Thread: Gameplay/Economy question

Default Gameplay/Economy question

Hey guys, i have just recently reinstalled Rome after playing Medieval for about 2 years and decided to give your mod a try.

It is quite impressive, i particularity love the beautiful map you guys made it looks fantastic.

I Have a few questions about game play. I started a game on VH/VH and that noticed that H/H or H/VH are recommended. Is the fact that i chose that dificulty going to make things somehow easier.

And on that same note i have played for about 25 turns as Rome, i have taken the advice of not expanding too much and just took the 3 southernmost cities in Italy and have just been sitting around building stuff. But it seems that i am just swimming in cash i have 70000 and am upgrading everything have 2 legions just for defense one in the north one in the south. And i probably could raise atleast 3 more legions and have my economy be just fine. Im not exactly used to this kind of cash flow it seems to easy, does this have to do with difficulty settings, or is it supposed to be this way and im just not understanding some game play mechanic.

Anyway thanks in advance for your answers and again love your work.

Oh and on a side note i was also wondering. Seeing as how you managed to make a medieval style map for Rome is there a chance we will see more detailed and randomized units like in medieval. For instance the Rusichi TW team managed to make some really impressive units on the medieval engine that are just as detailed as those in empire.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Gameplay/Economy question

yes VH/VH is easier then H/VH because of some kind of bug.

and i know what you mean by the economy, it's very easy to be 'swimming in cash' early on... but that's something the team is working on in RS2

What I and alot of other players do is gift money to the AI or line up the building qeueu, because your governors gain bad traits when your treasury is over 50k... or you could download a submod that increases the upkeep en recruitment costs for units here.

there a chance we will see more detailed and randomized units like in medieval.
    if you mean different faces and clothes in a unit then no, they will still remain the same old 'clones'

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The problem with campaign difficulty of VH is that the AI factions get no financial bonus where on H they are supposed to get around 10K per turn. Some mods use scripts to bolster the AI's economy so they could probably be used at VH.

The answer to the 'swimming in cash' problem is to raise another army. You should attempt to keep your treasury under 50K at the end of the turn as otherwise your family members / governors start to acquire unwanted retinues/traits mainly corruption which end up costing you money.

If you are playing 0-turn recruitment I'd suggest training up those legions as you are going to need them - although they can be raised quickly if you are playing 0-turn.

As Tesla has posted the changes in figures in a unit is a feature of M2:TW and is not available in RTW or RTW mods.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I would have to say that since I wrote the economics for RS1.6 I\we\the team\everyone involved have learned a lot more about how to control things like income, population, taxes, etc. for RS2. We've done literally a ton of experimenting, included economic specific buildings, nerfed RTW's standard means of making money and growing population, and in general come up with much better ways to do things. We've just finished implementing a new system written by Alavaria as well....it works better than the system I wrote. LOL

You'll most likely be a bit 'shocked' at first by how much things cost, but one of the ways to really get things under control in RTW was to 'raise the bar', so to speak, on all costs and maintenance, carefully implement temple bonuses and bonuses for buildings in general, and implement a wide system of 'infrastructure maintenance' to make things more realistic. The end result is that if you overspend, you'll swim in debt, and even though this will primarily be a 0-turn mod, it won't be quite the free for all that RS1.6 was.

Also, with 'faction specific' modfoldered campaigns, we can and have made playing certain factions VERY difficult.....not to the point of frustrating and stupid....but challenging and fun. All our work here has resulted, I can say for certain, in a far more balanced situation between factions than in RS1.6. I'm not saying that certain factions won't overpower others, but it appears to be random rather than predictable....like the Seleucids running over everyone in the east.

Anyway, expect RS2 to play much different than RS1.6 does.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thanks a lot for your replies. I will check out the cost submod and will start a new campaign on hard.

I look forward to seeing what you guys have done with 2.0 and am awaiting the release eagerly, best of luck with this great mod.