Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 1.6 list of Multiplayer forums

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: List of Roma Surrectum Multiplayer forums

I wouldn't say no.Where do we get or Download this program?.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshamrock. View Post

on the internet....

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshamrock. View Post
    Here's a link that should work OK.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/

Someone needs to set up the network and allocate a password. It's not very hard to do - I did set one up for RS a while ago (the details are burined in one of the MP threads in the RS forum). There is a limit of sixteen free accounts per server - so if a lot of people play then multiple networks may be required.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

It would be interesting to give it a try....Nice program this "hamachi", by the way.

Hamachy is one program.....I have found anotherone
    It is called Wippen.....it doesn't require an password instalation, not even money to buy this program
    It is free.....and it is like and Yahoomessenger

ChrisJoker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by forever View Post
    It is called Wippen.....it doesn't require an password instalation, not even money to buy this program
    sounds magnificent its great u found this then alot of people will be releavid to test their rtw skill in combat with other players than the boring always winning against the computer it will make it really fun
    "An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep".(Arab proverb)

Citizen

Hamachi is also free. The password is set to restrict access to your network - only people you send the password to can join in. As previously posted there is a limit of 16 free accounts that can join a network (that's register for it). So, it's in your interest to set this up.

Hamachi was used for the RTR VII TIC Multiplayer tournament with great sucess.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJoker View Post
    sounds magnificent its great u found this then alot of people will be releavid to test their rtw skill in combat with other players than the boring always winning against the computer it will make it really fun
    You may be in for a shock - other humans are usually a lot harder to beat than the AI. They don't "put thier necks on the block" to be slaughtered.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

So.......lets make some servers
    I already have hamachy non commercial instaled
    A friend of mine will make an server with the name: Flavius Maccus Opium
    The password will be tonedvk

Who wants to enter and play with a friend using hamachy this server will be available for you

Warning...this server is not always online
    Experimental only

Or This server: Name Roma Surrectum
    Password tonedvk
    Last edited by forever; January 20, 2009 at 12:52 AM.

Me and Flavius Maccus Opium have finished experiencing with hamachi, playng surrectum 1.5c.After 8 battles we didn't encountered any bug.It work's flawlessly.So if you are interested to enter and play online using hamachy connect to the server name called "Roma Surrectum", or "Flavius Maccus Opium" both with the password "tonedvk".

If you want the hamachy program you can download it Here:http://hosted.filefront.com/foreversense/
    or Here:Attachment 27944

After the download when you are starting to instal hamachi use the next options:
    1.When you double click the hamachi instaler hit the Next button.

2.After that, select the next button again.

3.In the next section make sure that you have slected "create shortcut on your desktop".You will need the program on your desktop...trust me.After slecting this option hit the next button again.

4.Next.

5.Here you must select the option "use hamachi with non-commercial license".If you want to purchase the program use the second or the third option.Hit next,after choosing the option.

6.Click install.

7.Hit Next.

8.And then hit finish.

9.After this you can create an free account....and then you will be free to play online with anyone who has this program.

So ...after the instalation you can use...this servers if you want to play:
    Roma Surrectum Password tonedvk
    Flavius Maccus Opium Password tonedvk

Citizen

When you play MP battles rememebr to save the replay at the end. It's then possible to replay the battle using the movie camera (the switch is -movie_cam) and then post a report on the battle.

The following is one that was done with RTR VII TIC (see post #203 in this thread) - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...95#post3111395

The advantage of posting reports may be that it may get more players interested in MP battles (especially when they see that there is a harder challenge than the AI).

I suggest you start a seperate thread in the main RS forum so you don't clutter up this thread.

I am downloading this now, looking forward to trying this jazz out online. Tell me is xfire required to run the hamanchi RS experience? or is it to chat to your team mates while fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    When you play MP battles rememebr to save the replay at the end. It's then possible to replay the battle using the movie camera (the switch is -movie_cam) and then post a report on the battle.

The following is one that was done with RTR VII TIC (see post #203 in this thread) - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...95#post3111395

The advantage of posting reports may be that it may get more players interested in MP battles (especially when they see that there is a harder challenge than the AI).

I suggest you start a seperate thread in the main RS forum so you don't clutter up this thread.

We might do just that...

ok......So if you want to enter the hamachi server.....use This

Rome total war with no Alexander and BI
    Patch it to 1.3 and then to 1.5
    After that use only the Full installer of Surrectum 1.5c

Se you on the server

Hamachi server names
    Last edited by forever; January 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Barca Payne's Avatar Tiro

hi all

I've been noticing that more people have still been adding there name to the forums I created to try and get a center for all MP mods in one place by trying to put a notice on there forums the only one to go ahead with the idea being the RS team without being unable to link up with Blackshamrock I left TW for a while hoping that RS2 wouldn't be to far a way

anyway I hoping to get a few game in with you lot that are currently playing it and hopping to get more attention on the forums so we can get the no converted TW multiplayers modders to try it out and hopeful build up a community that might be able to self strain it's self until TW dies out or whatever

my xfire names kinghannibalrtr if any want to add me and I'll be adding my name to hamachi servers

hope to see you on the battlefield and goodhunting

ok......So if you want to enter the hamachi server.....use This

Rome total war with no Alexander and BI
    Patch it to 1.3 and then to 1.5
    After that use only the Full installer of Surrectum 1.5c

Se you on the server

Hamachi server names
    Hey! ive added/joined the flavius maccus Opium to the hamachi thingy how exactly do we play? I'm totally new to this lol. we chat on the hamachi and then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalius View Post
    Hey! ive added/joined the flavius maccus Opium to the hamachi thingy how exactly do we play? I'm totally new to this lol. we chat on the hamachi and then what?
    Not sure on this either.

Guys, you might want to look at GArena, works like Hamchi, but there is a lobby system that basically acts like an online lobby in Rome Total war.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KT12 View Post
    Not sure on this either.
    The idea is to post times that you will be able to play. Within Hamachi it's possible to send messages (when people are on-line). I know what X-Fire has been used to communicate as well.

It looks like KT12 is on now but when I click to ping or chat nothing appears to happen.

Once you launch RS just go into MP - you should see if anyone is there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    The idea is to post times that you will be able to play. Within Hamachi it's possible to send messages (when people are on-line). I know what X-Fire has been used to communicate as well.

It looks like KT12 is on now but when I click to ping or chat nothing appears to happen.

Once you launch RS just go into MP - you should see if anyone is there or not.
    Yes i am on now sorry I didn't respond was playing RS

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KT12 View Post
    Yes i am on now sorry I didn't respond was playing RS
    I wasn't looking for a battle - just trying to answer the questions about Hamachi. I am in the process of moving some things back from one apartment into my 'home' and needed to leave home for the 190 mile drive in a van. I've been struggling with E:TW as well.

I expect to be available for some MP battles next week - although I should be beta testing RTR VOO FoE and RS2.0...

There should be a guide on how to use it somewhere.

I am fairly sure that you get into your Hamachi account as you were and then launch RS. There needs to be agreement over whom will be hosting the game and any limitations.

If you click on the person who is shown on-line you can get into 'chat' mode and agree various things. As I posted before people have used X-Fire in the past (probably before Hamachi was around).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast