Thread: help against parthians

Civis

Default help against parthians

please help me learn how to kill parthians on the battle map, their horse archers cut my men to peices and so do their heavy cavalry,

I know what some people are going to say "get archers" but seeing how the romans can't recruit them this is almost impossible,

I can't put my men in testudo because as soon as i do that it takes away their pilum ability and the parthians attack with heavy cavalry ( who are supermen because none ever die)

i can't chase off the Parthians with light cavalry because their horse archers are faster and have the magical ability to shoot over their shoulders and still control their horse

what do i do ???

Default Re: help against parthians

Try fighting them in mountainous or wooded areas.

autoresolve.

1 word answer that works.

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

As I have done in Crassus TFT campain - The Crassus went to mountins and blocked his way with forts. Theh he captured Seleukia and Susa and escaped pursoing Orodes army by bilding forts on Eufrat fords. Meanwile Cornely Dolabella take legions from Ierusalim and Damascus and went to desert and captured Dura Evropos. After that Dolabella blocked the fords of Tiger with forts. So Surena's army were captured beetwin two rivers. So my advise against parthians - maneurs and conquerind the citys. Then hire horse archers 8 - 6 troops and you can match with small parthian armys.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Romanman View Post
    what do i do ???
    Don't fight them on open field. Move your army from city to city, and only engage them in siege battles.

or you can wait on bridges and when the parthians attack you, smash them while they're stuck on it.

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

Octavius Vatco, in TFT Surena's army smash legionares even on the bridg. First catafracts kill 1/2 army, second horse archers kill remain soljers.

I won once, using engines. But I think I was on the offensive on that.

Civis

thanks for all the help the best tactics i found work best are building forts and dodging their armies and attacking their cities