Thread: Settlement specific buidlings aka wonders etc....

dqualk's Avatar Civis

Default Settlement specific buidlings aka wonders etc....

Will there be settlement specific buildings?

e.g. The Haga Sophie (Constantinople), Basilica of St John Lateran (Rome), Church of the Holy Sepulchre (Jeruslaem), Basilica of St Ambrose (Milan), Notre Dame (Paris), St. Paul Cathedral (London), The Basilica of San Isidoro (Leon), The Great Mosque Qairawan (Tunis), Saint Justinus' church (Frankfurt), St Mark's Cathedral (Alexandria), Basilica of Ilissos (Athens), Saint Olaf's Church (Novgorod). Or maybe stuff like the Arch of Constantine, The Great Circus Maximus, pyramids, or any other cool monument aruond at the time.

I doubt you care for my list haha I just had to put some of the wonders I would like to see.

BTW you guys are awesome for putting out all this hard work I wish I was as talented as you guys.

peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom
    I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Default Re: Settlement specific buidlings aka wonders etc....

Quote Originally Posted by dqualk View Post
    Will there be settlement specific buildings?

e.g. The Haga Sophie (Constantinople), Basilica of St John Lateran (Rome), Church of the Holy Sepulchre (Jeruslaem), Basilica of St Ambrose (Milan), Notre Dame (Paris), St. Paul Cathedral (London), The Basilica of San Isidoro (Leon), The Great Mosque Qairawan (Tunis), Saint Justinus' church (Frankfurt), St Mark's Cathedral (Alexandria), Basilica of Ilissos (Athens), Saint Olaf's Church (Novgorod). Or maybe stuff like the Arch of Constantine, The Great Circus Maximus, pyramids, or any other cool monument aruond at the time.

I doubt you care for my list haha I just had to put some of the wonders I would like to see.

BTW you guys are awesome for putting out all this hard work I wish I was as talented as you guys.

peace
    We have been considering such a thing, though it is yet to be confirmed.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

dqualk's Avatar Civis

Awesome thanks for reply! I hope it gets confirmed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom

Almost all of them had already been built on XIth Century, so they should be set from the very beginning of the game.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

dqualk's Avatar Civis

Heck yeah! lol A supermod without settlement specific buildings is no super mod at all... well... the Dots team are bad a so im sure theyll pull off a super mod with or without but alas i hope they are in the game lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is there a building limit like the units?

yes there is a building limit so not all of those options would be integrated. Any way in my opion buildings which bring gameplay are more important than wonders. Also, you won't be able to see wonders in a siege so there isn't much point
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

lordoftheT's Avatar Senator

Yeah but wonders can add a bit of character to certain cities.

Senator

I agree that wonders should be implemented, and you have come up with a good list... (although there are still others I could think of...)
    + rep