideration.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Saint_jimmyz's Avatar Senator

Like KoS, ive got my own rpg to get started. Good idea though, and I hope it gets off the ground. Post a link inside your sig, I got a fair few hits that way. You will need to startposting details about how the rpg will work, sub-fora structure etc. Each time psot the update and update the OP.
    Although this may disappoint some people, I am indeed alive, I just went inactive for three years.

That's right, to be exact the following requirements are needed:

Have at least a 1-week old thread, that contains all the necessary information for the start in the OP:
    • well thought-out, viable, detailed and original game proposal: how would this game work, what kind of mod are you using, what are the exact rules, what are the original ideas, etc.
    • detailed subfora structure
    • a list of active, committed members who are ready and willing to play the game (min. number is 7)
    • a list of recommended local moderators, who don't have any active infraction points (min. number is 2)
    If you have this Tweety, post your request here:
    Want a subforum for your community game? Post here!

I think I've only had five replies PW, (this thread + D'Artagnan) but as soon as I can get another one I will be posting in that thread.

It would also help if everyone could post a favoured mod in the next day or so, or I'll just choose one myself and hope it's for the best.
    ~

bitte sehr

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Reconquista [Community Game Proposal]

It's your choice my friend,I don't care which mod would it be...

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Saint_jimmyz's Avatar Senator

You will be doing most of the work as far as saves are concerned. Pick one you prefer.
    Although this may disappoint some people, I am indeed alive, I just went inactive for three years.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

When I started YATS I only had three or four members, so I would even be willing to overlook the membership requirement if the setup/idea is very good, which it looks to be in this case.

Besides most new members to any game will come a little while after the game begins and word gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

I agree, let's lower the requirements to 5 initial members.
    PS did it.

I take it we will be the faction Spain and primarily fight the Muslims, namely the Moors. I had a very fun campaign as Spain in vanilla M2TW and would be very interested in playing a similar game with RP.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

As soon as I see a solid decision on a mod choice you can consider this to have my stamp of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Brilliant. Your game tweety, I have a clean install and so I am open to anything.

Icon1 Re: Reconquista [Community Game Proposal]

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    As soon as I see a solid decision on a mod choice you can consider this to have my stamp of approval.
    As well as mine.