Thread: Some Strategies or hints piz

Default Some Strategies or hints piz

Guys am playing as Holy Roman Empire and still "survive" the AIs until 40 turns later. Now am stuck in the middle...Denmark to the north, mongols to the east, france on the west and sicily to south. All 4 declared war on me DAMN. Sicily-> Mongols-> Denmark-> then France backstab me. Now am in a box and barely survived 6 full stacks from Mongols w/e left can only hold Denmark so give me some advice what to do but dont use diplo cuz am done that every turns and no use.

Default Re: Some Strategies or hints piz

wow, thats gonna be a tough fight
    you could attack sicily full on, then fortify yourself in italy, its way more strategic than germany
    after building forts at the alpine pathways, you could come back 10-20 turns later and take your lands back

btw to fight horse archers i suggest you build a lot of archers , plus try to bribe and assassinate at every turn

post some pics and update us on ur progress!

For me, Mongols are really a nightmare.

*******Rome Medieval Forum*******
    Beta tester for ROME MEDIEVAL

Quote Originally Posted by ttoommyy View Post
    For me, Mongols are really a nightmare.
    I noticed when playing the Medieval campaign they are aggressive but when I the custom campaign part they just didnt even bother to conquer a few cities to their north west

really, thats interesting :hmmm::hmmm:

which custom campaign tho, i think in the late one, thr technically "the golden horde" and have much less money and power

Quote Originally Posted by Efe Pasha View Post
    really, thats interesting :hmmm::hmmm:

which custom campaign tho, i think in the late one, thr technically "the golden horde" and have much less money and power
    Early Medieval, when i played as Turks it seem to me they are not invading Poland in 20 turns while it did in 5 turns and by 10th turn it started to mess with me

I'm playing as the Turks in the medieval campaign (finally got my game to work!), and the Mongols constantly attack my north eastern cities. I'm trying to get some sort of cease-fire with them so that I can focus my armies in the West against the Byzantines, but I can't get them to accept any terms. Any suggestions?
    Any general suggestions for the Turks? I've just started my campaign.

@hellfire, thats interesting, ill bring it up on the Dev forums and find out

@saadhabib
    that sounds like fun!
    for the turks, i usually spawn muslim swordsmen, muslim horse archers, and bombards
    plus the sipahis every now and then

try to expand into greece and levant, those areas are money makers
    post some updates !

I'm expanding westward towards Greece as you suggested. I have to keep dealing with the Mongolians in the East because they practically siege my cities every other turn with full stacks of armies. That means that I have to maintain strongly fortified cities in the East.
    Is there any way I can get the Mongolians to not be at war with me? Or are they just meant to be aggressive towards the Turks?
    I've found Muslim swordsmen pretty useful. Haven't gotten around to horse archers yet. And I don't think I can get bombards yet.
    I've also found the janissary archers to be pretty useful.
    I was wondering if I can recruit elephants. I saw some video where the Turks had elephants. Is that possible?

not only did the Mongol was powerful with huge armies but the French the Danes and the Scots too. Scots wiped England out (way too inaccurate) France go over and turn the entire Iberia blue. The Danes created a red stripe in Northern Europe and allies with Mongols to do knife work with me (Holy Roman Empire). I followed ur advice and fortified myself in Italy after clean up Sicily and got into an alliance with Muslims' World (believed me my diplomat traveled all the way to Turks)

Quote Originally Posted by SaadHabib View Post
    I'm expanding westward towards Greece as you suggested. I have to keep dealing with the Mongolians in the East because they practically siege my cities every other turn with full stacks of armies. That means that I have to maintain strongly fortified cities in the East.
    Is there any way I can get the Mongolians to not be at war with me? Or are they just meant to be aggressive towards the Turks?
    I've found Muslim swordsmen pretty useful. Haven't gotten around to horse archers yet. And I don't think I can get bombards yet.
    I've also found the janissary archers to be pretty useful.
    I was wondering if I can recruit elephants. I saw some video where the Turks had elephants. Is that possible?
    mongols are very hard to kill, you can take off their generals with assassins, and just archers + support from cheap spear men shouldn't be too bad against their horse archers

no you cant recruit elephants, those are mercenaries from around the Baghdad area i think :hmmm:, i would just try to eradicate the mongols, are you having a hard time winning the battles, or having enough money for troops?

not only did the Mongol was powerful with huge armies but the French the Danes and the Scots too. Scots wiped England out (way too inaccurate) France go over and turn the entire Iberia blue. The Danes created a red stripe in Northern Europe and allies with Mongols to do knife work with me (Holy Roman Empire). I followed ur advice and fortified myself in Italy after clean up Sicily and got into an alliance with Muslims' World (believed me my diplomat traveled all the way to Turks)
    you get to make your own history!
    hows that going for you, in fort italy ?
    were you having a problem defeating them or just facign the sheer numbers?
    Last edited by Dr. Oza; October 28, 2008 at 02:19 AM.

Yeah, that's the strategy I've used. I've found archers to be especially useful.
    I've had some very decisive victories over the Mongols as well as Byzantine. But I don't have enough money to recruit troops. Especially considering the Abbasids' just recently backstabbed me. So I'm pretty much fighting a four front war - Byzantium to the West, Ummayads to the South East, Abbasids to the East, Mongols to the North East. I'm fearing that the Khwarzemid's are going to attack me as well since they're allied with the Abbasids.
    I haven't had much time to play of late, but I'll post updates when I do.

Why doesn't anybody else post any campaign strategies or battle tactics? It would be interesting to read and hopefully liven this forum up.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Nothing to show at the moment, but I love how tough RM's campaigns are. Try one as England on VH/H and try NOT to get wiped out by the scots!

Quote Originally Posted by Efe Pasha View Post
    mongols are very hard to kill, you can take off their generals with assassins, and just archers + support from cheap spear men shouldn't be too bad against their horse archers

no you cant recruit elephants, those are mercenaries from around the Baghdad area i think :hmmm:, i would just try to eradicate the mongols, are you having a hard time winning the battles, or having enough money for troops?

you get to make your own history!
    hows that going for you, in fort italy ?
    were you having a problem defeating them or just facign the sheer numbers?
    Am facing sheer number almost every battles that i fought against the mongols and french 2, got like 5 armies full stacks while me got barely 3 to be called "armies" mostly made up of low morale units. Couldn't have time build eco and build stuff so no way can i get teutonic knights