View Poll Results: Join the united AAR forum?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay, that's a good idea, let's go.

8 61.54%
  • Nay, it's fine here.

4 30.77%
  • I don't know. / I abstain.

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Union?

Icon5 Union?

Several members prompted me to raise the idea that non-TW AARs could join the recently created, and already thriving united AAR forum (keeping the separate subforum of course).

Hex decided to leave this subforum in its original place.

-----------------------------------------------

I'd like to attract your attention, that you can nominate your non-Total War AAR too in the monthly competitions, and qualify for the medals here:

AAR Competitions
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; December 14, 2008 at 10:55 AM.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Unite?

Sounds good to me.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Hear hear!

Even though I'm hardly an AARtist, I'd like to work on many more and this would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Axeman, Gambit, thank you for the support, especially knowing that you are authors here.

No... I can't agree to this.

The Circus Maximus exists because it is a forum for discussion of games other than those in the TW series, and moving AARS for non-TW games to a forum for TW games doesn't make sense. Sorry for the convoluted sentence.

What I'm trying to say is that the AAR forum is awesome, but it should be limited to AARs/RPGs/etc that relate to TW.

Cheers!

gambit's Avatar Gorak

What your saying makes sense fuzz, but some sort of compromise would be nice. I dont see a big problem with it just being brought in as a subforum for the regular AAR area. Yes you can argue it doesn't technically belong there, since it's the TW forum, but it could just be seen as a sort of "off-topic" area in the sense that it doesn't have a better place to go without seeming too out of the way.
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

yeah, but it belongs here...i dunno, someone get estlander, he's the one that proposed and implemented this subforum anyway

gambit's Avatar Gorak

True. I guess it's not that important, since it's more of a matter of convenience.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

thats how we had it when I was a member of the old RTR.org
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    No... I can't agree to this.

The Circus Maximus exists because it is a forum for discussion of games other than those in the TW series, and moving AARS for non-TW games to a forum for TW games doesn't make sense. Sorry for the convoluted sentence.

What I'm trying to say is that the AAR forum is awesome, but it should be limited to AARs/RPGs/etc that relate to TW.

Cheers!
    I see your point. I updated the disadvantages paragraph, and I change my vote to "I abstain."

I support. This forum might get some actual activity if it's reassigned to the AAR Forum.

Sounds nice, my Theatre of War AAR would have recieved alot more publicity when in the united forum.
    On the other hand, it makes this Forum less useful, only leaving it for discussion about other games, since the AAR's from other games moved up to the TW AARs.
    So i dont know.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Maybe the AAR forum could just be moved from TW general & Community to the Circus Maximus?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Maybe the AAR forum could just be moved from TW general & Community to the Circus Maximus?
    That's out of question. It was a CVRIAL decision to make this a main index forum.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Just throwin ideas out there as I get em.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Just throwin ideas out there as I get em.
    NP mate, I appreciate this mentality.
    That's what I tend to do all the time in the Q&S.
    4 out of 5 times I am knocked off, but in that 1... if my suggestion hits, it always delivers.

Ive changed my mind, definitely unite, noone visits this place, and its just unfair for all the people who write these nice AARs.
    Everyone should see them

On a final note, this AAR board won't be moved to the general AAR board.
    But I'd like to attract your attention, that you can nominate your non-Total War AAR too in the monthly competitions, and qualify for the medals here:

AAR Competitions

Default Re: Union + AAR Competitions

On a final note, this AAR board won't be moved to the general AAR board.
    No problem, but may I ask what the reasons are? The AAR board doesn't say only TW-AARs in its description, it says AARs in general. I only found this forum a week ago or so and I've been a member here for months and a un-signed up lurker for years yet I didn't see it. It's good now that you can nominate non-TW AARs, it could help. Perhaps we could hold a (mini-)contest for non-TW AARs, just to get the forum noticed and persuade users to create and enter AARs?

Or maybe in one of the threads in the AAR board you can start a thread linking to this forum and name it 'Non-TW AARs', then sticky it, and maybe some more people will come here.

Sorry, I just have a lot of ideas at the moment.

Icon1 Re: Union + AAR Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by attilavolciak07 View Post
    No problem, but may I ask what the reasons are? The AAR board doesn't say only TW-AARs in its description, it says AARs in general. I only found this forum a week ago or so and I've been a member here for months and a un-signed up lurker for years yet I didn't see it.
    See the fuzz's posts in the thread. It's better fit here, within the Circus Maximus. Anyway, I make some PMs to see Hex's opinion about this. :hmmm:

It's good now that you can nominate non-TW AARs, it could help. Perhaps we could hold a (mini-)contest for non-TW AARs, just to get the forum noticed and persuade users to create and enter AARs?
    A mini-contest is a good idea, however there wouldn't be enough contestants. The current competition gives opportunity for anyone to put his writing abilities to the test.

Or maybe in one of the threads in the AAR board you can start a thread linking to this forum and name it 'Non-TW AARs', then sticky it, and maybe some more people will come here.
    This is a good idea, mabye not a sticky, but a link in a sticky will do.

Sorry, I just have a lot of ideas at the moment.
    I appreciate your efforts, Attila.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast