Thread: Magadha Empire

Default Magadha Empire

So, I just started playing and noticed that I only have missile units. So I went to a custom battle and seen I start out with all the units. :hmmm:Umm why is this? And has anyone done a campaign with them?

Default Re: Magadha Empire

Yes pretty much the entire Magadh army has the ability to use missiles. In battle, if you Alt+RightClick on an enemy, they will attack with melee weapons though. Especially the royal infantry is really useful that way (the red-robed guys).
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

cool, I didnt know that

Icon3 Re: Magadha Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Yes pretty much the entire Magadh army has the ability to use missiles. In battle, if you Alt+RightClick on an enemy, they will attack with melee weapons though. Especially the royal infantry is really useful that way (the red-robed guys).
    Alt+RightClick? Damn! I have played this game for years without knowing that!

Thanks!

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Phelerox View Post
    Alt+RightClick? Damn! I have played this game for years without knowing that!

Thanks!
    proves that you can never see it all
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Personified Boredom's Avatar Tiro

This is why I wish we knew more about the Dravidians and the Aryans. The Maghada are so very underpowered.

Granted, the challenge in facing them is getting your troops close enough to engage in melee with ending up bleeding out on the field with an arrow or eighty in them. However, when you can engage them in melee, it doesn't take much to mash them into the dirt if they don't have any elephants to back them up.

Is there truly that little that can be dug up about the military history of India at the time? Or is everything just consist of weird-ass books about funky positions to engage in in the bedroom?

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

most works from this particular era of Indian history havn't been translated into a 'current language'

everybody just wants the Kama Sutra
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'