Thread: Heroic units

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Default Heroic units

Today while playing as the Alomhads and conquering my way though Egypt with my Alomhad urban militia heavy armies I was crusaded against by the Germans that had been my allies for years. I somehow skipped the message without realizing and when the crusade showed up I had almost nothing to repel it. So when it arrived at Antioch, I attempted to pull an army together and had a ragtag mix of a few half dead units: (going off screenshot as its hard to remember exact numbers

76 Peasants
    147 Nubain Spearmen
    95 Alomhad Urban Militia (5 valour)
    25 Urban Militia (cant remember what they did)

The Germans had about 1600+ men such as armored spearmen, spearmen, archers, mounted sergeants, royal knights and others. when the battles started there wasn’t much i could do besides just charge right at them the Nubians attacked first and killed quite a few order foot and them some mounted sergeants, as they were attacked from both flanks as well as the front the peasants attacked I think jobargy and killed quite a few for peasants before inevitably getting devastated. the Alomhad urban militia however with its 5 valour was insane it massacred the normal spear unit I charged it at and them turned to help the Nubians and started shredding the armoured spearmen. the Nubians after a minute or so routed with only ten men left and the alomhads were alone they were completely surrounded but they didn’t rout and stayed at impertutious morale they finished crushing the armored spearmen and started killing the mounted sergeants and melee archers and anything else around them being surrounded and attacked from all sides all the time. they slowly took casualties while ripping apart the enemies around them and when they got below 20 casualties they finally went to steady morale they kept killing and dying till there were about 8 left then my general died I think and they started routing the few men left killed by the badly bloodied Germans. When they had below 20 men the alomhads were at ten valour. With just this army alone and mostly the AUM I had blunted the German crusade and prevented almost the entirety of what was Egypt’s territory being conquered by the Germans, as I had most no troops there. These men were definitely heroes and the least I could do what make a topic about them.

What’s your most heroic unit that saved you?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rest Well
    Last edited by Yojimbo; October 16, 2008 at 04:47 PM.

Magic Man's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Heroic units

Hahah, thats mental!

I don't think ive ever had an infantry unit manage to score that many kills in a normal battle.

Citizen

Yeah I've never seen anything like it in mtw before. They have always been my faves as you can get them so early, since they just need a castle and a town militia building and they are crazy powerful for militia, more like feudal men at arms. Armies of them, even later in the campaign crush everything. I've never seen them do that before tho. I should have taken a fraps video.

Urban militia ? In the introduce of this unit , it says : Good att , good def but if you put them in battles , you may feel they are useless : no match again amour troop , can't stand w/ spearman, killed by cavalry . I think their swords and shields are not enough to protect them even they are 5 stars . You should use Urban Sergants instead of Urban militia , then you upgrade spear-house to train mowahid foot soldier - consider mowahid your main troops .

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Punctuation man! Punctuation! That's my heroic unit.

But yeah, nice battle. That's why I love MTW

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

In one of my Spanish campaigns from a long time ago, I had a mercenary company of Vikings in my employ. These guys survived -- and helped win -- several major battles, including some while on Crusade. They eventually got whittled down to 7 men, but were at something like 12 valor by that point....
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    In one of my Spanish campaigns from a long time ago, I had a mercenary company of Vikings in my employ. These guys survived -- and helped win -- several major battles, including some while on Crusade. They eventually got whittled down to 7 men, but were at something like 12 valor by that point....
    That happens all the time to me with Feudal MAA on campagin they keep fighting and gettign enough valour to not rout even when outnumbered so you get tiny units with high valur.

i wish i still had medieval 1

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zombie smuggler View Post
    i wish i still had medieval 1
    It's very cheap now just get it off eBay or something It doesn't work with 8 series Geforce cards tho so you'll need an older rig to play it. i use my laptop.